[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

3 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@astroadrian99 Oxygen mass decreased and oxygen amount increased in version 0.9.9.5. The last version doesn't change that. Could you explain what happened in more details?

Well I updated from 0.9.9.5 to the current version and when I opened the game, my lunar lander went from ~50 ton to ~500 ton. I checked everything and noticed that the oxygen containers are now 250 tons for some reason.

I'm going to release an hotfix real quick because I see reports of people with broken savegames due to lack of CRP dependency. CKAN metadata hasn't been updated yet, but it will be soon. I'll readd the Food/Oxygen definitions to the default profile temporarely to fix this.

@astroadrian99 Please delete the previous directory when updating any mod, not only this one. No wonder your vessel blow up. I'm refactoring everything constantly under the hood. For example in 0.9.9.6 all the old parts were moved in the OldParts directory. If you just override the mod directory, you get duplicated parts. And this is just an example of the myriads of problems you may encounter if you don't delete the previous directory before updating a mod.

CRP became a requirement right now in 0.9.9.6.

Edited by ShotgunNinja

New hotfix release, 0.9.9.7:

- re-added Food/Oxygen definitions temporarely to the default profile
  - changed key combination to mute/unmute messages to CTRL+N

BIG FAT RED NOTE, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY READ IT
Kerbalism has been split in two different CKAN packages: Kerbalism and Kerbalism-Default-Profile. Install both to not break savegames.
Kerbalism-Default-Profile require CommunityResourcePack. Make sure to install CRP!!!

@ShotgunNinja thank you so much, can you fix the Origami issue where it turns of connection with Origami, and about the coloured links, I really wish you would hurry with that, I'm ready to do my series KSP Tales of Wanderers, and now my current battle is whether or not I remove or keep remote tech, because your mod doesn't yet offer the lines for the link, I'm really in two minds about it and need it urgently, thanks for responding, and thanks for making the mod I've waited my whole life for.

@Ryanja99 Just download it from github or Spacedock. That zip include both Kerbalism and the default profile (as before). The split is useful if another mod want to depend on Kerbalism engine (eg: a third party profile). CRP is now required (by the default profile) because it increase compatibility with other mods out of the box and make the lives of both mod authors and users easier.

@The-Doctor There is a file named RemoteTech_NAU_Antenna.cfg distributed with Origami. That file, by mistake, use FOR[RemoteTech] instead of NEEDS[RemoteTech]. The author is aware, I think, but in the meanwhile you can correct it yourself (removing the file will also correct that).

Link lines will be in next update, ETA: 1 week.

@Paul Kingtiger Thanks. Your comment confirm me that moving to CRP was good. :)

@ShotgunNinja Loving the mod thus far! Quick question though, does having Remote Tech installed disable the antennas from factoring into quality of life. I remembered in the previous versions that having an antenna on the command pod factored into "other factors" in the mission planner for the Quality of Life checklist (where the kerbals presumably could call home) but this no longer seems to be the case for me - or at least since installing a few other mods, I'll comb through my recent mods and see what caused it but I just thought I would double check with you that you didnt remove the antenna improving quality of life feature. 

@ShotgunNinja I find I now use your menu exclusively for monitoring my vessels and it'd be great if you could put a jump to ship button on there. Could this be done? 

Also I've noticed that unknown objects show as ships in the monitor. Could you remove those? Cheers

2 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Kaboose The link home is still there. If you have RT or AntennaRange, or otherwise have Signal mechanic disabled, then I'm assuming you have a link home. Now that I think of it, maybe the planner is not showing 'phone-home' in the ui when signal is disabled...

That sounds about right. I'll test and see if I can get the UI to detect the antenna without RT

@Kaboose No need :) I just checked and I forgot... if you disable Signal, or you have RT, it doesn't show in the planner (but it should). Fixed for next version

@dboi88 Also unknown objects will be hidden. For switching vessel, I could do it with double-click. I think its useful, however I saw KAC went to great length to implement that so I don't know how feasible that is.

Edited by ShotgunNinja

47 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

Also unknown objects will be hidden. For switching vessel, I could do it with double-click. I think its useful, however I saw KAC went to great length to implement that so I don't know how feasible that is.

Cheers, your continued support is much appreciated.

13 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

This is the list of planned features and changes:
- a new undisclosed mechanic :sticktongue:

Is there a rough ETA on this update? I would like to start a new career game but don't want to miss out on the new mechanic.

Also I haven't tried the newest version, but with the previous one I noticed a weird behavior with electricity. I slinged a probe way past the orbit of Eeloo and once the solar panels didn't generate enough EC for the probe core, the batteries drained, as expected. But when going into timewarp, it suddenly added a bit of charge back to the batteries. The higher the timewarp speed, the more charge (about 12 EC per battery at max speed) was added and very slowly drained while in timewarp.