[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

15 minutes ago, Gotmachine said:

@Andrea Galimberti I can't see anything wrong in you profile.

Do you have CRP (Community Resource Pack) installed, by chance ? Kerbalism RESOURCE_DEFINITION for Waste is not exactly the same as the one in CRP (CRP define a custom "hsp"), I've heard that this could lead to two different incompatible resources with the same name to coexist :

Urp! Yes, I have CRP and there are a lot of mods depending on it.

Any suggestion?

Has there been any discussion around being able to pull up previous messages flashed across the screen? 

I feel like I'm not able to read them fast enough, and am missing some of the, potentially important, messages from Kerbalism. 

Like perhaps a "log" that could be easily accessed from within the UI? 

- Apologies if this has already been brought up. I'm new to using Kerbalism, and am really enjoying the complexity in an RSS environment so far! - Bravo!

Thanks in advance - OzzyInSpace

@fourfa It is compatible with CRP, but in order not to be dependent on it, it "over-define" the CRP resources.

I've read somewhere that having two resources of the same name, but with different definitions could lead to a "same resource incompatibility" issue, this wouldn't be too surprising.

Looking at the persistent data there are no differences, but maybe the two definitions coexist at runtime and on load resources holders/consumers/producers are affected one definition or the other in certain conditions, leading to @Andrea Galimberti issue. But that is pure speculation, and I don't have time to check that so paging @ShotgunNinja for confirmation :P

15 minutes ago, SpaceX said:

Like perhaps a "log" that could be easily accessed from within the UI? 

There isn't, but this is a great idea. Kerbalism messages could be posted to the F3 flight log.

In settings.cfg, change "Profile = default" to "Profile = none"

Aha! Sneaky sneaky. Thanks! And yeah, I definitely like this mod's science much better than the other science mods tried. The radiation is pretty cool too, but if it doesn't work without the survival meh.

Oh speaking of which, a feature suggestion: Make radiation permanent per kerbal (i.e. persist between missions) if possible, that would be cool and change design considerations a lot. Or even more realistic I suppsoe would be two values, an acute radiation that relaxed back toward zero gradually whenever radiation is less than X, but otherwise goes up rather quickly, and a much more slowly building up, but never degrading, even between missions, lifetime radiation value.

May not be possible to store values on kerbals though outside of missions, I dunno.

4 hours ago, bolttanker said:

hi im trying to find a way to increase science transmit rate

is there a way ??

You'd need something like this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Antenna]:FINAL
{
	@rate *= 2
}

That should double the transmission rate of all your antennas. Or triple or quadruple or whatever you want to set it to

Been playing a Kerbalism career (moderate difficulty) for a while now. Loving it. Compliments for its creators! 

There is so far one small annoyance, which I hope someone can help me with. I have deployed my first relays: two small satellites that orbit Minmus (in an equatorial orbit - not the most efficient, but that's not the topic of my question). These satellites disappear behind Minmus every orbit - which is in the nature of things. However, whenever the signal of the satellite is lost, Kerbalism stops time-warp and gives a pop-up message. And when the signal is back, it stops time-warp again to tell me to relax... This slows the game down too much - especially since I cannot fix the fact that a planet/moon will block the signal, and I intend to keep these satellites in this orbit. :)

Is there any way to stop getting warnings that stop time-warp, without changing the vessel type to "Debris" (which appears to stop the relay from functioning)? Apart from Kerbalism, I am not using other mods that affect the communications. 

8 minutes ago, Magzimum said:

Been playing a Kerbalism career (moderate difficulty) for a while now. Loving it. Compliments for its creators! 

There is so far one small annoyance, which I hope someone can help me with. I have deployed my first relays: two small satellites that orbit Minmus (in an equatorial orbit - not the most efficient, but that's not the topic of my question). These satellites disappear behind Minmus every orbit - which is in the nature of things. However, whenever the signal of the satellite is lost, Kerbalism stops time-warp and gives a pop-up message. And when the signal is back, it stops time-warp again to tell me to relax... This slows the game down too much - especially since I cannot fix the fact that a planet/moon will block the signal, and I intend to keep these satellites in this orbit. :)

Is there any way to stop getting warnings that stop time-warp, without changing the vessel type to "Debris" (which appears to stop the relay from functioning)? Apart from Kerbalism, I am not using other mods that affect the communications. 

You can open the vessel info page, there are tabs across the bottom.  I think its the Auto one, whichever one it is, there are check marks for each of the conditions that can stop time warp, just uncheck the ones you dont want.  

On 16/04/2017 at 4:20 AM, SpaceX said:

perhaps a "log" that could be easily accessed from within the UI? 

On 16/04/2017 at 4:44 AM, Gotmachine said:

There isn't, but this is a great idea. Kerbalism messages could be posted to the F3 flight log.

That's a great idea.

@ShotgunNinja

I love the fact that you can now configure a pod with a built-in fuel cell, but how did you arrive at the conversion rates for those?

I was surprised, to say the least, when a monoprop fuel cell burned through enough oxygen to keep 6 kerbals alive for 5 days (30 kerbal/days worth!!) in less than two hours! The standard fuel cell looks like it would burn through the same O2 in a mere 8 hours or so. Surely if real fuel cells were that efficient we would've had to send a second whole Saturn V to the Moon just to carry all the oxygen for Apollo. ^_^

I can just change them, I know, but I'd like to know your reasoning behind the rates before I decide.

Edited by Rhedd

I guess these are too many mods that it mightn't work, 61 in total.

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils 
Toolbar 
USI Tools 
Zero-Point Inline Fairings 
B9 Part Switch 
CactEye Telescopes 
Community Category Kit 
Community Resource Pack 
ConfigurableContainers 
Contract Pack: Historical Progression 
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy 
DistantObjectEnhancement 
DMagic Orbital Science 
Contract Parser 
Contracts Window Plus 
Progress Parser 
EvaFuel 
EVA Struts 
EVA Transfer 
Firespitter 
GalileosPlanetPack 
Interstellar Fuel Switch 
JSIAdvTransparentPods 
RasterPropMonitor 
Kerbal Attachment System 
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 
KerbalKonstructs 
Kerbal Inventory System 
KSP-AVC Plugin 
KSPWheel 
ModularFlightIntegrator 
Docking Port Alignment Indicator 
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical 
NearFuturePropulsion 
NearFutureSolar 
NearFutureSpacecraft 
Final Frontier
PlanetShine 
Procedural Parts
RealChute
ResearchBodies 
SCANsat 
SETI-Contracts
SETI-Greenhouse
SETI-ProbeParts
SETI-Rebalance 
ShipManifest 
SSTULabs
StageRecovery 
StationPartsExpansion 
StationScienceContinued 
Trajectories 
Kerbal Alarm Clock
Transfer Window Planner 
TweakScale 
USI Core
Asteroid Recycling Tech 
Karbonite 
Unmanned before Manned 
Waypoint Manager

@Nathangun I don't know for sure but I would recommend to remove the following :

• Since Kerbalism has it's own non-stock ISRU/resource system, Karbonite & Asteroid Recycling Tech will probably conflict
  • Tweakscale & Configurable Containers may also cause trouble, but you can try
  • Kerbalism do exactly the same thing as EVAfuel, so remove it beforehand
  • If you already have a life-support mod (USI, TAC...), this won't work (don't seem so, but you have SETI-Greenhouse, so just in case)
  • SETI-Rebalance will certainly cause some minor issues with its science tweaks, but you can try

On 4/16/2017 at 7:40 AM, Drew Kerman said:

You'd need something like this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Antenna]:FINAL
{
	@rate *= 2
}

That should double the transmission rate of all your antennas. Or triple or quadruple or whatever you want to set it to

i can`t find it can you be more pacific where to find it 

3 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

@bolttanker I'm all for pacifism :D

This is a ModuleManager patch. Create a text file in your "GameData" folder, open it, paste what @Drew Kerman gave you, save it. Then rename the file to something like "mypatches.cfg" (the extension need to be *.cfg). Restart the game. Voila !

i think im a noob :P cant get it to work 

now i know im a noob sinds i get get a image on here so here is a link :P

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1034063130027034&set=a.439738746126145.1073741827.100002700709032&type=3

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Gotmachine said:

@Nathangun I don't know for sure but I would recommend to remove the following :

• Since Kerbalism has it's own non-stock ISRU/resource system, Karbonite & Asteroid Recycling Tech will probably conflict
  • Tweakscale & Configurable Containers may also cause trouble, but you can try
  • Kerbalism do exactly the same thing as EVAfuel, so remove it beforehand
  • If you already have a life-support mod (USI, TAC...), this won't work (don't seem so, but you have SETI-Greenhouse, so just in case)
  • SETI-Rebalance will certainly cause some minor issues with its science tweaks, but you can try

Ha, good to know, thanks.

This is the forth current install of KSP, and haven't yet begin game play, thought I'd share my mod list for comment, thanks again @Gotmachine 

@Andrea Galimberti I had a look at your profile, there is nothing wrong that is evident. Anyway, be advised that the waste compressor is very slow. It takes 120 kerbin-days of waste from 1 crew to create 1 Shielding unit.

@Rhedd The proportions of inputs and outputs are correct, but the scale may be too high. And the EC output is completely arbitrary. Also, the monoprop fuel cell is always producing at full capacity, instead of adapting to EC required like the standard fuel cell. I'll fix both issues next version.

@SpaceX, @Gotmachine, @DavidHunter Maybe a little LOG section in the monitor showing the last N messages about that vessel. 

1 minute ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Rhedd The proportions of inputs and outputs are correct, but the scale may be too high. And the EC output is completely arbitrary. Also, the monoprop fuel cell is always producing at full capacity, instead of adapting to EC required like the standard fuel cell. I'll fix both issues next version.

Fair enough, thanks! I was just comparing it to the Universal Storage fuel cell, myself. That might be totally arbitrary, but it's what I was used to.

Hi @ShotgunNinja

I`ve got the hang on your utterly awesome mod the last few weeks, and i just wanted to tell you that it works great after the last update. I implemented your mod in my careergame with all parts researched and had a hellagood time to figure out how it all works, it is basically how KSP would be in PERFECT.

I have just a few mods installed, KER, Nerteas NFT, KerbalAtomics, KIS/ KAS, Tweakscale and such, and i see no conflicts with resources here. The only thing is incoherent counting for the nuclear power generators from NFT while very high focused timewarp (i need them to cool Lh2 cryo tanks), but this is totally neglibigle ermm negligible. :)

I have a large experimental Station (concept for four Kerbal interplanetary transfer habitat department), and i have currently two Kerbals on it for about half a year now and it is just awesome. I just fixed a reactionwheel. "A kick made the trick." :D They could live independently for at least 3-4 years there. :cool:

A pic for your glory! Cheers! Thank you for this amazing work!

7O69761.png

Pic after launch from KSC, just started two of four greenhouses and the scrubbers, testing other stuff. 
KsphWkM.png

Edited by Mikki
negligible? 8D; KerbalAtomics (Not Atomic Age)

6 hours ago, eberkain said:

Love the way you used the rotating ring

I can`t risk my Kerbals lives and i faced the issue that a "reliable" longterm selfsustaining habitat gets rather large, just as i`d expect it from RL. It fits in a large fairing and can be lifted without much anger.
A other idea would be to send a unmanned tanker parallel to a mission to Laythe, with water, nitrogen and the such, for emergency supply. I`d love to send six Kerbals, but that looks very complicated and i am currently figuring out how four of them could descend down to Laythe surface and return to the transfer ship...
This mod is logistical overkill, best lifesupport in my opinion, pretty hardcore to use in career...:rolleyes: