[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

@chaoseclipse01 I'll think about it. Also maybe I should further reduce atmosphere leaking...

@lordcirth There is an issue in backgrond simulation of cryogenic tanks, that is only present if you have multiple tanks. I'll try to fix for next version.

@MaxL_1023  Stress can only be slowed down. But if you provide at least 40m³ of living space, all comforts and pressurization it will last for 21 years.

@gulegule Thanks, a fix will be included in next version.

@PrathamK Please read the documentation, in particular what the signal system is about and how to disable it if you prefer stock CommNet. The same goes for the laboratory analysis mechanics, that too can be disabled in settings. If you think to have found a bug, please refer to the FAQ in the first post on how to properly report it.

New version released: 1.2.7

- remember window position (@PiezPiedPie)
  - depressurizing habitats also vent WasteAtmosphere
  - improved ec and supply icon tooltips in monitor
  - fix: too generous gift package for resque missions
  - fix: comfort from parts not overriding environment factors
  - fix: disable modules on tutorial scenarios
  - fix: wrong pressurized state inside breathable atmosphere
  - fix: excessive cryotank background consumption

I feel like a total noob. I can't figure out how to fix a failed part on my station in orbit. I have an engineer on board. I've eva'd him and tried to interact with the relay dish. I've attempted to interact with the broken relay dish from inside the craft. Nothing seems to give me an option to fix or repair. What am I missing? Any help is much appreciated. 

Due to EC in the planner:

Why is the EC rate of a probe not considered for the general consumption in the planner window? To me, it would be more convenient to have it on by default as probes will drain on the supplys all time. I observe me switching it on all the time to get accurate consumption readings while building my satellites. 

But doing this adds consumption for the internal antenna as well, it should be separated from that.

Edited by New Horizons

52 minutes ago, SneakyGunz said:

I feel like a total noob. I can't figure out how to fix a failed part on my station in orbit. I have an engineer on board. I've eva'd him and tried to interact with the relay dish. I've attempted to interact with the broken relay dish from inside the craft. Nothing seems to give me an option to fix or repair. What am I missing? Any help is much appreciated. 

It is highlighted red? Those are critical failures, and can't be repaired. If it is yellow, you can EVA an engineer next to it, right click the part and you should see a repair option come up. 

You're welcome. I went into the config files and decreased the probability of critical failures - I honestly can't imagine a part that large failing completely out of the blue, and not being fixable. I could understand their being a "spare parts" resource which would be required, but unless it is hit by a meteor it should be fixable.

Edited by MaxL_1023

9 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

Also maybe I should further reduce atmosphere leaking

So, I've been running into this frustration myself as I follow the thread along. A 3-kerbal capsule with 10,000 units of N2 is only good for 4 days. 

Out of curiosity, since I know there's some pretty real-world math here, how much N2 did Apollo carry, for comparison?

24 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

So, I've been running into this frustration myself as I follow the thread along. A 3-kerbal capsule with 10,000 units of N2 is only good for 4 days. 

Out of curiosity, since I know there's some pretty real-world math here, how much N2 did Apollo carry, for comparison?

Remember that these are Kerbals we are talking about. They probably use nails and duct tape to hold their parts together.

Is there a way to change the stress parameters? I am in an upscaled system, so 21 years (about 3.5 Gael years in 10.6257x GPP) is not nearly enough. I can get to a planet inside of Tellumo (although Tellumo is cutting it close), but anything further out has too long of a flight time unless I try some crazy torch-ship stuff. 

4 hours ago, ItCameFromDuna said:

Just an idea: As KSP has a fairly accurate comms system, could you make yours optional/nonexistent for people who want to use the stock one? Thanks!

Read the wiki (link is in the first post, also known as the OP) for info on how to disable the Signal system.

Also, read back in any thread here on the forums. There's an answer to this question a few posts back by the mod author

Edited by Drew Kerman

Hi, Can you help me fix this.

40 of my probes are not in contact, all the antennas are retracted, and  10 relays are shut. Thanks for guide, I was looking in the cfg but didn't knew how to fix it.

Antennas and relay need to be manually restarted .

@PrathamK You can go in Settings.cfg and set ExtendedAntenna = false, that way the antennas don't need to be extended to work.

@CatastrophicFailure After Apollo 1, NASA used mixed oxygen->nitrogen atmosphere only during launch. Once in space the atmosphere was back to pure oxygen. Anyway, I was never able to find any real data on leak rates.

12 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Read the wiki (link is in the first post, also known as the OP) for info on how to disable the Signal system.

Also, read back in any thread here on the forums. There's an answer to this question a few posts back by the mod author

Thanks!

On 2017-05-04 at 6:00 PM, klugeh01 said:

@lordcirth, do you get the same issue when using the stock tanks switched to hydrogen?

The stock tanks don't have Cooling, so that wouldn't make sense. Also, Kerbalism 1.2.7 just fixed the bug.

I think I found what I was looking for - I changed the stress degeneration in the default profile to 1/10th of what it was originally. Only fair, since my solar system is 10 times larger. Also, the kraken only knows what that will actually do. 

hey so i have your mod for 1.2.2 and i play  career mode with it   the only problem is i have probes on planets and stuff and when i have to time warp it gives me messages about waste products and stuff about other vessels i dont care about and it stops my timewarp    it is immensly annoying and i want to disable it

1 hour ago, Swithmario said:

hey so i have your mod for 1.2.2 and i play  career mode with it   the only problem is i have probes on planets and stuff and when i have to time warp it gives me messages about waste products and stuff about other vessels i dont care about and it stops my timewarp    it is immensly annoying and i want to disable it

Thats the Problem. I face while wrapping 30 Min, took 5 mins real time, many time it kill wrap while doing landing burn.

3 minutes ago, PrathamK said:

Thats the Problem. I face while wrapping 30 Min, took 5 mins real time, many time it kill wrap while doing landing burn.

how do i fix it   otherwise im going to delete the mod but all the crafts have the parts 

On 2017-05-04 at 5:26 PM, MaxL_1023 said:

Is there a way to get the stress value up to "perpetual?" I can't seem to get it higher than 3 or 4 years - not enough time to get to Gauss or Nero in 10.6257x GPP. Should I just manually scale the values?

I believe the cap is 10 years.  If you want more, you might need to scale.

38 minutes ago, Swithmario said:

how do i fix it   otherwise im going to delete the mod but all the crafts have the parts 

Use KIS and an Kerbal to remove the damn parts in space.

I updated mod and used the same way to re-enable my station.