Demum Perveniemus - A stock career report webcomic (Chapter 15!)

Parkaboy

This episode was lots of fun, as always.

I hope all your probes missions are successful and send back enormous amounts of science data.

And good luck with your reentry profile. :)

Happy landings!

If you overshoot KSC by less than 5 km, you should be able to land at the Old Airfield. (3 km away)

If you overshoot it by between 5 and 100 km, brace for a water 'landing'.

If you overshoot it by over 100 km, attempt to land at the continent east of KSC.

5 hours ago, KerbalOmmex said:

If you overshoot KSC by less than 5 km, you should be able to land at the Old Airfield. (3 km away)

If you overshoot it by between 5 and 100 km, brace for a water 'landing'.

If you overshoot it by over 100 km, attempt to land at the continent east of KSC.

If you undershoot by less than 5, you can just glide. Probably. 

If you undershoot by between 10 and 25, and you have a bad-S Kerbal, hope the kraken is in a good mood and try land on mount whoopstooshort. 

If you undershoot by 25 to 100 km, land in the relatively flat areas on the west side of the ksc's continent. 

If you land any further away than these, you might want to practice deorbiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, cool Orion capsuled Apollo style mission! Also, why do you use Thud engines so much? They are heavy, dirty and inefficient... I understand if you use them to correct some asymmetrical thrust issues on a space shuttle (because they are radial mount), but I do not when you place them instead of a more reasonable engine on the underside of a Mounar spacecraft!

Edited by TheDestroyer111

56 minutes ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

Ha, cool Orion capsuled Apollo style mission! Also, why do you use Thud engines so much? They are heavy, dirty and inefficient... I understand if you use them to correct some asymmetrical thrust issues on a space shuttle (because they are radial mount), but I do not when you place them instead of a more reasonable engine on the underside of a Mounar spacecraft!

The thuds aren't that bad earlier in career, when you don't have many options. They have the advantage of being surface attachable, which is the reason I used them on the Mun I. Anyway, that ship had way more delta-v than I needed, so I could afford using a less efficient engine.

• 1 month later...

Those are some extremely cool vehicles! Especially the Daydreamer and the Alpha-5, both of which I'm absolutely not going to try and copy in my next career save. I wonder if the "SSTS" would work as an orbiter if you stuck some boosters and drop tanks on it, like some of the early Shuttle concepts--particularly the "stage-and-a-half" Lockheed ones.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.