Constant crashing

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

Are you realy sure?

I've never had any issues with it in the ~year I've had it. I'll make sure that I have a monitor open next time I try and start the game but I seriously doubt it's a hardware issue.

CobaltWolf 

You're right though. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your hardware~ I've got plenty of extra beef in my rig and these VAB crashes still happen pretty much without fail. I haven't actually -quit- a game of 1.1 since it was released. it just crashes and I CBF to start it up again.

I think I've found a solution to all the VAB crashes.

I run KSP through steam and noticed that when you uninstall the game many of the game files still remain in the steam client.

What I did was uninstall the game on steam and then manually delete the "Kerbal Space Program" folder in the steam client.

which is located here :- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\

Another thing I noticed was that steam automatically starts KSP in 32-bit mode but you can start in 64 bit mode by clicking on KSP_x64 at the above address.

I was experiencing VAB crashed every 5 minutes. I just ran KSP for an hour in the VAB with no crashes so I'd be interested to see if following this procedure makes any difference to anyone else.

3 hours ago, zuyos said:

I think I've found a solution to all the VAB crashes.

I run KSP through steam and noticed that when you uninstall the game many of the game files still remain in the steam client.

What I did was uninstall the game on steam and then manually delete the "Kerbal Space Program" folder in the steam client.

which is located here :- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\

Another thing I noticed was that steam automatically starts KSP in 32-bit mode but you can start in 64 bit mode by clicking on KSP_x64 at the above address.

I was experiencing VAB crashed every 5 minutes. I just ran KSP for an hour in the VAB with no crashes so I'd be interested to see if following this procedure makes any difference to anyone else.

Had the crashes on a completely clean install (with no files leftover from whatever stupid software which messes with everything), not using the aforementioned software (Steam in case someone didn't understand) and running KSP in 64bit, so I think it's just a coincidence.

3 hours ago, Gaarst said:

Had the crashes on a completely clean install (with no files leftover from whatever stupid software which messes with everything), not using the aforementioned software (Steam in case someone didn't understand) and running KSP in 64bit, so I think it's just a coincidence.

+1, same here, I agree.

I seem to also crash now and then pretty much as soon as I enter the launch pad.

Is this a known issue to?

EDIT

Ha this is taking the.....

KSP as it is now is unplayable constant crashes in VAB etc.

Edited by stk2008

Hmmmm hope they brng out a patch soon just to stop the crashing.

I purchased my son a copy of KSP and the crashing is making it unplayable for me and him so I have purchased a game for him he cant even play :(

8 minutes ago, stk2008 said:

Hmmmm hope they brng out a patch soon just to stop the crashing.

I purchased my son a copy of KSP and the crashing is making it unplayable for me and him so I have purchased a game for him he cant even play :(

I hear you I have my own copy that is touch and go. We (as others who bought the game) are trying to keep the devs informed. If you feel passionately, i believe you are entitled to a refund before a certain point.

Na its cool I have now purchased x2 copys in the last week one for me and then my son see me playing and was like whats that.

I got it him today and he to has random crashes.

Before 1.1.2 I think it was 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 I was rock solid no crashes at all and I had like 50 mods back then.

This is a clean non modded install and and crashes all the time.

They did some thing in 1.1.2 that KSP does not like LOL.

Just looking into this a bit, since I'm still getting occasional CTD on staging without any log.  ntdll.dll mentioned in the windows error log seems to be related to NVidia video cards. Might try updating/downgrading the version of video drivers you're running on.

I have occasional complete reboots while the output_log stays entirely empty (0 bytes in size) when using the 64 bit version (have not tested 32 bit). It happens rarely enough to make it hard to reproduce, but I was just able to film AIDA64 on my second screen and the last measurement before video cuts out shows no suspicious temperatures or voltages, and in fact just loading my system down with Furmark and Aida does not lead to similar crashes, so it might be something about KSP.

I'm having this problem. At first it seemed to be only happening in VAB but now it happens at random times. Sometimes while staging but also while right clicking on a part in flight, switching to map mode, throttling up and even just moving the camera. I've tried a clean install with no mods and I've tried both 32bit and 64bit. No noticeable difference.

There's nothing useful in the output logs and there's no crash dumps created. Windows error reporting shows it as an Application Hang ID:1002 paired with a WER ID:1001. I zipped up an error report from windows in case it helps anyone fix this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sy70grbffhhkmxh/Report.rar?dl=0

I have disabled the Space Center crew, the Anti-Aliasing and the V-Sync. Until now, I had no more crashes.

I'am not sure witch change has fixed the issue or whether it is permanently resolved or not.

I must admit having to wait for Squad to come back from vacation, release 2 or 3 more patches and for the mods I use to update is somehow frustrating.

Now, I agree that having 60 mods might play a role in the instant crashed I get when deleting a single part in the VAB. I would like to play stock in the meanwhile, but alas, I can't design a ship without launching the game a handful of times.

(This was a useless rant, you may come back to whatever you were doing.)

Edited by Gaarst

I have the same issue.

In SPH or VAB sometimes when trying to attrach a part on the surface of another or when deleting a part that was already attached the Game crashes.

Really irritating.

6 minutes ago, Drelam said:

I have the same issue.

In SPH or VAB sometimes when trying to attrach a part on the surface of another or when deleting a part that was already attached the Game crashes.

Really irritating.

Claw has opened a thread to gather all of these crashes in order to find a solution. Please report your issue there along with all the information needed for a standard bug report.

This is valid for anyone else posting here, reporting all similar issues with all information available in a single thread will significantly increase chances to solve this bug.

Edited by Gaarst
Typo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.