Startup Loading Takes Forever

When I start the game, the loading screen takes about 10 minutes to finish. These are the folders where the loading procedure gets REALLY SLOW:

/Flags

/PartsList/SimpleIcons

/Strategies/Icons

and finally "Loading Asset Bundle Definitions"

This issue only happens after 1.1 update.

It happens in both 32bit and 64bit versions.

After the loading is complete, the game runs as expected.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this same issue, did not have the issue in 1.0.5.  It takes several seconds for each item during loading to process, giving a total load time somewhere over 20 minutes (I've never had the patience to wait it out to the end).

I do not have Hamachi installed, never have.  I do not have Virtualbox installed.

Going to my one single network connection in Windows (the one on my motherboard, Realtek PCIe GBE Family...aka, "typical"), if I right click it and hit Disable, then I can start and play KSP within about 20 seconds.  

I'm not miffed about this yet because I'm planning a complete reinstall all the way to Windows 10 (currently 7 64-bit), so I'll try it again after that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.