DMagic

KSPedia Creation Tutorial

86 posts in this topic

@The White Guardian Which version of Unity are you using?

As the post above yours suggests, Unity 5.4 isn't compatible with the Part Tools. Some changes were made to how Unity builds Asset Bundles which breaks the Part Tools. It's possible to create a simple script to generate the Asset Bundle, but I'm not sure if that will work correctly with KSPedia assets. It's probably best to stick with Unity 5.2 until Squad gives us new Part Tools.

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

@The White Guardian Which version of Unity are you using?

I'm using Unity 5.2.4f :/ that's the frustrating part.

But why though? That is my question. Couldn't it have just been a PNG or DDS file? This seems overcomplicated.

New PartTools for Localization have been published today here.
NB: They can be used for 1.2.2 as well. They are compiled against Unity 5.4.0p4.

2 people like this

Instructions for Localization support for KSPedia can be found here.

Posted (edited)

Is it possible to somehow edit original KSPedia entries?

Edited by Shymzo

@JPLRepo, I installed the new PartTools into a new Unity Project but there's no AssetCompiler or KSPedia tools anymore. How can I make KSPedia entries?

36 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

@JPLRepo, I installed the new PartTools into a new Unity Project but there's no AssetCompiler or KSPedia tools anymore. How can I make KSPedia entries?

Yes they are in the zip. I just checked. Did you import the unity package as a custom package and ensure they are selected?

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Yes they are in the zip. I just checked. Did you import the unity package as a custom package and ensure they are selected?

I updated Unity, and reinstalled PartTools, and now the tools show up in the editor, but the bundle isn't showing up in AssetBundles. I'm going to try to start from scratch again.

EDIT: Now my prefabs aren't even showing up in the KSPedia tool. Starting to get very very frustrated.

Edited by theonegalen

12 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

My Windows install of Unity 5.4.0p4 is not importing the assets properly. It seems like KSPAssetCompiler and KSPAssets are not loading.

I did a fresh install of Unity 5.4.0p4 on my OS X machine with the same result. No asset compiler.

Posted (edited)

@JPLRepo, I uninstalled Unity completely and reinstalled 5.4.0p4, and when I import the unity package now, not only are KSPAssetCompiler and KSPAssets not loading (although they are present in the plugins folder), I am getting NRE spam in my console whenever I open the project. And now, when I install the old PartTools to a completely new Project in this perfectly fresh install of Unity, I still get the same NRE spam, and the PartTools doesn't load. Is there something really obvious that I'm missing?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UrlDir+<get_AllConfigs>d__53.MoveNext ()
UrlDir+<GetConfigs>d__55.MoveNext ()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UrlDir+UrlConfig].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:128)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UrlDir+UrlConfig]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:65)
KSPPartTools.GameDatabase.GetConfigs (System.String typeName)
KSPPartTools.PartToolsWindow.DrawSpaces ()
KSPPartTools.PartToolsWindow.OnGUI ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

I hate to turn this thread into a PartTools support thread. Is there a better place we can do this?

Edited by theonegalen