[1.1] Navball docking alignment indicator (Community Edition)

Leeman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, parameciumkid said:

This is me prodding the thread to see if there's any news on NavBall Docking Alignment Indicator and KSP 1.2.
Is work being done? Has anyone tried to run the existing version? Does it work?

I was able to recompile the source for 1.2 without a problem. I do not know if I am allowed to distribute the dll, but making it was easy.  I just followed the mod making tutorials.

9 hours ago, SteveD80 said:

I was able to recompile the source for 1.2 without a problem. I do not know if I am allowed to distribute the dll, but making it was easy.  I just followed the mod making tutorials.

The GPL used allows anyone to modify and redistribute their modified source code and/or compiled product (source code must be included if you distribute a product), as long as you clearly label the product to distinguish it as your own version, not simply a redistribution of the original.

Edited by RoboRay

So, since there was concerns about the last recompile, I took the source and recompiled it for myself.

I didn't find the time to test it YET, but will do so on a clean install in the few hours.

If some of you want to test it now, feel free to do so:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zczsz3h5xu87ce0/NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE_Recompile_1.2.zip?dl=0

I suppose it's for 64bits ONLY since I used the 64bits references, so beware of this.

Edit: So I did a quick test with two vessel in orbit and didn't notice any problem so far!

Enjoy ! And credits to the original author!

Edited by dueb

4 hours ago, Hype365 said:

Is this mod going to be OFFICIALLY recompiled for KSP 1.2? All mods I use are done through CKAN for convenience so I would really love an official update. Thanks in advance.

I do not have the skill required to maintain this.  I wanted to use it and lucked out with it compiling to 1.2 with no changes.

16 hours ago, SteveD80 said:

I do not have the skill required to maintain this.  I wanted to use it and lucked out with it compiling to 1.2 with no changes.

Sorry, I wasn't implying that you should take it over. I was hoping that maybe @Leeman would be recompiling and updating the metadata on CKAN to show it works with KSP 1.2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2016 at 3:07 AM, dueb said:

Recompiled (again) for KSP 1.2.1.1604 x64

Edit: Well, I tested it ingame, but didn't noticed it was literally the same binary... (Download link removed. Use this one instead )

I tried, but it's a no go for me on version 1.2.1.1604 Win 64bit. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zczsz3h5xu87ce0/NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE_Recompile_1.2.zip?)

36 minutes ago, dueb said:

Do you have any log I can take a look at?

I'm using it on my 1.2.1 x64 modded install and didn't had any problem so far... :o?

Here is a link to the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rentj6q8nrkljg6/KSP - Log 14.11.16.log?dl=0
I have no problems with any of the other mods, except KIS/KAS .dll that Norton absolutely hated and put in quarantine (had to restore, and all was good). I double checked the .dll file for this mod and it was there with the rest of the files. 
- The docking port I was docking to, I had to EVA and use KAS with my engineer. Maybe this could have caused some problems?

LOL, yes I did remember to set the docking port as target (and control from docking port, after attaching it with KAS).

1 hour ago, wadena said:

LOL, yes I did remember to set the docking port as target (and control from docking port, after attaching it with KAS).

Okay, good! :D That was the first thing to check actually... xD

So, I've recreated a minimal setup of what you tried to do:

• Clean install of KSP 1.2.1 x64
  • KAS 0.6.0 / KIS 1.3.0.0 / ModuleManager 2.7.3 / NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE recompiled for 1.2
  • 2 Vessels, with one of them which have a KAS/KIS assembled docking port by an engineer

It works: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7wi5363lewddq4/screenshot0.png?dl=0

So, no:

1 hour ago, wadena said:

- The docking port I was docking to, I had to EVA and use KAS with my engineer. Maybe this could have caused some problems?

That's not the problem. There is nothing wrong with KAS/KIS assembled docking ports.

There is nothing relevant in your log file neither...

So I don't know where the problem lies, but looking at the source code (I'm not the author as I said before) tells me that the problem comes probably from a mod messing with the target states of vessels. Or if it's not, maybe something UI-related preventing the marker from showing up on the navball.

The only thing I can think of is removing one by one your mods to find the faultly mod... :wacko:

19 minutes ago, dueb said:

Okay, good! :D That was the first thing to check actually... xD

So, I've recreated a minimal setup of what you tried to do:

• Clean install of KSP 1.2.1 x64
  • KAS 0.6.0 / KIS 1.3.0.0 / ModuleManager 2.7.3 / NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE recompiled for 1.2
  • 2 Vessels, with one of them which have a KAS/KIS assembled docking port by an engineer

It works: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7wi5363lewddq4/screenshot0.png?dl=0

So, no:

That's not the problem. There is nothing wrong with KAS/KIS assembled docking ports.

There is nothing relevant in your log file neither...

So I don't know where the problem lies, but looking at the source code (I'm not the author as I said before) tells me that the problem comes probably from a mod messing with the target states of vessels. Or if it's not, maybe something UI-related preventing the marker from showing up on the navball.

The only thing I can think of is removing one by one your mods to find the faultly mod... :wacko:

I think you are right. It's some kind of UI problem. I had the same thing happen when having the problems with the missing KIS/KAS .dll files. Then the "EVA" tab went missing in my VAB until I restored the file(s). But with this NavBall mod the file is there ( NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator.dll) and everything looks good except that I don't get that little (and essential/extremely) handy red indicator on my NavBall.
- It clearly works for you, when recreating. Oh, man... I guess I just have to check all my mods one by one (there goes the night, lol).

Okay, @dueb Just wanted to let you know I fixed it, and it was in fact not the .dll file's fault per say... I had unzipped the wrong version of it (the one you updated to KSP v. 1.2.
- So all my frustration with both docking and .dll's are all on me :wink:

Have a look at what's on my NavBall: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1oyxcie6mlcfch/NvBall - TEST.jpg?dl=0

THANK YOU, for updating the file(s), and taking the time to sort this out with me!

1 hour ago, wadena said:

Okay, @dueb Just wanted to let you know I fixed it, and it was in fact not the .dll file's fault per say... I had unzipped the wrong version of it (the one you updated to KSP v. 1.2.
- So all my frustration with both docking and .dll's are all on me :wink:

Have a look at what's on my NavBall: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1oyxcie6mlcfch/NvBall - TEST.jpg?dl=0

THANK YOU, for updating the file(s), and taking the time to sort this out with me!

Oh, look at this pretty navball! It's shiny! :D

Glad you finally sorted this out! :wink: (and saved the night! xD I know what you mean here...)

Myself I can't play without this "little thingy" anymore too... I shared it because I thought some folks here would like to keep using it in 1.2.x! :wink:

Happy dockings! :P

(PS: If I said something awkward, please forgive me... English is not my native language. :wink:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.