Mod downloads and mod packs

MichaelV2.0

i was wondering if anyone could help me out.

if i have a mod witch is comprised of a few different "sets" would it be acceptable and/or reasonable to create space dock or similar mod pages for each "set" as well as one for the combined "set"?

this is partly to gauge peoples opinions and to see if the are any complications with doing this or reasons why it cannot be done?

(Speaking as a mod user only here)
Standard practices I see for part mods currently is probably grouped into two categories. Single download all-in-one style (eg. B9, KW), and multi download targeted/themed packs (Near Future, USI). Personally, I don't see the point in offering an additional combined download unless you're going to fracture it into so many pieces that the focused downloads are too numerous to be easily identified (in which case you have other issues...). A few extra clicks has never bothered me.

NOTE: I generally prefer the multi pack approach since I'm a little picky on my part mods.

Edited by Crzyrndm

Yeah, if you're already maintaining various individual packs, trying to also maintain all their possible combinations is just begging to become a frustrating chore with little extra payoff.

Especially since we have stuff like CKAN, where choosing the player's preferred combination of packs is a matter of a few mouseclicks.

1 hour ago, Crzyrndm said:

(Speaking as a mod user only here)
Standard practices I see for part mods currently is probably grouped into two categories. Single download all-in-one style (eg. B9, KW), and multi download targeted/themed packs (Near Future, USI). Personally, I don't see the point in offering an additional combined download unless you're going to fracture it into so many pieces that the focused downloads are too numerous to be easily identified (in which case you have other issues...). A few extra clicks has never bothered me.

NOTE: I generally prefer the multi pack approach since I'm a little picky on my part mods.

13 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

Yeah, if you're already maintaining various individual packs, trying to also maintain all their possible combinations is just begging to become a frustrating chore with little extra payoff.

Especially since we have stuff like CKAN, where choosing the player's preferred combination of packs is a matter of a few mouseclicks.

Thanks for your input i think i have decided on a course of action, much appreciated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.