[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

New Release, 3.1.3:

• Replaced missing sound file for optional patch to reduce launch clamp sounds
  • Wrote patch to reduce the launch clamp sounds, replacing old file which overwrote the stock squad file
  • Updated for 1.3

Hello space friends,

I've got an issue since the last update of KSP (1.3). I updated the KW rocketry mod but I still have an engine not loading, which is "KW2mengineSPSB" according to the game.

I also checked with previous version of the mod to see if the engine had simply been removed but there are the same among of folders in "Engines". 

I checked into the mod's files and I managed to find what it seems to be the missing engine files (KWrocketry>Parts>Engines>2mSPS>KW2mengineSPSB.new (among other files)).

What am I missing ? This is troublesome because a big part of my crafts won't load :/

Thank you for the mods by the way, really appreciate your work :) 

22 hours ago, earthprototype said:

Hello space friends,

I've got an issue since the last update of KSP (1.3). I updated the KW rocketry mod but I still have an engine not loading, which is "KW2mengineSPSB" according to the game.

I also checked with previous version of the mod to see if the engine had simply been removed but there are the same among of folders in "Engines". 

I checked into the mod's files and I managed to find what it seems to be the missing engine files (KWrocketry>Parts>Engines>2mSPS>KW2mengineSPSB.new (among other files)).

What am I missing ? This is troublesome because a big part of my crafts won't load :/

Thank you for the mods by the way, really appreciate your work :) 

Don't use that file, it may not be complete.

First,was the engine there in KSP 1.2.2?

Second, how did you install this, and if you did it manually, did you merge the correct folder from the Extras folder properly?

@linuxgurugamer

What was the reason for changing all interstages to separate both sides? Was it intended to fix something or serve some other goal? So far as I can tell it affects all interstages; haven't checked non-interstage decouplers but I found out about it the hard way when the 5-3.75 interstage separated not only from the upper stage but the tank below and trashed my rocket.

(interstage ejecting forwards and trashing my solar panels. On other occasions it's destroyed the engine )

1ImaxQF.jpg

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

NO idea, but it wasn't done with this release.  I'd have to look at the history to see when it was done

June of last year. Seems like they all got changed to isOmniDecoupler = true

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Don't use that file, it may not be complete.

First,was the engine there in KSP 1.2.2?

Second, how did you install this, and if you did it manually, did you merge the correct folder from the Extras folder properly?

Yes, it was in there in KSP 1.2.2

I did not installed it manualy, I did it with CKAN, and all other parts work fine.

12 hours ago, earthprototype said:

Yes, it was in there in KSP 1.2.2

I did not installed it manualy, I did it with CKAN, and all other parts work fine.

Well, it is odd that the SPS2B was available in the first place. Because as Linuxgurugamer already wrote, that's more or less a prototype part file and should not be active because it may be incomplete. That's also the reason why normally it has the file extension .new which KSP will not load.

But i had a short look into both files and they are overall the same apart from the fact that the SPSB isn't a hypergolic engine, it uses LF/O and the SPSB hasn't any contract system implemented. Apart from that, it's has the same values and uses the same models. It works, i made a short test.

You can activate it by change the file extension from .new to .cfg and you simply will end up with two parts in your list which looks the same, have the same values and only differ slightly by their name, description and the kind of fuel they burn.

Maybe this helps to solve your problem.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Acula said:

Well, it is odd that the SPS2B was available in the first place. Because as Linuxgurugamer already wrote, that's more or less a prototype part file and should not be active because it may be incomplete. That's also the reason why normally it has the file extension .new which KSP will not load.

But i had a short look into both files and they are overall the same apart from the fact that the SPSB isn't a hypergolic engine, it uses LF/O and the SPSB hasn't any contract system implemented. Apart from that, it's has the same values and uses the same models. It works, i made a short test.

You can activate it by change the file extension from .new to .cfg and you simply will end up with two parts in your list which looks the same, have the same values and only differ slightly by their name, description and the kind of fuel they burn.

Oh, I see it now.  This is a part made by a MM patch, the file with .new is a leftover from some work I was doing.

It duplicates the KW2mengineSPS part, but changes the fuel from mono to rocket fuel.

You can find the correct file here:  KWRocketry/KWCommunityFixes/KWPatch-Community-Parts.cfg

Just now, Dr. Acula said:

Yep, that worked ! Got the engine loading again, I didn't notice the extension was different from others parts.

Thanks Dr. Acula and Linuxgurugamer for your help !

@linuxgurugamer

I went about removing the omni setting from the interstages and it seems to me that the change must have been made because those decouplers have two upwards facing nodes and omni makes it decouple every single attach node it has. Someone must have wanted both of the upwards facing ones decoupled. Unfortunately that also means the bottom facing one as well.

A better solution would be adding a separate ModuleDecouple for the other node. I made a little patch to fix it for myself which fixes things so the interstage stays attached to the part beneath it while decoupling both upwards facing nodes. This seems to be working satisfactorily and should give you an idea of what parts and what changes they would each need:

@PART[KW5mDecouplerShroud|KW5x3AdapterShroud|KW1mDecouplerShroud|KW2mDecouplerShroud|KW3mDecouplerShroud]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
	{
		%explosiveNodeID = top
		%isOmniDecoupler = false
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDecouple
		ejectionForce = 1500
		explosiveNodeID = bottom2
	}
}

10 hours ago, Starwaster said:

@linuxgurugamer

I went about removing the omni setting from the interstages and it seems to me that the change must have been made because those decouplers have two upwards facing nodes and omni makes it decouple every single attach node it has. Someone must have wanted both of the upwards facing ones decoupled. Unfortunately that also means the bottom facing one as well.

A better solution would be adding a separate ModuleDecouple for the other node. I made a little patch to fix it for myself which fixes things so the interstage stays attached to the part beneath it while decoupling both upwards facing nodes. This seems to be working satisfactorily and should give you an idea of what parts and what changes they would each need:

@PART[KW5mDecouplerShroud|KW5x3AdapterShroud|KW1mDecouplerShroud|KW2mDecouplerShroud|KW3mDecouplerShroud]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
	{
		%explosiveNodeID = top
		%isOmniDecoupler = false
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDecouple
		ejectionForce = 1500
		explosiveNodeID = bottom2
	}
}

Thanks.  I'll add this as a patch for now, and incorporate it into the individual parts for the next major release in a few weeks.

11 hours ago, earthprototype said:

Yep, that worked ! Got the engine loading again, I didn't notice the extension was different from others parts.

Thanks Dr. Acula and Linuxgurugamer for your help !

I've deleted those files from the mod, they didn't belong there

==========

New release, 3.1.4:

• Added interstage fix by Starwaster
  • Deleted unnecessary files
Edited by linuxgurugamer

Been trying to install 3.1.4 since it hit CKAN, and I keep getting an error when attempting to install. "BUNCHOFTEXT ...is already absolute". Still trying to get it up and going, but wondered if you had any idea what this meant?

2 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Been trying to install 3.1.4 since it hit CKAN, and I keep getting an error when attempting to install. "BUNCHOFTEXT ...is already absolute". Still trying to get it up and going, but wondered if you had any idea what this meant?

So, I see I am not the only one. To piggy back off this, the power response configs installed just fine

I got it to work, but had to do, in essence, a manual uninstall. I deleted the KW folder from Gamedata, then reloaded CKAN. It still showed KW as installed, but this time when I 'updated' them, it took just fine. Not sure what the root cause it, but I did find that workaround, so if that helps the rest of you, that would be a good thing. :)

15 hours ago, Shadriss said:

I got it to work, but had to do, in essence, a manual uninstall. I deleted the KW folder from Gamedata, then reloaded CKAN. It still showed KW as installed, but this time when I 'updated' them, it took just fine. Not sure what the root cause it, but I did find that workaround, so if that helps the rest of you, that would be a good thing. :)

Ayyyeee it worked. Which is great, if not just because I was so tired of seeing the "add available updates" button lit up :mad:

Edited by ItsSeanBroleson

• 2 weeks later...

Would you provide patches to include FARControllableSurface into the following parts?

• KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/KWFin/KWFin/KWFin
  • KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/KWFinGC/KWFinGC/KWFinGC

I would much appreciate that.

Reason:

Edited by Gordon Dry

5 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Would you provide patches to include FARControllableSurface into the following parts?

• KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/KWFin/KWFin/KWFin
  • KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/KWFinGC/KWFinGC/KWFinGC

I would much appreciate that.

Reason:

If someone got me a patch, I'll include it

Quick question: I've been using the kwstrutConnectors, both heavy and medium, and whenever I use them, they are rubbery and act like rubber bands, flinging the SRB's they are mounted to back and forth.

Is it just bad design and I'm going past the maximum length, or is not working right?

In the previous build for 1.2.x, I never had the issue, but with the fresh install, it's been nothing but an issue.

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nothing significant changed, can you post a video?

Also, are you using autostrutting?

Not using autostrutting. Didn't know such a creature existed. While I'm taking care of the video, I did notice in the .cfg that the tag descriptor was missing the ] and ) from it. (On both.)

I'm out of date on KSP code, so I don't know if that's an issue or not, but I did put them in, and it didn't make a difference, so I guess it doesn't matter.

tags = [kwrock bind connect join line moar (more pin rigid shake strength strong stru support tie wobble