[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

23 minutes ago, ksplover said:

For some reason the 5 meter fuel tanks are there but none of the 5 meter engines:P

Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, just that info is nowhere near enough to figure out why it's happening.  Please read the "how to get support" link in my signature which will point you toward debugging steps and when information you need to provide so that others might help diagnose your problem.

28 minutes ago, ksplover said:

For some reason the 5 meter fuel tanks are there but none of the 5 meter engines:P

This is an install issue.

Please read the Dummies document, it guides you through the steps 

Then, detail exactly where you got the file, and what you did to install it.

Since this is going to be overhauled anyways this might be obsolete, but:

I don't quite understand why it uses module manager to patch like 3 parts on the one hand and on the other it overwirtes the squad config for the launchclamp on a hard basis.

13 hours ago, maculator said:

I don't quite understand why it uses module manager to patch like 3 parts on the one hand and on the other it overwirtes the squad config for the launchclamp on a hard basis.

That's an ancient cfg file, probably untouched since the eponymous KW (Kyle and Winston) were still around -- it probably even predates ModuleManager which is why it's an overwrite instead of a patch. 

On 5/13/2017 at 2:57 AM, maculator said:

Since this is going to be overhauled anyways this might be obsolete, but:

Not sure what you are referring to.

Only patch in it now which aren't for specific mods are:

KWCommunityFixes/KWPatch-Community-Parts.cfg, which actually is creating  2 new parts

Where do you see it overwriting the squad config for the launchclamp?

On 5/9/2017 at 8:41 AM, maculator said:

Even I had verry competent help I failed to make the textures switchable, it just refuses to work...

So I made them all black because of personal preferences. If someone wants to mess arround with the fairing colors too here are the patches that will do that for you:

Hide contents

//KW_Fairings_ALL_black
@PART[KW*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]{
	@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]{
		%TextureURL = KWRocketry/Parts/FairingBases/KWFairingBase/fairings_diff_KWBlack
	}
}

//KW_Fairings_ALL_white
		%TextureURL = KWRocketry/Parts/FairingBases/KWFairingBase/fairings_diff_KWWhite
	}
}

//KW_Fairings_ALL_stock
		%TextureURL = Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairings_diff
	}
}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

//ALL_Fairings_black
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]{
		%TextureURL = KWRocketry/Parts/FairingBases/KWFairingBase/fairings_diff_KWBlack
	}
}

//ALL_Fairings_white
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]{
		%TextureURL = KWRocketry/Parts/FairingBases/KWFairingBase/fairings_diff_KWWhite
	}
}

first 3 patches alter KW fairings to be either(!) all black/white/stock, so you can choose 1. And the last two patches just make all(!) fairings black or white.

If someone can make a use of it at least my work wasn't waste of time at all.

If it's ok with you, I'll add these to the Extras folder as individual patches

I was refering to the  optional launchclamp sounds. If you use that option you copy/overwrite directly into squad folder.

And for the fairings, sure, go ahead.

edit

It directly overwirtes launchClamp1.cfg to be precise.

Edited by maculator

1 hour ago, maculator said:

I was refering to the  optional launchclamp sounds. If you use that option you copy/overwrite directly into squad folder.

And for the fairings, sure, go ahead.

edit

It directly overwirtes launchClamp1.cfg to be precise.

Oh, I see.

Ok.  I'm going to rewrite that to be a MM patch instead of overwriting it, thanks for pointing it out.

I've never used this, but as I'm working on a patch (seems to be 2 lines which need to be changed), I'm trying to see how it works.

Does it even work, or are the launch clamps just totally silent when this patch is there?

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've never used this, but as I'm working on a patch (seems to be 2 lines which need to be changed), I'm trying to see how it works.

Does it even work, or are the launch clamps just totally silent when this patch is there?

On my install, the clamps are just quieter, which makes me happy (my daughter too)

11 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

On my install, the clamps are just quieter, which makes me happy (my daughter too)

That's very strange, because it references something called sound_decoupler_fire_quietkw, but I can't find any reference to that anywhere else. 

I'll have to do some digging

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's very strange, because it references something called sound_decoupler_fire_quietkw, but I can't find any reference to that anywhere else. 

I'll have to do some digging

That is strange indeed,if I can get a some time tonight to look at that install, I'll see about playing around with that patch

1 hour ago, smotheredrun said:

That is strange indeed,if I can get a some time tonight to look at that install, I'll see about playing around with that patch

you are hearing the staging sounds, the patch is actually removing the launch clamp release sound (just tested it).  It looks like the sound file got lost sometime in the distant past, I'm looking for it now

I found the old file.  So I'm going to redo this as a MM patch and release it soon.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

The change for the sounds is minor, I'm not going to do a release for it unless requested.

I'm going to be rewriting the files which control the graduated engine response vs instant response into MM files.  This will improve the installation experience, and hopefully reduce issues.

Also, the tanks are going to be revamped, masses and volumes are being updated.

All this means that I'm going to essentially fork the current version, since the change have the potential of breaking existing games.

I don't have an ETA yet, but the work is in progress

Struts (Squad, Middle, Heavy) before

Spoiler

struts.png

and after

Spoiler

//	-----------------------------------------------------------
//	Squad\Parts\CompoundParts\strutConnector\strutConnector.cfg
//	-----------------------------------------------------------

@PART[strutConnectorMedium]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/strutConnector/model
		scale = 1.25, 1.25, 1.25
	}
	@scale = 0.08	//	0.1

@manufacturer = Kerlington Model Rockets and Paper Products Inc	//	Kerlington Model Rockets and Paper Products Inc.
	heatConductivity = 20
	skinMassPerArea = 20
	fuelCrossFeed = False
	PhysicsSignificance = 1
	bulkheadProfiles = srf
}

@PART[strutConnectorHeavy]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/strutConnector/model
		scale = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6
	}
	@scale = 0.0625	//	0.1

@manufacturer = Kerlington Model Rockets and Paper Products Inc	//	Kerlington Model Rockets and Paper Products Inc.
	heatConductivity = 20
	skinMassPerArea = 20
	fuelCrossFeed = False
	PhysicsSignificance = 1
	bulkheadProfiles = srf
}

Squads "EAS-4 Strut Connector.dds" and KWRocketrys "model000.mbm" are the same. Both model.mu differ.

On loading, after the MM patches, I got a couple of these on KW parts:

PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format
  at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

and

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part+<Start>c__Iterator38.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full log (loaded into main menu):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrhuhkoqoady7cw/2017-05-23-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

7 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

and

This looks like the same issue you posted in the FAR thread.  RP-0 is changing the cost to a non-integer.  Nothing to do with KW specifically.

55 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format
  at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

and

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part+<Start>c__Iterator38.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Given how many mods you install, you really need to try to identify where the problem really is.

In this case, it's an RP-0 problem, which you seem to be asking everyone else except the RP-0 people to fix.

To prove this, just install KW by itself in a plain install, and see if you get any errors.

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

This looks like the same issue you posted in the FAR thread.

Yes, but I did what you suggested. <- I mean @Phineas Freak:

1 hour ago, maculator said:

about something thats not working

The most stuff is "working" but I just submit all exceptions.

What's actually going on my nerves for real is something like

Edited by Gordon Dry

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Yes, but I did what you suggested. <- I mean @Phineas Freak:

That looks like a separate issue.  RP-0 sets the cost incorrectly for that part and a few others, nothing to do with Tweakscale.  Be aware when working with a modded install that there may be many layered issues.

7 hours ago, maculator said:

Seriously this is offtoppic but in nearly any thread I look there is you posting about something thats not working.

Noticed the same here

6 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

The most stuff is "working" but I just submit all exceptions.

I used to obsess over NREs as well but really if there isn't an actual issue that you're coming across I've learned to just ignore them. Once I determine something is actually wrong with a mod then I dig down to see if any of the NREs offer a clue before starting to take mods out and find the specific culprit(s) then take that info to the mod authors

34 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

I used to obsess over NREs as well but really if there isn't an actual issue that you're coming across I've learned to just ignore them. Once I determine something is actually wrong with a mod then I dig down to see if any of the NREs offer a clue before starting to take mods out and find the specific culprit(s) then take that info to the mod authors

Some of the reported errors did result in actual problems, to be fair.

The problem is in taking those errors into multiple unrelated forums and complaining when there are still issues after a recommended troubleshooting step intended for ONE of those issues doesn't fix the others as well. (case in point: recent Real Fuels postings where a step intended to deal with the Real Fuels issue didn't correct the other errors which weren't even related to RF - a step not even followed properly after the person did his own thing)

Edited by Starwaster