[1.10.x] SDHI Strobe-O-Matic Warning Rotator Lights (V1.0.1 / 29 August 2018)

sumghai

FYqRBWH.png
AOcAUgy.png
UftfRLs.png E67PCdO.png n6TbZCw.png
gtuMN71.png d3elnWN.png okk1pA1.png

Small surface-mounted or stack-attached rotating warning lights in various colors. 100% Plugin Free.

Download (V1.0.1 / 29 August 2018)

How To Install

1. Remove any previous version of the SDHI Strobe-O-Matic add-on

2. Download from one of the sources above

3. Extract the .ZIP archive and copy the GameData folder provided into your KSP root directory

The parts should then be located under the SDHI/Strobe-O-Matic folder

Usage

- Lights can be surface-mounted to any surface

- Switch the lights on and off by using the part's right-click context menu in the flight scene, or toggling the Lights Action Group

Uninstallation Instructions

Remove the SDHI folder and all its contents from the GameData folder.

If you have other SDHI part packs you wish to keep, just remove the Strobe-O-Matic subfolder.

Need Help?

Please read the FAQ at the bottom of this post first, as it addresses common issues and their solutions/explanations.

If your issue isn't covered by the FAQ, post your bug reports and support requests in this thread, providing as much information as possible (error logs, screenshots etc.). Optionally, you may also submit a ticket on GitHub.

Licence

88x31.png

This parts pack is licenced under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0), which in layman's terms means:

- You are permitted to use, copy, redistribute my work as-is

- You may remix your own derivatives (new models, alternative textures), and release them under your own name

- You must credit Robin "sumghai" Chang (author, Sum Dum Heavy Industries Strobe-O-Matic Warning Rotator Lights) when publishing your derivatives in the download and forum posts

Release Notes

1.0.1 - 29 August 2018
---------------------------

Changes / Fixes:
 - Compatibility Patch for KSP 1.4.5
 - Reoriented strobe base model so that decorative label faces the right way in the VAB/SPH Parts List thumbnails
 - Localization support added
     - en-us included by default

1.0 - 23 April 2016

Features:
 - Five standard industrial warning colors (amber, blue, green, red and white)
 - Surface or stack-attachable
 - Low ElectricCharge consumption (36 EC/hour) and automatic shut-off on depletion
 - Toggleable via Action Groups
 - No plugins required; only uses stock PartModules for looped animations and resource consumption

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Spoiler

Q: Do you have plans to make any other warning lights, klaxons, light bars etc?

A: No, not really - this was a fun little proof-of-concept mod to show that you don't always need plugins for cool animated light behaviours

Q: I'm having trouble with a version of this add-on from a third-party "mod pack" or from a non-official download location - could you help me?

A: No support is provided for unofficially-distributed or "bootleg" versions of this add-on.

Q: Why isn't this indexed on CKAN / KSP-AVC?

A: Maintaining metadata for third-party mod version trackers and waiting weeks for approval is too much of a hassle.

Acknowledgements

- @taniwha and @RoverDude for helping me get ModuleAnimationGroup and ModuleResourceConverter (mostly) working for the initial prototype

- @nli2work for getting ModuleLight to work with looped animations in the second prototype

A small way to say thx for create this mod:

Combine this Mod with Eve plus Scatterer & your eye it explode on joy of color :cool:, for who have power full rig do similar thing & activate from Scatterer: Ocean Lights compatibillity, try first 128 if is to much lower to 64 ... 264 value if you belive you are stronk :wink:

ignore scrolling thx it was there for testing reason like marker :)

thx agen & sory for hicup

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, smokytehbear said:

Hey just wanted to make a friendly note that this is still showing 1.2.1 on CKAN. Would love to give this a whirl. Gotta love lights.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll update the CKAN listing over the next few days.

• 1 year later...

V1.0.1 released - see first post for download link

1.0.1 - 29 August 2018

Changes / Fixes:
 - Compatibility Patch for KSP 1.4.5
 - Reoriented strobe base model so that decorative label faces the right way in the VAB/SPH Parts List thumbnails
 - Localization support added
     - en-us included by default

A couple of things I'd like to mention:

• From now on, none of my mods will officially support CKAN indexing. I wish the CKAN team well, but I found upkeep of the metadata to be far too much of a chore. I also do not plan to ever host my mods on SpaceDock, so I obviously cannot make use of its associated metadata versioning system to automate the indexing process.
  • I'm definitely keen on supporting more languages in my mods, so if you meet the following requirements, please send me a PM:
    • Native or very strong fluency in both English and whatever language(s) you wish to translate for
    • A real-life professional background in engineering or technical writing - please send me a link to your LinkedIn profile (Most of the part descriptions need to use technical rather than conversational language)
    • Able to translate jokes and tongue-in-cheek portions of part descriptions to fit the culture of the translated language (Some jokes work better in English than other languages, and vice-versa)

Edited by sumghai
Snip out redundant wording

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2018 at 4:56 PM, Kevin Kyle said:

Very cool, looking forward to an update or will this work in 1.5.1 as is?

On 10/31/2018 at 5:24 PM, JH4C said:

There's no plugins to recompile, it's just parts; as such, it should work just fine...

It does work fine, I've tried it. ;) 

Yes, this mod works just fine in 1.5.x without any changes since 1.4.5. But for the sake of clarity, I've updated the thread title so that I don't need to publish a new null-change release for the sake of incrementing version numbers.

6 hours ago, Kevin Kyle said:

BTW, if you put these on the launch clamps, put a battery on there too. They will keep working even after you launch.

Or install Almost Free Launch Clamps, and you won't even need to fit batteries; the clamps are given built-in generators, you just have to remember to turn them on.

(It's all managed by MM patches, so it's working fine in 1.5.x)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2019 at 11:43 AM, Beetlecat said:

Let's hear it for 1.7.2~ :S

Honestly, though -- I completely missed these, and will look forward to taking them out for a spin ASAP.

"taking them out for a spin ASAP." Good one!
The best thing about mods using only stock modules is that they don't get mucked up by most updates.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.