Modding Help

jmbon

Hello, 

I am new to modding KSP and I am having some difficulty that maybe the community could help me with. I am trying to get the surface area of the vehicle but to do that, I either need the activevessel radius (in cases of simple rockets) or a List<Part> parts that contains the current parts attached to the vehicle that I could then use to make an educated guess as to the vessels radius (for more complex ships as 3 Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tanks are likely to be side by side, etc.). Right now, I am assuming rockets can be approximated by cylinders as getting the true shape of the vessel would be a nightmare. The problem is that when looking through the API calls, I don't see anything references to vessel radius and when I call;

public List<Part> parts_ = new List<Part>();
parts_ = FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.GetActiveParts();
Debug.Log("\n\nVessel parts are: " + craft.parts + "\n\n");

Visual Studio errors on: 

Error    11    The type 'UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.    c:\users\joshua\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\KSP_Wind\KSP_Wind\Class1.cs    92    27    KSP_Wind

I am not using any GUI options and my includes are:

using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using KSP;

I know that the error is coming from <Part> because when I change it to 

public List<String> parts_ = new List<String>();

I no longer get that error. (I know I'll get another because String is incompatible with FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.GetActiveParts();).

I am unsure how to correct this issue nor am I even sure that I am on the correct track on how to either get the vessel radius or the list of currently attached parts. 

I greatly appreciate any help you can give. Thanks. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.