Expanding R&D Features

I've been playing KSP on and off for two years and I've finally become a very proficient builder, pilot, and planner.  But I feel like the Research and Development building should have more function in all game modes.  What I'm trying to say is that the function of the building needs some new features that could help you with certain missions.

My first suggestion would be Delta-V maps of the Kerbol System to assist in any missions in the far reaches of space.  I'm always somewhat confused, unsure, and worried when I launch a craft, but I think adding something like this would help newer players, and more experienced ones, have a convenient source of numbers.  It would also be nice to see a Delta-V calculator as well here.

My second suggestion is adding a "Test Mission" function that could be used for a certain sum of money when playing without reverts.  Basically, you'd plug in some stats about where you want to go, what you're using to get there, and what you plan to do there.  So maybe I want to orbit Duna with the Patriot 3 rocket.  Then I could run a test flight and see any flaws or issues with the craft.

That's about it for that, and any support or new suggestions as well would be appreciated!  Let's make R&D more useful for goodness sake.

Edited by *Asterix*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.