Contract won't complete

I've not played in contract mode since I completed the tech tree back in 0.90 and there is a contract that I can't complete and unfortunately for me it the first I'm doing.

The contract is to "Haul RT-10 Hammer Soild Fuel Booster into flight above Kerbin." with specification as to the altitude and velocity. However when I fly the Hammer up over the minimum altitude, although all the objectives are green ticked, when I drop back below the minimum altitude again, that tick is removed and I have no idea how to satisfy this contract.

I'm guessing that there is some small detail that I've missed, so any help would be much appreciated.

The velocity for contracts - if within the atmosphere - is surface velocity. However, the NavBall will automatically switch to orbital velocity in the upper atmosphere.

So if you have the altitude right, but can't get the speed right, it's probably because the NavBall is giving you the wrong figure.

If it isn't that, a screenshot of you in flight with the contract objectives visible would help.

The speed is fine, the tick box for that as well as the other objectives is green.

Here's a couple of pics to show what's happening.

On the way up all objectives have green tick for having been met.

m69kCLS.png

But on the way down after passing through the minimum altitude the speed having picked up to exceed the maximum, the ticks for these two objectives are removed.

RMFNBbs.png

It's acting as if it's a contract to test a part through staging or right click menu, but has that objective missing from the list.

BTW... thanks for taking a look at this.

That isn't a Hammer :D

The Hammer is the smaller SRB, midway between the BACC (the one you have here) and the Flea.

btw, this is something you could check on the launchpad - if "have X" isn't checked off, you need to go back to the VAB.

Yep... playing for over two years, completed career mode in 0..90, won some challenges etc.. palm firmly planted on face :blush:

Arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

So yep I was right " some small detail that I've missed"... ahem.

Thanks.

Edited by purpleivan

Just now, purpleivan said:

Yep... playing for over two years, completed career mode in 0..90, won some challenges etc.. palm firmly planted on face :blush:

Arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

So yep I was right " some small detail that I've missed"... ahem.

Thanks.

Yeah I just noticed your extremely high rep per post ratio.

Proof that it *does* happen to the best of us :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.