Flight Stock UI manipulation

theJesuit

Hi all,

This is a (re)request for a mod to move the staging icons to the top of the screen, and the stock toolbar to be returned to its original orientation.  My ideal location would be between the timer and the altimeter.

The purpose is to have all information for flight at the top and bottom of the screen including any text, ideally within a 180px range on a 1080 height screen. This would keeping the centre of the screen free for 720px cinematic recording.

The navball is also too large but other mods deal with this (unless this mod creator wanted to look into this as well!)

I have requested this before, but it was suggested that you wonderful modders would want to wait till 1.1 dropped with the changes in Unity 5.

Is this even possible!  Thanks in advance!

Peace.

Hey @theJesuit

Is this so you can record part of the screen without UI, while still viewing the UI?

because at the moment you can just press F2 to turn the UI off.

A good mod might be to have the different UI elements separated out as Widgets that can be moved around the screen, or even put on a second monitor.

There is another mod too, called Telemachus, that send flight data over the web (i think) so that it can be viewed in a sperate window/monitor while you play. It is not updated for 1.1 yet , as far as I am aware anyway.

1 hour ago, spacetackle said:

Hey @theJesuit

Is this so you can record part of the screen without UI, while still viewing the UI?

because at the moment you can just press F2 to turn the UI off.

A good mod might be to have the different UI elements separated out as Widgets that can be moved around the screen, or even put on a second monitor.

There is another mod too, called Telemachus, that send flight data over the web (i think) so that it can be viewed in a sperate window/monitor while you play. It is not updated for 1.1 yet , as far as I am aware anyway.

This is exactly right. I'd like to either record a 720 by 1920 image or make the editing easier in post production by simply knocking out the top and bottom.  I 'could' do the same in 720 by 1680 and take off 120px from left and right, but i think this would look more epic during gameplay as well...  If I could tell F2 or another button to just disappear the staging and toolbar that would work too, leaving the rest of the UI present.

And to record those tricky landings first time it is easier to have the UI up with KER HUDs all over the place.

UI elements as widgets would be good, if the staging could be shrunk in size.

I did look at Telemachus but wasn't quiet so keen.  I'd also need to invest in a second monitor.  My phone is too small to be of use, and I'd worry about lag.

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.