Launch Pad Crash - KSP Runtime Error - Pure Virtual Function Call

I'm running a fairly modded version of KSP 1.1. All mods are the respective latest KSP 1.1 compatible versions. What works ok:

- VAB/SPH (I can load, modify, create new ships, see all modded components that were added, all mod functionality is nominal...)
 - Tracking Station (I can see all ships ok, new planets from ESO are good, I can go to and fly all ships, new KSP functionality is nominal...)
 - I can access all buildings at the KSC without any issues
 - I can load any saved files ok

This is the problem I am encountering. Once I load a ship to go to the launch pad, the initial loading screen is as its always been. But once the ship gets loaded onto the launch pad at KSC, the screen goes dark and I only have very limited functionality. The game then proceeds to hard crash to desktop if I try to do anything from returning to launch, to VAB or to KSC. 

Screenshot of the issue:
http://imgur.com/Z0usdh2
http://imgur.com/vW7ygH1

Here is the complete list of mods I was running (minus TAC Life Support for 1.1, Axial Aerospace and FASA. Those were NOT there when the issue occurred):

http://imgur.com/b6RC884
http://imgur.com/w558a3S

The game is launching from its 64 bit version, so I know that is not the issue. I'm using Windows 10 64bit OS.

The really weird thing that I did notice when trying to debunk this is that the ship seems to get instawarped into a solar orbit into deep space or something weird like that. I was able to (somehow) recover one ship and I got science for having retrieved a ship from solar orbit, or something like that... Here's the screenshot for it (this happens when I reload the game and try to launch another ship, at which point I have to clear the launch pad, and it gives me this):

http://imgur.com/CyWSTe3

Really unsure what is causing this but, as you can imagine, this is a pretty bad issue. I cant launch anything at the moment. I can only play with what has already been launched. 

Thanks for any help! I really need it!

CM

Edited by Calvin_Maclure
Added info

I experienced that today for the first time. I was just switching through all of my satellites and probes and then decided to test a new launch vehicle but then the game crashed... Resarting rhe game or loading a different save file didn`t help. I though managed to launch a Command Pod just with a solid fuel booster attached :).

I am playing with dozens of mods but they were all working fine until today. I think it might me caused by Kopernicus as the bug occoured for the first time after i installed it. 

9 hours ago, AquilaLP said:

I experienced that today for the first time. I was just switching through all of my satellites and probes and then decided to test a new launch vehicle but then the game crashed... Resarting rhe game or loading a different save file didn`t help. I though managed to launch a Command Pod just with a solid fuel booster attached :).

I am playing with dozens of mods but they were all working fine until today. I think it might me caused by Kopernicus as the bug occoured for the first time after i installed it. 

Hmm... Kopernicus did update to a 1.0.3. I havemt acutally tried launching again since the latest K update... 

CM

5 hours ago, SpaceFox25 said:

I had this same problem but figured out that it must've been PlanetShine mod. After I removed that and EngineLighting, it worked perfectly. :)

Just to be sure, was your issue the game crashing as your were trying to load/launch a ship from the launch pad?? And removing PlanetShine allowed the game to work? i.e.: you were able succesfully launch?

Cheers, and thanks for this!

CM

30 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Just to be sure, was your issue the game crashing as your were trying to load/launch a ship from the launch pad?? And removing PlanetShine allowed the game to work? i.e.: you were able succesfully launch?

Cheers, and thanks for this!

CM

Yep, I had the same exact problem when I launched a ship. I just removed PlanetShine and it started working for me again as normal.

Huh, I'm getting this as well, unfortunately the crash doesn't create an error report either, but is usually when launching a ship (VAB->launchpad), the resultant ksp.log makes... no sense at all, saying the vessel was instantly shot past the sun with numerous NaN errors

Will also test sans PS

7 hours ago, NoMrBond said:

Huh, I'm getting this as well, unfortunately the crash doesn't create an error report either, but is usually when launching a ship (VAB->launchpad), the resultant ksp.log makes... no sense at all, saying the vessel was instantly shot past the sun with numerous NaN errors

Will also test sans PS

This is exactly what I get as well. Man, what a relief to finally find other people who are having the same issue! 

Defenitely gonna try removing PlanetShine to see if I can also get it to work.

CM

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

So I removed PlanetShine, and when I tried to launch, I got this:

http://imgur.com/Vz1XdZ9

If I hit ''M'', I get this:

http://imgur.com/2zYGpvZ

I can rotate and all but... yeah...
:( 

CM

That doesn't look like the stock ocean. Do you have Scatterer by any chance? That never worked for me because it was too glitchy. I would remove all visual mods for now. (Environmental Visual Enhancements, Scatterer, etc.)

47 minutes ago, SpaceFox25 said:

That doesn't look like the stock ocean. Do you have Scatterer by any chance? That never worked for me because it was too glitchy. I would remove all visual mods for now. (Environmental Visual Enhancements, Scatterer, etc.)

Well, I had this problem prior to installing Scatterer. So I doubt that its the issue. But, I suppose its worth trying without ANY visual mods.

CM

4 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

So, I uninstalled the following mods:

- EVE
- SVE
- PlanetShine
- Distant Object Rendering
- Real Plume
- Real Plume Stock
- Smoke Screen
- Scatterer

and still crashed... so, visual mods are not to blame. 

CM

Okay, it started happening to me again. :( Can you do me a favor and remove the mod, "EVA handrails Continued"? Let me know how it runs.

Similarly, I removed PlanetShine, and now instead of PVFC error crash with no log, it just normally crashes (but it does produce an error log/output) when I send a ship to the launchpad

The end of the error log seems similar to the ksp.log from before though, with it ending by saying vessel on the launchpad is instantly passing by the sun with screeds of e = pi and/or value = NaN

Time for a full strip-back I guess

Edited by NoMrBond

14 minutes ago, NoMrBond said:

Similarly, I removed PlanetShine, and now instead of PVFC error crash with no log, it just normally crashes (but it does produce an error log/output) when I send a ship to the launchpad

The end of the error log seems similar to the ksp.log from before though, with it ending by saying vessel on the launchpad is instantly passing by the sun with screeds of e = pi and/or value = NaN

Time for a full strip-back I guess

Me too, do you also have the mod, "EVA Handrails Continued?" Let me know what mods you do have.

1 hour ago, SpaceFox25 said:

Me too, do you also have the mod, "EVA Handrails Continued?" Let me know what mods you do have.

Nope, I do have the following,

• USI MKS/OKS
  • AIES
  • Atomic Age
  • B9 PWings
  • EVE
  • Chatterer
  • Distant Object Enhancement
  • DMagic Orbital Science
  • Editor Extensions
  • Ferram Aerospace
  • KAS/KIS
  • Kerbal Engineer Redux
  • Science Sampler
  • KOSMOS URM+SSPP
  • Near Future (Construction/Electrical/Propulsion/Solar/Spacecraft)
  • Final Frontier
  • PlanetShine
  • Procedural Fairings
  • Procedural Parts
  • Realplume + Stock configs w/Smokescreen
  • Taurus HCV
  • Scatterer
  • Texture Replacer w/Raredens 8K skybox
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock
  • Tweakscale
  • Universal Storage

So going back through what I remember updating, I had just updated FAR 15.6.3 from 15.6.2 so I tried dropping this out and no crashes thus far.

I'm not sure what's interacting with FAR under 1.1.2 but it certainly doesn't like it

30 minutes ago, SpaceFox25 said:

This is very strange. It was only the "EVA Handrails Continued" mod that affected my game. I have no idea why. :( My only guess is that it didn't play well with KIS/KAS.

So when you removed that mod (handrails continued), the crashing stopped?

CM

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

So when you removed that mod (handrails continued), the crashing stopped?

CM

Yep, completely. I tried crashing the game as much as possible, (launching from VAB, from Space Center, pressing 'M' key) Now it works normally.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.