Unable to download from KSP site store - Site under maintenance for Migration?

LordZowy

1 minute ago, LordFerret said:

That's the message that pops up when the server is overloaded... they're experiencing heavy traffic ('high winds').

I recall when the page would just be blank or give you a time out error. They should change the message. I'll wait patiently for my opportunity to come... My career mode has been on hold for a while anyway as I had gotten myself into a bit of a grind and had over a year to wait for Duna to come round again before I could launch my next phase. I figured I'd start over in 1.1 but with the issues that came out of it I decided to hold off. But NOW I WANT MY KSP!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kasper, 

Nope still not working. I think I've been patient enough. There is something up. I've never had this issue before. Can't even download the old version... 

I'm accessing the site from Canada, from Order ID: 298207. Could there be something else going on here?

Edited by LordZowy

• 5 months later...

I personally opened a support case with Squad on this issue. They indicated to me that it was a problem with their relay to my country... I'm a very technical person and didn't buy the response. I've been updating my stand alone download by copying out of Steam. 

I had bought two copies of the game because I wanted to show my support for the project in the early days. I transferred 1 to steam at around the time they offered that. I left the original purchase with Squad. 

After about release 1.0 I was unable to download any more from Squads site. 

This bothers me because I have a purchase that technical, I'm unable to access. I don't want a refund as I feel that would be inappropriate given my statement above. 

What I would like to see happen is the issue be corrected. Noting that I'm now not the only one having this problem and dosen't seem linked to the Steam transfer, as indicated by @Sezess

I have tried this again and again at each release and have encountered the same problems. Normal fixes, like alternative browsers, clearing cache etc didn't change my response from the server. I've tried from other systems. I've since rebuilt my own system and tried again. Nothing has worked. This is a problem on Squads end and it needs to be correct. 

1 hour ago, LordZowy said:

I personally opened a support case with Squad on this issue. They indicated to me that it was a problem with their relay to my country... I'm a very technical person and didn't buy the response. I've been updating my stand alone download by copying out of Steam. 

I had bought two copies of the game because I wanted to show my support for the project in the early days. I transferred 1 to steam at around the time they offered that. I left the original purchase with Squad. 

After about release 1.0 I was unable to download any more from Squads site. 

This bothers me because I have a purchase that technical, I'm unable to access. I don't want a refund as I feel that would be inappropriate given my statement above. 

What I would like to see happen is the issue be corrected. Noting that I'm now not the only one having this problem and dosen't seem linked to the Steam transfer, as indicated by @Sezess

I have tried this again and again at each release and have encountered the same problems. Normal fixes, like alternative browsers, clearing cache etc didn't change my response from the server. I've tried from other systems. I've since rebuilt my own system and tried again. Nothing has worked. This is a problem on Squads end and it needs to be correct. 

I'm sorry to hear this, but at least you can still play it.

@sal_vager Thanks for the help, it seems to be working now. Probably just a server glitch for my area.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.