Im sorry, but over this we must get.......

maceemiller

Hi all. Since 1.1 and now 1.1.1 has been released if Im honest, the forum has been quite difficult reading. This isnt right, that isnt right and so on. This isnt a rant, nor is it a moan at anyone or anything in particular but please, can we, as a community of KSP gamers just get on with the "problems" were ALL facing ATM?

Today, using 1.1.1 I had nearly 5 hours without a CTD but then it all went wrong for the next 30 minutes......nothing worked, then it all came back after a laptop restart. I nearly Googled an answer or an explanation but really, whats the point? @SQUAD know whats going on and TBH I feel for them right now......they must be under insane amounts of pressure.

From my point of view, as frustrating as this can be/is to the common gamer, please be sure that a post you might be wanting to make hasnt been posted 10 times before or serves no constructive points as this will surely create an image of the game which is not an image we all want.

Tough times we may be facing right now but when the patches have been released that fix what were unhappy about right now I can almost guarantee the forum will quieten down as we'll all be playing this great game.

Just my 50pence worth and no offence to anyone intended......I just feel @SQUAD needs our support right now, not frustration. 

I'm quite lucky in that I've not had any of the crashing problems several have mentioned.  Yes I found wheels and landing gear 'different' and experienced some of the issues raised, but I'm simply avoiding doing anything too 'serious' for the time being and just enjoying pottering about preparing for the day...

Yes, I agree that Squad need our support and understanding, and by and large seem to be receiving, whilst they get things sorted out, but I can also fully understand the frustration that many are showing.  It's fine, and often beneficial, for those experiencing issues to report and discuss them,  but angry rants alone don't help.

28 minutes ago, maceemiller said:

Hi all. Since 1.1 and now 1.1.1 has been released if I'm honest, the forum has been quite difficult reading. This isn't right, that isn't right and so on.

It's pretty much inevitable when a lot of people find an update disruptive. That's not an indictment of the update or a defense of the complainers, it's just what happens.

From my point of view, as frustrating as this can be/is to the common gamer, please be sure that a post you might be wanting to make hasn't been posted 10 times before or serves no constructive points as this will surely create an image of the game which is not an image we all want.

I doubt any of the people posting the 11th+ version of such comments will read your remarks. It's very easy to have a problem, create an account, find just the one thread about the new release, post your gripe, and disappear forever, without ever reading forum guidelines or discussions of the finer points of forum etiquette such as this. But I suppose there's no harm in trying.

Tough times we may be facing right now but when the patches have been released that fix what were unhappy about right now I can almost guarantee the forum will quieten down as we'll all be playing this great game.

Evaluated separately from the problems, the improvements in 1.1.x are very exciting and have so much potential. On balance I'm quite glad they migrated to Unity 5. I hope they're able to get everything stable without too much further difficulty.

Just my 50pence worth and no offence to anyone intended......I just feel @SQUAD needs our support right now, not frustration. 

They may also make good use of our constructive criticism, though. There's a fine line between saying "This issue is important to me, one of your customers, please consider it a priority," and whining on and on. Sometimes a lot of coordinated whining may add up to a sense of what's important to the community. As regex says, vOv.

21 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Yoda's right. Can't we all just get along?

Uh, that wasn't Yoda in real life. The ghost of Mr. King "may" be rolling in his grave. Likely, he doesn't give a rat.

Still, wishing everyone to get along seems on the surface to be a good idea.  Unless that is until the "getting along" bit eclipses the "there are still things to fix" bit.

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Yoda's right. 

Lol 5th..

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which, I will not put. -Winston Churchill

..Supposedly an editor had clumsily rearranged one of Churchill’s sentences to avoid ending it in a preposition, and the Prime Minister, very proud of his style, scribbled this note in reply 

5 hours ago, Aethon said:

Lol 5th..

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which, I will not put. -Winston Churchill

..Supposedly an editor had clumsily rearranged one of Churchill’s sentences to avoid ending it in a preposition, and the Prime Minister, very proud of his style, scribbled this note in reply 

"Fundamentally, every bar is the same as every other one, if it's the kind you're drinking in, to end a sentence with a preposition, which I haven't."  - Slovotsky's Law 36

Attempted summary: "Forum full of complaints; I had no problems until I did, think Squad understands the problems we're facing, lots of pressure on them, check what you're posting hasn't been said 10 times already, these are tough times, hopefully patch will fix, then forum will calm down, great game, Go Squad!"

On 4/30/2016 at 3:03 AM, 5thHorseman said:

To summarize the summary: stop complaining and chill out.

To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.

Summary of the summary of the summary of the summary:

Too much "ugh."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.