Sort of new?

Beechnutk Jr.

I have manually gotten small probes into orbit around Duna, Eve, Ike, Jool, and Lathye, along with the mun. I have landed on all of the ones listed above except for laythe. I have a 4-module space station in 120km orbit around kerbin, but for rendezvous and docking I used mechjeb. 

Edited by Beechnutk Jr.
Typo correction

You sound like you have all the required skills to manage career mode - which is probably where I'd point you. It'll have some silly contracts, but a lot are things that will take you (gradually) out of your comfort zone.

I have tried the mission ideas thread, but most are Scott Manley level challenges. Career Mode was too hard for me though, but I have progressed to the 160-300 science level of the tech tree in the Science Mode. Managing the funds are hard, as I try to make huge rockets at the beginning and waste a lot of fuel and parts. Thanks for all of your suggestions, though, I will continue to play through the Science Mode, and I will eventually get to a level where I can manage the tech tree *and* funds. 

Also, do you have any tips for SSTOs? Should I use a rocket engine and a jet engine, or should I sue the hybrid one (I can't think of the name of the top of my head). Is there anything else that I could use to expand my giant collection of SSTTGs (Single stage to the ground) into a giant collection of actual SSTOs? Anything would be welcome, as mine can barely get of the ground. 

8 hours ago, Beechnutk Jr. said:

I have tried the mission ideas thread, but most are Scott Manley level challenges. Career Mode was too hard for me though, but I have progressed to the 160-300 science level of the tech tree in the Science Mode. Managing the funds are hard, as I try to make huge rockets at the beginning and waste a lot of fuel and parts. Thanks for all of your suggestions, though, I will continue to play through the Science Mode, and I will eventually get to a level where I can manage the tech tree *and* funds. 

Also, do you have any tips for SSTOs? Should I use a rocket engine and a jet engine, or should I sue the hybrid one (I can't think of the name of the top of my head). Is there anything else that I could use to expand my giant collection of SSTTGs (Single stage to the ground) into a giant collection of actual SSTOs? Anything would be welcome, as mine can barely get of the ground. 

Might be of help (the second one, most likely)