[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

so, i have an unusual glitch to report, i talked to a guy on real solar system and they had no idea, my problem is that whenever something decouples or breaks away from the pod, or anything connected to the ship it in orbit, they begin to fall twords earth. they still have the angular velocity of the orbit, but its as if they are burning twords the planet. I have located that it is ssrss or the planet modification group of mods. i isolated it to make sure that it wasnt reacting with another mod but that didnt fix it, i even re installed the game.

Edited by Not Sure

24 minutes ago, Not Sure said:

so, i have an unusual glitch to report, i talked to a guy on real solar system and they had no idea, my problem is that whenever something decouples or breaks away from the pod, or anything connected to the ship it in orbit, they begin to fall twords earth. they still have the angular velocity of the orbit, but its as if they are burning twords the planet. I have located that it is ssrss or the planet modification group of mods. i isolated it to make sure that it wasnt reacting with another mod but that didnt fix it, i even re installed the game.

Well SSRSS is just visual mod and uses Sigma Dimensions to scale it down to stock sizes. If you are getting any weird issues like that it is either RSS itself,  or another mod. 

16 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Anyone got a fix for the remotetech mission control

No and neither one of us has time right now. Go download the latest RSS for 1.2.2 and replace our remote Tech config with theirs. That should fix

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

No and neither one of us has time right now. Go download the latest RSS for 1.2.2 and replace our remote Tech config with theirs. That should fix

IT WORKED YOU GLORIOUS stand-up guy!! :) I just may play SSRSS, in fact, it's the favourite, granted if OPM Visual overhaul is out she may catch my eye and I may cheat on SSRSS with her

Is the distance from Earth to Moon in SSRSS the same as the distance from Kerbal to Mun?  My stock scale SSTU and HOYO service modules do not carry enough fuel to make the return trip in SSRSS and I don't believe I had this problem with the stock Kerbal system.  Thanks.

35 minutes ago, thomash said:

Is the distance from Earth to Moon in SSRSS the same as the distance from Kerbal to Mun?  My stock scale SSTU and HOYO service modules do not carry enough fuel to make the return trip in SSRSS and I don't believe I had this problem with the stock Kerbal system.  Thanks.

No they are different.  Stock ksp planets are roughly 10 times smaller than the real solar system and the moon is unrealistically close.  What this mod does is scales down RSS,  which uses the real solar system and its values,  and multiplies those values by 0.01. So if the moon has a SMA of 384, 400km in real life,  multiplied by 0.01, you get a new SMA of 3, 840km, which is allows you to use stock parts to reach it. You can use the same math for the radius of a planet. 

This mod is more complex than just,  "let's put the moon where mun goes." 

Sorry if it made you think otherwise. 

Edited by Galileo

On 8.1.2017 at 2:55 AM, The-Doctor said:

@sDaZe @Galileo I just noticed that the rockets and planes etc are enormous in size, is this intentional?

http://imgur.com/lcOzGbs

This is it

On 8.1.2017 at 3:01 AM, Galileo said:

That is something you did with Sigma Dimensions. 

It seems the latest SigmaDimensions changed the buildingRescale feature.

You'll have to set resizeBuildings = 1 in the .cfg file. Otherwise KSC is scaled automatically.

And i've got a question, too. Wouldn't it feel more 'kerbalish' to use atmoTopLayer = 0.5 instead of Atmosphere = 0.5? Otherwise the 'flighing high' part of atmosphere already ends at 5 km (10 km for Kerbin)?

Edited by denny99

38 minutes ago, denny99 said:

You'll have to set resizeBuildings = 1 in the .cfg file. Otherwise KSC is scaled automatically.

And i've got a question, too. Wouldn't it feel more 'kerbalish' to use atmoTopLayer = 0.5 instead of Atmosphere = 0.5? Otherwise the 'flighing high' part of atmosphere already ends at 5 km (10 km for Kerbin)?

When the cfg was made,  SD didn't have that yet. 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

When the cfg was made,  SD didn't have that yet. 

Oh ok. Then i guess the navball surface -> orbit switching is also behaving weird due to the SD changes. (It switches to orbit mode when reaching the lower atmosphere)

5 hours ago, denny99 said:

I got it fixed by installing kopernicus directly

On 1/16/2017 at 4:08 AM, Nansuchao said:

Did you download separately the RSS textures or did you just copy the folder inside SSRSS?

I downloaded this mod and believe I done everything right, but, the screen does not load. and if it does load I only see kerbin.

But everything is in the gamedata. Perhaps its the RSS- Textures that you are talking about.?

what I did was I downloaded RSS- Textures, then, clicked on the optional textures and overwrote the main textures inside RSS-textures.

I dont understand why I cant get this mod to work.

would you be able to give me a print screen of your gamedata folder. Or explain to me what I might have missed. because I don't really know what else to do.

3 hours ago, KERBALINA said:

I downloaded this mod and believe I done everything right, but, the screen does not load. and if it does load I only see kerbin.

But everything is in the gamedata. Perhaps its the RSS- Textures that you are talking about.?

what I did was I downloaded RSS- Textures, then, clicked on the optional textures and overwrote the main textures inside RSS-textures.

would you be able to give me a print screen of your gamedata folder. Or explain to me what I might have missed. because I don't really know what else to do.

Do the opposite, provide me a screen of your GameData and we'll see what is missing.

3 hours ago, KERBALINA said:

Are you the same guy that i was trying to help on facebook? I need screenshots, like i said. 

Follow the links on the OP. Heres what to do, again.. 

Download this:   https://github.com/Galileo88/SSRSS/releases 

Download this:  https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSS-Textures/releases  

Download this:   https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/releases/tag/v0.6.1

Download this:  https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.2.2-2

Open the SSRSS Download, which is the first link and go into the gamedata folder, drag everything that is inside that folder into your Ksp root gamedata folder.

Also if you want better rss textures go into the folder called OPTIONAL RSS TEXTURES, "Note" If you download this you still need the RSS Textures. 

Also, if you want clouds go into the Choose SVE res folder and pick what res you want and drag that into your gamedata folder.

NOW

Download what RSS-Textures you want, you have the options between 2k, 4k and 8k Pick what one and then drag THAT RSS Texture folder into your gamedata, DO NOT REPLACE THE ONES THAT SSRSS COMES WITH

NOW,

Drag the sigma dimensions folder called "sigma" into your gamedata

NOW,

Drag everything included in the Kopernicus folder into your gamedata, except the licences .

Ugh.

Edited by sDaZe

On 12/17/2016 at 9:58 AM, Galileo said:

In the settings cfg in the gamedata folder,  change the scansat value from 1 to 0.1 and you will be good

I'm trying to get ScanSat working in SSRSS and I'm running into a few problems.  I don't see a "scansat" value but I do see scanAltitude in the SigmaDimensions section of the config file.  I tried setting that to 0.1 but that lowered the required altitudes.  So I went the other way and bumped it up to 10 which gives the RADAR Altimeter a range from 9k to 47k (versus the advertised 10k to 50k so I think that number needs to be tweaked to 10 and change).  The problem I'm having now is that my satellite says it is at an "ideal" altitude but nothing is scanning.  I don't get the green scanning beam in the map view and nothing shows up in the scansat map.  Is there another config value that needs to be tweaked?

Thanks 

EDIT:  And I just realized I have to stop and restart the scanner for it to work.  It's all good now.  

Edited by AndreZero
got it working

Hi,

I'm running KSP 1.1.3 and was trying to use our mod. I have the problem that earth's surface is very dark, even in broad daylight.

I started from a Vanilla KSP version to be sure and just installed the recommended mods, same result. Any advice on how to resolve this is greatly appreciated.

Screenshot around noon

Edited by fh_fingolfin
Link did not work

So a little update. With me not having any time to work on this mod, real life stuff like school and work. This leaves me no time to work on the mod and as a result i'm taking a break. I'll come back when i have time, because i love this game and i love what this mod has become. Sorry guys :( 

If someone wants to take over PM me, as @Galileo is too busy as well 

Edited by sDaZe