Demo Part Military Combat Vessels

The dreaded Deep Space Cthulhu has allied with the evil Krakens to invade Kerbin and bring down the Kerbal Space Program. They have erected a space-time warping field-thingy that has rendered everything outside Minmus orbit invisible and untouchable (Except for Kerbol, of course). Nothing works except for Demo parts. It is your duty to build a fleet of combat-capable warships to defend Kerbin and restore the right of space exploration to Kerbalkind by defeating this Alliance.

The rules are:

Only Demo parts, as of Version 1.0.0.813 are allowed.

The ship must have reached orbit the legit way, and the launcher must also be built of only Demo parts.

There is no part limit.

No mods allowed (Obviously).

There are six categories : Fighter, Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Carrier and Defense Platform

Fighters are ships weighing less than 15 tons with high turning rate and acceleration (~20 m/s^2), but low delta-v (~500 m/s) and carrying a small amount of ammunition (RT-5 or RT-10)

Corvettes are ships with a tonnage of between 20 and 40 tons, designed as patrol boats and Fighter killers, with high acceleration (`15 m/s^2), decent delta-v (~1 km/s), and carrying a small amount of missiles (Light Guided Missile (<5 tons) or Medium Guided Missile (5 to 10 tons))

Frigates are ships weighing between 30 and 60 tons, with medium acceleration (~10 m/s^2), decent delta-v (~1 km/s) and carrying a small amount of anti-capital ship missiles (Heavy Guided Missile (>10 tons) or RT-10)

Destroyers are ships weighing between 50 and 75 tons, designed to kill Frigates, with medium acceleration (~10 m/s^2), good delta-v (~1.5 km/s) and a lot of ammunition (Medium Guided Missile (5 to 10 tons) or RT-5)

Carriers are ships with low acceleration (~5 m/s^2), and high delta-v (2 km/s), but designed to be expendable - that is, they are to be ditched after the destination is reached, and used as a ram or cover. 

Defense Platforms are effectively fast-turning weapons platforms, with no ability to change orbits on their own, but carrying several missiles (Light Guided Missile (<5 tons), Medium Guided Missile (5 to 10 tons) or Heavy Guided Missile (>10 tons))

Each ship submitted must include a image of the launch vehicle and ship in atmosphere, in orbit, firing weapons and being hit by weapons fire (Optional), for it to qualify.

Ships will be ranked based on points (10), awarded for delta-v (2), acceleration (2), maneuverability (2), weapons (2) and looks (2),with bonus points for survivability and guided missiles.

The Winner in each category is the one with the most points. However, competitors may challenge the Winner for a battle, and if they are the victors, they will receive the Title of Extreme Resource Manager and Demo Shipbuilder of the Year, instead.

Good Luck!

Leaderboards : 

Fighter : Anbang11 (7+1)

Corvette : 

Frigate :

Destroyer : Spartwo (7+2)

Carrier :

Defense Platform :

Edited by Burning For New Frontiers
[DATA REDACTED:CLASSIFIED]

On 2/5/2016 at 7:41 AM, Kokanee said:

Sooooo..... "combat capable" yet not allowed to use mods like Bdarmory?

Lol, mods don't work on demo.

On 1/5/2016 at 10:28 PM, Burning For New Frontiers said:

They have erected a space-time warping field-thingy that has rendered everything outside Minmus orbit invisible and untouchable.

Lol, you still can see Kerbol (the Sun).

Runway does not work in demo, that means no spaceplanes, and launching missiles done by launching it on rockets.

Guided missiles using liquid fuel engines requires GUIDE from a command pod (there is no probe in demo?). That means we have to sacrifice a Kerbal to launch one guided missile.

Enough talking, I'll try this one if I had time using demo version.

Edited by Anbang11
"Two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe" ~Albert Einstein?

On 3/5/2016 at 7:00 PM, Burning For New Frontiers said:

Demo Version 1.0.0.813 has Stayputnik Mk 1 probe cores. Also, Kamikaze Kerbals.

Hadn't checked them out, now I've installed the demo, and acknowledged it. Thanks for telling! Sacrificing Kerbals weren't bad if it's fighting for honor.

Nice. I managed to build a Mun rover without wheels.

Space Exploration and Explosives Corporation is proud to present a prototype of the under-development Crusher class Death Machine.

8oF421Z.png

It can hit 20 m/s easily and carries 14400 electric charge, with a maximum of two possible recharges, due to the non-retractable nature of the panels. Solar panels are activated by pressing 1 and 2.

The test run produced some rather, uh, very interesting results :

2PHRttq.png1vyu4p1.pngb66jMLd.pngX7fIrRE.png2Ju6ETt.pngYDEkb1e.pngYRJaLAB.pngPQCpbXr.pngxIKjLQV.pngThis thing could probably annihilate the entire KSC if you had the time, or a faster computer. 

*sigh* I accidentally lost the writing, so I had to rewrite the entire thing again....

That Demo Minmus landing is 2 days ago.

Here's my entry "Low Orbit Missile Launcher"

The album here doesn't update, but not that fast, so go here for updated one (I gave https because it's safe :D).

It weighs 45.9 tons in LaunchPad, has 95 parts in 4 stages, has 4 SRB RT-5 Missiles with probe core and reaction wheels, which allow to guide the missile.

The solar panel can be deployed by pressing 1

The missiles can be launches independently by pressing 2, 3, 4, and 5

If you're interested to get the .craft file, tell me and I'll put the download link. I'm awaiting for OP to decide which category this rocket goes into.

Edited by Anbang11

10 hours ago, Burning For New Frontiers said:

Sorry for the delay, I was out. BTW, I meant weight in orbit. Possibly either a fighter or a corvette- depending upon tonnage, of course.

Before, I flew them to 82km orbit, and it weighs 9.61 tons in stage 2 with 4 missiles ready to fire!

(The weight in orbit depends on how much fuel left)

Fighter, then. 8/10, if my calcs  are right.

Spartwo, what the hell is that? That thing could probably go toe to toe with a Zokesia Skunkworks ship of similar tonnage! That thing isn't a destroyer, it's a damned Battleship! Anyway, mind giving me the .craft file? 

Edited by Burning For New Frontiers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.