Moin Moin from Germany

Gordon Dry

Hello,

I just registered to this board as a new addicted player of KSP for one week now.

I had my troubles with mods etc. and had to get used to how everything works.

But now I have a browser-related problem:

Just for posting this - my first post - I had to use Internet Explorer and log in there.

Normally I use the Pale Moon browser (26.2.1 64-bit).

I added exclusions for AdBlock Plus, NoScript etc. but it's impossible to reply to a thread or open a new one.

It looks like this then:

Spoiler

L9xeMLq.png

And the tabs "Content" and "Poll" are unclickable etc.

I tried changing the user agent to a Firefox alike but that didn't help.

btw typing this I also recognized that this board software does not give the possibility to show a preview of a posting - never seen this feature missing on any other board before...

And also no img tag button, only Imgur album...

btw btw and I don't know how to turn off the damned auto correction inside Internet Explorer to avoid capital letters (I didn't type them)... ah it's the main Windows Settings (crank).

Edited by Gordon Dry

Hello Gordon Dry and welcome to the forum!

The software on which the forum runs was recently changed.  There are definitely some growing pains and frustrations with it, but we have a thread to help users learn the tips and tricks.

I'm not sure about using it on browsers other than Firefox and Chrome.  I haven't seen any of the behaviours you described.

To add an image from imgur, just paste the direct link into your post and the image should appear.  The lack of a preview option is the most grievous issue, IMO.

Happy landings!

Actually, the lack of a preview is an intended feature. Because your message should come out exactly as it appears in the editor (it's "WYSIWYG"), a preview shouldn't be needed. But @Starhawk misses it, so I guess there must be a use for a preview after all?

Welcome to the forums, @Gordon Dry! Sorry about your browser-related problems. I'd suggest the best place to get help with that would actually be the Pale Moon forum, since it is likely a bug with the browser. I'm using Firefox, which has the same basic roots as Pale Moon, and the forum here works fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎02‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 8:53 AM, Deddly said:

I'm using Firefox, which has the same basic roots as Pale Moon, and the forum here works fine.

Not really, Pale Moon is totally different now because they got rid off that Australis theme thang.

btw:
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=11962#p84196

I really would like to see the internet working with Pale Moon.

This board is just another bugger that complicates my life.

Edited by Gordon Dry