Threads of the Month May!

sal_vager

It's May! It's sunny and warm for most of us so what could be better than staying inside, browsing the forums and playing KSP? That's right, nothing!

Here's some new and old threads to keep you distracted from bugs occupied while waiting for Squad to fix wheels the greatest event of the summer, June's TOTM! :wink:

This months suggestions come from @Deddly, @Perry Apsis and @Spaceception, so if there's one you don't like blame them :D

Starting in Science and Spaceflight, @rodion_herrera posted the (now old) news of the Starshot Initiative, and while the live feed has long since ended it sparked a lot of discussion on the project, interstellar probes in our lifetime, imagine that...

From Challenges comes this collaborative space station challenge by @Jetski, how about you add your parts? Let's see how big this thing can get.

Criminally overlooked for Modding Monday, @Azimech impresses us once more with his engine designs, this time with a working ignition system, the first of its kind in KSP.

This months Tutorial is by @A_name, if you're having trouble and the KSPedia and in-game tutorials aren't enough then check it out, but please use a rocket rather than his Vindaloo curry propulsion, while the thrust is high, the Isp is terrible.

While dating back to January 2015 the quality of @Felsmak's work cannot be denied, nor can the love any Kerbal will feel for the Great Naked Space Man.

Will the saga continue?

From Mission Reports we have @Cydonian Monk's Forgotten Space Program, possibly one of the best mission reports ever made!

Replacing better manoeuvre nodes in Suggestions is another old thread, @bsalis asks if KSP should show delta-V, maybe now the GUI has been overhauled this is a possibility, only time will tell.

Rather than a thread, this time we have a quote chain from @Perry Apsis, quoting @5thHorseman who quoted @regex who quoted our very own @NathanKell.

Perhaps Squad should not fix everything...

Nah...

From General Discussion @spacebrick3 asks us where our usernames came from, mine's a play on the word Salvager, and I used it in EVE online, how did you come up with yours?

Finally, and possibly controversially, @ghost_sox brought both sides of the forums together in support for the game we all love, even if we don't all love it all the time and there's still much to improve.

We've all had far more than $40 worth from KSP, whether we play stock or modded, career, science or sandbox, despite all the bugs and things we'd like to see changed we still enjoy the game, warts n all, and the community response here shows how good a community we have.

Thanks everyone, see you in space!

See Aprils TOTM here!

Just now, sal_vager said:

Well there's always next month, so get cracking on making a killer thread :wink:

I plan on it. My "Kearth to Major Jeb" thread should get more interesting. Just wish people followed it.

3 hours ago, RA3236 said:

The only two sides of the forums that come to mind are the Dres Awareness Society and the Forget Dres Cooperation.

And there's the "I don't care about that stuff, it's my game and I do what I want" side.

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.