[1.3.0] Launch Numbering 0.4.0

Launch Numbering is a very simple mod - with one job to do.

Every time you launch a vehicle, the mod examines the name. If it's seen that name launch before, it appends a number on the end. So, if you launch the same vehicle 4 times, they should all be uniquely named.

Downloadable from Spacedock

Source on github

MIT Licensed

In game settings, you'll find options on whether we use Arabic or Roman numerals, and whether we show Bloc numbers (wherein we try to identify "variants" of the vessel, in terms of its structure, and show it as a different Bloc).

Now that this is doing what I wanted, I'm open to suggestions for anything that others would like to be able to configure with it.

Edited by Damien_The_Unbeliever
1.3 release

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A nice mod! It does have a small downside. After reverting a craft (for a designchange f.e.), the mod does not revert the number. At the next launch the number is increased again.

Edited by TheCardinal

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this little mod, so thank you!

I would love to see an option where a small tweak would not reset the numbering scheme.  Similar to the bloc function, but without adding the 'bloc' to the ship name.  So any craft that flies under a particular name would just have the flight number appended to it. 

• 1 month later...

I'm using Launch Numbering in KSP 1.3, with about 70 other mods. The first time I started KSP after installing LN, I saw a pop up letting me configure LN. Ever since I haven't been able to find a GUI for LN. I've even tried removing LN, and editing the save to remove all references to LN, and then reinstalling. How can I configure LN to do the numbering style I want?

Okay, I am reporting what appears to be a bug. In my game. I don't see any way to display the settings. I have never seen an icon for LN in the standard button bar, so I don't know what it should look like. I've only seen the settings dialog once, the first time I installed LN.

I am willing to try to reinstall. Is there anything to remove besides the Launch Number folder, and the launchnumber scenario and other entries in the persistent.sfs? Would you like me to post the output.log?

It doesn't have a separate button for configuration. It uses the standard settings dialog for KSP. I'm not in front of a machine with KSP at the moment, but from what I remember, there's a "Settings" button on the Pause menu. You should find a Launch Numbering section within.

Similarly, the settings are available from the New Game dialog.

I'll update this tonight with correct terminology/paths of buttons to press, if the above is insufficient.

[Edit]

It's actually a further step beyond "Settings" within the "Difficulty Options". Not how/where I'd choose to describe these particular settings, but that's where Squad gave us a mechanism to automatically expose options from Mods.

Edited by Damien_The_Unbeliever

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.