Is this a new Easter egg?

maybach123

1 minute ago, LordKael said:

Approximately where is this pyramid? There is a pyramid on the list (haven't been there personally).

There is one pyramid but it looks like mayan or aztec style, this one is completely different.

From the pictures, I'd say that it's in the great desert. From the first image we can tell that it is around 10-30km southwest of a small mountain/hill range. I'll take a look myself.

Yep - i would say it is a not yet known easter egg.

Nice Find and instarep!

Please don't provide coordinates / map view here. i think there are separate spoiler threads :wink:

Edit: i think it is an Kerbal Konstruct Easter Egg - your game isn't stock :wink:

Edited by KroShan
KK

Just now, maybach123 said:

it is real and i will get a map view in a few minutes. 

At the same time post a list of installed mods.
I've seen something similar not too long ago. If I remember correctly it had something to do with a mod.

Right then:

Pyramid, 450-600m tall.

15-30km SW from the tip of a (probably small) mountain range in the great desert (can't see the Whoops Too Short mountains, or the sea, or the grasslands.)

Looks like a newly build Egyptian pyramid should, with capping stones and metallic top still in place (not like they look today, all eroded).

Should be visible from several KM out. Not hidden by hills, by the looks of it.

POSSIBLY CAUSED BY A MOD.

(I think that about covers it.)

2 minutes ago, Foxster said:

Missing in stock game...

Well, let's start ruling out mods. I think that we can rule out parts-only packs, as they don't have the capacity to modify the terrain. Could it be put down to a Kopernicus mod?

6 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

Well, let's start ruling out mods. I think that we can rule out parts-only packs, as they don't have the capacity to modify the terrain. Could it be put down to a Kopernicus mod?

Probably Kerbal Konstructs, you can add surface structures with that.

2 hours ago, KroShan said:

Please don't provide coordinates / map view here. i think there are separate spoiler threads :wink:

While I can understand wanting to avoid spoilers to some extent, there does come a point where it should be up to the people who want to avoid them to do so as well.  If someone was posting coordinates or even the pictures from the OP in some other random thread instead, you'd certainly have a legitimate point.  With a title like "Is this a new Easter egg?" though, it should be pretty obvious already that the thread is likely to contain spoilers and if you want to avoid them, you should probably simply not open the thread at all.  If you do open a topic like this, it should be at your own risk.

2 minutes ago, Rath said:

Are those dry river beds I see...

They're a side effect of one of the terrain noise generators, it can make somewhat unsightly worm-like features. I'm not sure its specific name, but you can see similar features in Space Engine as well, which uses the same principles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.