Am I crazy?

Nich

So I know everyone is upset about 1.1.1 but is it just me or does 1.1+ just look much better, cleaner?  I have always played on 1080 but the colors look more crisp and the lines look cleaner?  Did the switch to Unity 5 have better support for my graphics card or better anti aliasing?

Despite the usual ... err ... 'effects' that have become sort of a tradition with each release, I must agree. Re-entry into Kerbin atmosphere seems more sophisticated in terms of aerodynamics.  Also, the thermal model appears more realistic(if there is such a thing in terms of a 'kerbiverse' simulator). Oh and the performance boost I experience is also worth going for 1.1.x - that said, I'm looking forward to my first 1.1.x munar landing (starting all over again).

You may have had your graphics rendering set to something sub-default on 1.0 for performance reasons, and you don't need to do that anymore.

We had a lot of debates in beta testing about image quality -- text actually seems to be a tiny bit fuzzier in 1.1, but graphical rendering of the world with identical settings is nearly identical (specular reflections are not as shiny anymore, either).

3D does look better. Text UI elements, however, look like crap if you resize them not in exactly 20% steps, and even then they're far from ideal.

Also, with 4GB limit left behind, I really hope that Squad will release HD texture pack some day.

Edited by J.Random

What VAB crash bug? I had CTD in 1.0.5 every 20 Minutes, even in a clean install... now it runs like a charm... fast, smooth and looking better than ever. I am not upset about 1.1.2...

It does look nice, you do have to get over it looking "different" though I think.  Once you're past that it's good.  I installed SVE (ultra res) and Scatterer and it runs great. I couldn't do that before because of memory and performance issues.

1 minute ago, CloudlessEchoes said:

It does look nice, you do have to get over it looking "different" though I think.  Once you're past that it's good.  I installed SVE (ultra res) and Scatterer and it runs great. I couldn't do that before because of memory and performance issues.

I guess you are no longer 'Cloudless' :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.