Hi there. I'm running a fully-patched Steam KSP on Windows 10 x64.

I have an issue that has made the game unplayable. In previous versions it happened almost never; now it happens almost always. It happens regardless of how low I set the graphics settings, including render quality, texture quality and resolution. It happens in both the 32-bit and 64-bit builds. I do not see this in other games that use my graphics card, including Diablo 3.

It usually happens at random while in the VAB/SPH. The framerate will go from excellent (>60 depending on graphics settings) down to about 1FPS. It will stay like that for about a minute, and then recover for about a minute, etc. It will do so regardless of whether the mouse is moving, what the screen is showing, etc. When it hangs like this, the audio will usually stutter.

I read another post on this forum that it could be related to the temperature of the GPU in my laptop. I'm running GPUShark to look at the temperature, and it seems that is not the case. My GPU sits at about 50-60C when idle, and when running the game it ranges between about 60-85C. There is no correlation between when the GPU is hot and when the game hangs; sometimes it's smooth at >80C and sometimes it hangs at <65C.

I found that rebooting the laptop and killing most other applications helped, temporarily (for about 30m) but then the problem came back.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.