[LANDING ON MINMUS]

Ok, What type of landing gear do I need,

i heard the gravity is super low,

I already perfected the art of encountering it, by lining it up in its current position, burning untill my orbit expands with minmus,

turn northingly, and inclinate my orbit untill it matches, and I will get an eventual encounter.

I did a quick fly-by with my ascent engines,

it looks so awesome up in your game, not on youtube.

So I\'m thinking of RSC boosters, 4 RSC tanks, 4 legs for the descent structure?

I\'m an enthusiast for RCS during landings too, but I\'ve never needed more than 1 tank to get down, or 2 for a whole mission. Three legs are enough but 4 won\'t hurt anything. Unlike Mun, the landing impact is so light you don\'t need to worry about legs breaking off, and so don\'t need redundant spares.

Handy tip: if you aim for one of the low 'seas,' for once your altimeter will actually tell you how high you are, because they are all at exactly 'sea level' elevation of zero. The perfect flatness there also means you don\'t have to worry about hitting bumps or falling down a slope.

I know, I doubt landing on minmus would be an issue since it\'s a pain in the ass getting there.

Literally,

a pain in the ass.

It takes me 30 minutes to an hour hours manually [successfuly]

5 minutes with mechjeb.

Just get into a 90 degree orbit, burn out to 46000 km or whatever it is when Minmus rises over the horizon, then halfway there adjust the orbit plane until the map says you meet it.

Not always gonna work, for the simple reason that if you\'re timing\'s off, it could be ages till you meet up with it or before the patched conics tell you you\'re gonna make it.

I prefer to do a normal orbit, burn 90 out to 46,400,000m or so, and then burn retrograde (270) so that you will always meet up with it within half an orbit. Plane change is often needed, but I have noticed that with this method, the conics will predict an encounter when my inclination is still off by several degrees.

When I was still figuring out the process, I made some PROFOUNDLY botched Minmus approaches, but I was never unable to wrestle it back to an intercept. Given enough fuel, you can take any path you want between 2 points in space, as long as you don\'t run into something on the way. And since vexx32\'s retrograde method is going to require burning a whole mess o\' fuel to kill the head-on approach velocity anyway, I\'m not sure it\'s preferable to a messy overtake-from-below approach. Whatever is easiest for the player in question is fine for now, but fuel consumption will eventually be an issue when economcs are added to the game, so I\'m trying not to get into bad habits.

I did a max-touchdown of 25 meters per second because I ran out of descent fuel and had to jettison it,

all i did was bounce, and bounce, untill i finally got stabilized.

The min is awesome