Contract completion messages auto-deleting

I'm not entirely sure which version introduced this problem, but contract completion messages are not properly persisting when loading or unloading the game for a career save.  Let's say for example I run a long mission to another planet/moon, completing a couple contracts and a bunch of world firsts along the way.  If I exit the game (or if the game crashes) and come back these messages will be gone.  In the past these messages would remain for you to peruse and delete on your own whenever you want, or to possibly save indefinitely (which is what I like to do with my world first message, allowing it to grow over time - I still wish I could archive world firsts but that is another issue entirely).  This problem seems to happen when I exit the game normally and also if the game crashes - any messages that were waiting for me for my career game are lost when I come back.

I use Stage Recovery mod which is the only mod I know of for the ones I have installed that will add its own messages to this list and these are also disappearing on their own whenever the game exits, so I have no way to go back and check to see if I succeeded in recovering any stages.

I am running 1.1.2.

My mods: KER, MechJeb2, Stage Recovery

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.