1.1.2 really good for me

The little I played I enjoyed.  Wheels are messed up but entirely workable with care and attention (definitely usable until Unity fixes the problem), performance is pretty good (much quicker if I turn on the legacy terrain shaders), and I finally have aerodynamic effects on my Intel 4000.

For me it's not so good. It works fine so long as I don't go to the VAB after I already used it before. I landed a guy on Minmus. Went to the space center and then the VAB, crashed. I then removed a bunch of mods, opened it again, and I sent a probe to flyby Jool. I then went to the space center, clicked on the VAB. It opened, but when I clicked back, it crashed. What's funny is that besides those crashes, the game runs fine.

Edited by Bill Phil

My experience of everything since 1.0 through 1.1.2 has been spot on except for landing gear.....and a couple of game shortcuts that don't work 100% of the time as they say they should.  Sometimes it's hard to hear myself having fun while my conscience is shaming me for wanting to avoid all the screams of anguished rage that my favorite game is broken far past mending and how DARE Squad stop for a breather?? 

I fully acknowledge my completely undeserved good fortune.  I should feel ashamed of myself.  I should.   I don't, but I should.

That may have sounded smug.  It wasn't meant to.  It's just that there's a limit to how much I'm willing to beat myself up.

And sorry but I'm not willing to beat up Squad at all. 

Edited by Crystal_Mace
Added final thought, and corrected spelling.

The update has pushed my performance up a lot. I can finally afford to crank the aero effects up! Also, my planetary bases no longer make the game grind to 10 FPS when I come anywhere near them. To date, I've only had one CTD, caused by reverting, and some kraken attacks - courtesy of "Friction control". 

Hardware: 2015 MacBook Air, Core I5 @ 1,86 GHz, Intel Iris 6000 graphics.

I played1.1.2 for a while, getting used to the higher speeds. Then, I went back to 0.90 for a small dose of nostalgia, and then I realized that before 1.1, I had been getting 15-20 fps, and a constant yellow clock. Good job, Squad, my game is lag-free now, even when I whack-a-kerbal my huge interplanetary outpost! :P 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.