mod to load specific ships

jab136

hey guys, I was wondering if it would be possible to make a mod that forces the game to load specific ships even if they are outside of the load range, this would be useful for ships making extremely long duration burns as you could combine it with some automation mod and then go to some other ship, as well as having a ton of other uses.  I realize it could easily eat up a crapton of computing power but it would still be a nice mod, and now that we have x64 it wouldn't be as difficult to run.

The loading distance is not just a problem of memory & CPU. It is a problem of precision of the physic simulation. Load a ship too far and it will compact itself in a pile of parts.

On 5/4/2016 at 0:35 PM, sarbian said:

The loading distance is not just a problem of memory & CPU. It is a problem of precision of the physic simulation. Load a ship too far and it will compact itself in a pile of parts.

can you explain why?  I mean wouldn't you just be able to load two separate ships and simulate them separately unless their respective load ranges intersected?  I am not a particularly talented coder (I only really know matlab), but it doesn't seem too difficult to me for someone who actually knows what they are doing.

but there are plenty of mods that completely overhaul the entire physics system, such as FAR and Principia, I get that it isn't stock, but is there any reason why it can't be modded in?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.