How to compile a dead mod?

Cooly568

Heya.

So I had been getting into making cinematics, videos and the like in KSP, and when it came down to it, I realized I was missing one key mod, Persistent Trails. A mod that's almost required for cinematic creators.

So I went to the old forum thread, it's Spaceport link was dead, and I haven't yet been able to track someone down with a 1.0.2 version.

And because of that, I wanted to try recompiling the github repository into a working .dll, turns out, I have no idea how to do that in the slightest. So, yeah.

https://github.com/GrJo/KSPPersistentTrails

I'm a coding moron.

12 minutes ago, Cooly568 said:

Heya.

So I had been getting into making cinematics, videos and the like in KSP, and when it came down to it, I realized I was missing one key mod, Persistent Trails. A mod that's almost required for cinematic creators.

So I went to the old forum thread, it's Spaceport link was dead, and I haven't yet been able to track someone down with a 1.0.2 version.

And because of that, I wanted to try recompiling the github repository into a working .dll, turns out, I have no idea how to do that in the slightest. So, yeah.

https://github.com/GrJo/KSPPersistentTrails

I'm a coding moron.

That would be a fair bit of work. Have you tried contacting the mod author? Do they intend to update and maintain it any longer?

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

That would be a fair bit of work. Have you tried contacting the mod author? Do they intend to update and maintain it any longer?

He was last active on February 24th. Not too interested in having it updated at the moment, just getting at the current version that had a Kerbalspaceport download, and now does not.

3 minutes ago, Cooly568 said:

He was last active on February 24th. Not too interested in having it updated at the moment, just getting at the current version that had a Kerbalspaceport download, and now does not.

so you don't want it updated for KSP 1.1.2? You just want the old version? which was KSP 1.0.2.
Just that I would suspect it would not be as easy as a re-compile to get it working in 1.1.2 and will probably need significant changes.
If you just want the old version then there is a torrent available for for spaceport files. If you don't have it here is a link to the torrent file. Last time i used it (last week) it was still working.
You don't need to download the whole torrent just look for the one you want and download just that one (the torrent is sorted by userid).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.