[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 9:26 PM, cxg2827 said:

Thanks! It was definitely a major career change after being at my previous job for 8 years. better flexibility, shorter commutes, massive pay increase, but it can be a bit draining and stressful at times. Kids are quite a time-investment but it's definitely worth it (but I swear to God, if I hear "no" one more time! :D).

Thanks for all the work you did on this - I look forward to seeing your parts make their way into other folks' mods. I can totally relate to your situation, since I commute by train between Seattle and Tacoma - and also because I have a 1-yo and a 3.5-yo, who is in that "No, I don't NEEEEEED to go to bed tonight." phase. I'm 2 months late to this party, but I also wanted to say "good luck" with the new job, and thanks again for lots of hours of fun playing around with this mod, and the hundreds of hours you put into it to share it with us. Cheers!

Im late to the farewell,. but life comes first my friend, I know the feeling trust me.

CXA is the best of all the parts I had seen, likely from all the time you spent on it.

Will miss it, but the only thing certain in this universe is change. No worries.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, @cxg2827.

Some people are still using your Add'On (and it's pretty easy to see why - if we manage to reach an agreement about what follows, I'll be another one! Excellent work!), but we are now facing some issues and I will need your help on it.

Your patches were made for an environment where only you would be using parts you authored. With your decision of allowing some hand picked Authors to use them, your TweakScale patches (I'm the current maintainer of TweakScale, by the way) are being applied on some other Add'Ons by accident, as you can see on this post on TweakScale's thread.

Would you consider a new maintenance release of your Add'On with the MM patches fixed? The best solution for the problem is, indeed, a new release of CxAerospace with the patches fixed, and may I suggest using also :FOR[CxAerospace] (and :NEEDS[<dependency>] where applicable)?

We could check for any problems with the others Add'Ons and fix them too - so people that are still running savegames with your Add'On could keep going on. I'll gladly help on anything you need. No strings attached. :) 

Cheers!

• 1 year later...
On 9/5/2020 at 8:20 AM, Dhruv said:

Has anyone tried if it works for v1.9x??

yes. But delete the TweakScale patches for it, if you use TweakScale of course.

-- -- POST EDIT -- --

If you are a TweakScale user, you should install this.

Edited by Lisias
post edit

On 9/6/2020 at 12:00 PM, Lisias said:

yes. But delete the TweakScale patches for it, if you use TweakScale of course.

-- -- POST EDIT -- --

If you are a TweakScale user, you should install this.

After using only the Tweakscale companion from the link I'm getting only PMA, the same happened to me in ksp1.3.1

and I'm currently using ksp v1.9.1

Does it have to do anything with Stocklike station parts redux? 

Edited by Dhruv

3 hours ago, Dhruv said:

After using only the Tweakscale companion from the link I'm getting only PMA, the same happened to me in ksp1.3.1

Does it have to do anything with Stocklike station parts redux? 

Well, I just tested this Companion with TS 2.5 beta and CXA, and by coincidence, on 1.9.1. And I found not problems.

So it should be something on your rig. Publish the KSP.log and I will try to find something wrong there.

-- post edit --

@Dhruv, please redownload the LivingStyle (completely remove the directory you have on your rig before installing). While double checking due your report, I found some files on the wrong place. :blush:

(not related to your issue, anyway).

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT

19 hours ago, Dhruv said:

@Dhruv, I think I found something - but related to habtech on 1.9.1. There's something on the trusses that is firing up NREs on the LateUpdate thingy, and after that started to happen, weird things happened on KSP (as aircrafts "flying" in slow motion), probably due some thread on KSP guts dying due the stunt.

It may be something pretty stupid, a missing value on some module that KSP takes for granted but didn't existed when habtech was issued, and I think something related can be happening with you on Stock Alike Parts Redux.

I'm really interested on this issue now, can you please try to reproduce the problem and then send me a KSP.log with the PMAs? I can use the Companion to inject a proper fix on it.

On 9/8/2020 at 1:43 PM, Lisias said:

@Dhruv, I think I found something - but related to habtech on 1.9.1. There's something on the trusses that is firing up NREs on the LateUpdate thingy, and after that started to happen, weird things happened on KSP (as aircrafts "flying" in slow motion), probably due some thread on KSP guts dying due the stunt.

It may be something pretty stupid, a missing value on some module that KSP takes for granted but didn't existed when habtech was issued, and I think something related can be happening with you on Stock Alike Parts Redux.

I'm really interested on this issue now, can you please try to reproduce the problem and then send me a KSP.log with the PMAs? I can use the Companion to inject a proper fix on it.

Update on the issue!

I have reinstalled LivingStyle and it doesn't work, like it doesn't make any changes like before

and I'm providing my full KSP.log and files for PMA as well.

Also I'm still using CxAerospace and I did try to install HabTech but it doesn't work like Cx!

Edited by Dhruv

1 hour ago, Dhruv said:

For some reason I'm not being able to upload log, I will ASAP

Thanks! I'm waiting.

1 hour ago, Dhruv said:

Also If you want me to try with HabTech then i can and will let you know

it will be appreciated. But let's tackle down the CXA problem first, to avoiding chasing our tails on things that may be just different M.O. for the same culprit.

On 9/9/2020 at 6:16 PM, Lisias said:

Thanks! I'm waiting.

it will be appreciated. But let's tackle down the CXA problem first, to avoiding chasing our tails on things that may be just different M.O. for the same culprit.

Hey, I don't know but due to some reason I'm not being able to send KSP.log file

is there any other way to send it??

1 hour ago, Dhruv said:

Hey, I don't know but due to some reason I'm not being able to send KSP.log file

is there any other way to send it??

Do you have a github account? You can zip the whole thing and drag'n'drop it on a comment here.

15 hours ago, Lisias said:

Do you have a github account? You can zip the whole thing and drag'n'drop it on a comment here.

I am sharing it with google drive and have made it editable so that if u want you can edit the file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O-qNKy21NbmFpoDH1-q7BvUk9HnVg0ej/view?usp=sharing

If you want anything else please let me know!

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME OUT^_^

• 8 months later...
On 12/13/2018 at 3:12 AM, Drakenex said:

easy peasy

Hi, I'm having some issue with that mod, I don't know why but the solar panels float away when I approach with a vessel and I don't know how to deal with this issue...I'm not able to find a solution can anyone help me?

• 1 month later...