[1.3.1] Galileo's Sun Flares [v1.8.3]

Galileo

7 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Have you had time yet? I don't want to sound like a nag but it looks really good and I want it.

Oooohhh shoot. >_<;

I couldn't find the folder it was in (I might of accidentally deleted it) and the only one left was in my actual career directory in TextureReplacer, and then I deleted it cause my game was crashing too much so I got rid of alot of mods and then I realised it's gone. :(

Sorry about that, I'll try and make a new, better one as soon as possible! :)

8 hours ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Oooohhh shoot. >_<;

I couldn't find the folder it was in (I might of accidentally deleted it) and the only one left was in my actual career directory in TextureReplacer, and then I deleted it cause my game was crashing too much so I got rid of alot of mods and then I realised it's gone. :(

Sorry about that, I'll try and make a new, better one as soon as possible! :)

That's fineness. Thanks for looking though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! A little update on Galileo.. Hes dealing with some person stuff right now and will be away for awhile. Dont worry hes coming back! He personally told me to tell you guys because he felt you should know! :D 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Synthesis said:

I couldn't find the answer in a search, so I might as well ask: is the sun flare effect--which I really enjoy--intentionally absent from the tracking room? Or is that a bug on my end?

Works fine in the game though. 

its scatterer. its been like that for ages but a fix is coming 

43 minutes ago, Galileo said:

its scatterer. its been like that for ages but a fix is coming 

Ah, that would make sense--thank you! 

I'm also trying to find examples to compare the different effects--mostly I want to determine which effect most blocks out the original yellow sun. 

• 4 weeks later...

i cant seem to install this properly, when i put the scatterer folder in my gamedata, it just removes sunflares from the game. ive gone into the original scatterer and modified ghost3 (to nyan cat cause why not) i does not show. if the pngs are changed or modified and even having the same name in the same place, it just disappears. (got it working, nvm, but i did get some interesting results with that cat) http://imgur.com/a/UppNF

Edited by Not Sure

4 minutes ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

Just wondering if this is normal, but the sunflare appears to be a tad off center; I think I can still see the vanilla sunflare to the right. See the link below for an image:

https://postimg.org/image/stmode3oj/

yeah some of them are.. you can credit that to my laziness when i made these. I plan on scrapping most of these and rebuilding them soon

UPDATE

v1.7.1

• All new high resolution (5k) sun flares.
  • White, Yellow, Blue and Red sunflares
  • Some are a WIP but still look ok

Yes, the download is much larger than previous versions. I will release a 2k version when my eyes aren't falling out of my head due to exhaustion.

If you like an old sun flare better, download 1.6 and just swap out the textures

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Galileo

On 2/16/2017 at 4:25 AM, Galileo said:

UPDATE

v1.7.1

• All new high resolution (5k) sun flares.
  • White, Yellow, Blue and Red sunflares
  • Some are a WIP but still look ok

Yes, the download is much larger than previous versions. I will release a 2k version when my eyes aren't falling out of my head due to exhaustion.

If you like an old sun flare better, download 1.6 and just swap out the textures

DOWNLOAD

Download link not functional for me :/

No they shouldn't be, look inside the cfg included with the sunflares and copy over the flareSettings and the spikesSettings. There are three values (x,x,x)  The first value is the intensity should be at least 0.55. That's what I'm using and will include with GPP in the future

i just looked at what is currently bundled with GPP and that should be fine unless you changed that value before. Currently in GPP that first value is 0.6

Edited by Galileo

Yellow 4 with config adjusted to...

//sunFlare.png
flareSettings = 0.7,1,0.2

//sunSpikes.png
spikesSettings = 0.4,1,0.3

DnI94zL.jpg

Not bad, for saying we're out at Tellumo's 3.2x range here :)  Though with Ciro set to 3.2x diameter so... I literally have no idea if that means it's going to be at standard viewing scale or not. Either way, nice and bright and sunly!

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

wzmAw75.png

Me training from a Munlanding, with Yellow 3 sunflare

Just wanted to say thanks, spent most of evening trying new sunflares, it is so awesome with the rest of your mods too. Thanks it added that extra flare In needed :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

@GalileoIf you are still planing to add sunflares, what about something like this?

Hide contents

sunfromspace_c.jpg

robotoverhorizon.jpg.560x0_q80_crop-smar1eUkXr6.jpg

I'd like to try maybe make one myself (I have plenty of free time) but I can't find good instructions

I have the assets to make something like that but I never included one that looked like that. 

I suggest just looking at how others did it and try replicating it and testing it. That's what I did. Sun flares are very easy to make 

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.