Courage and stupidity

2 minutes ago, luinux said:

Will those two stats get some real gameplay meaning at some point in the near future? Will we see more stats added to kerbals?

Well, it affects their facial animations/reactions when certain things are happening, like explosions, high speeds, entering space, etc...

Honestly, aside from that I don't see it ever being expanded on as I don't think Squad wants to move any further into "The Sims" territory.

It's pretty much just a joke about how you need to be either really stupid or really brave to be an astronaut in KSP.

2 hours ago, luinux said:

Will those two stats get some real gameplay meaning at some point in the near future? Will we see more stats added to kerbals?

I really hope no.

If there's any more people management added I'll have to abandon career mode forever :/

I'm into engineering, not HR ...

15 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

I really hope no.

If there's any more people management added I'll have to abandon career mode forever :/

I'm into engineering, not HR ...

Don't you mean KR?

On one hand, the idea of picking smarter scientists and braver pilots (Which I do anyway) for a minor bonus sounds fun. On the other hand, my lead scientist being the dumbest rock for the next few terameters is kinda funny and very kerbal.

I think it'd be better as either a mod or as an option, if at all.

On 5/4/2016 at 6:34 AM, luinux said:

Doubtful.  I think their entire value seems to be comedic.  Which, really isn't much.

Edited by klgraham1013

I thought it may be a better idea to have the 'profession' linked to the traits rather than the name as I think it's done now. 

Randomised to ensure variety, but weighted along these sort of lines...

Higher bravery and stupidity more common for pilots.

Lower stupidity and bravery more common for scientists.

Medium on both more common for engineers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.