Fix the forum

Nich

It drive me nuts that i have to scroll down to the most recent post.  When I click on a topic it should automatically take me to the latest post.  Not sure if squad has control over this but every other messaging board I use does this nicely.

The star or dot icon in "All Activity" does this. It took me a while to notice that it goes to a different post than the title link next to it (which opens the specific post listed in All Activity, skipping the other unread ones). I don't know whether this is available in other views.

T3q1dBL.png

I'm more frustrated with the "rich" editor that really doesn't do what I want to do, especially when combining or splitting quotes.

Please let us have a plain text editor where we can write our own BBcode markup.

Just now, Stoney3K said:

I'm more frustrated with the "rich" editor that really doesn't do what I want to do.

Yeah, that. This editor is incredibly frustrating, and it doesn't work at all well on mobile. But hey, it's been said a bunch of times by various people and nothing has changed, so... :huh:

Thread about the forum moved to the Kerbal Network.

Clicking the star or circle to the left of the title will bring you to the oldest unread post, clicking the timestamp under the username on the right will take you to the last post in the thread.

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

The star or dot icon in "All Activity" does this. It took me a while to notice that it goes to a different post than the title link next to it (which opens the specific post listed in All Activity, skipping the other unread ones). I don't know whether this is available in other views.

T3q1dBL.png

It SHOULD take you to the oldest new post in that thread since your last visit. Unfortunately this is not always the case. Especially in threads with a lot of images it does indeed take you to the correct post for a fraction of a second. But then it starts to load the images, pushing the new post way, way down. Sometimes it pushes the new post more than 10 posts down. Very annoying. And even more annoying that I mentioned this about half a year ago and nothing has been down about it.

On 5/4/2016 at 9:06 AM, Tex_NL said:

It SHOULD take you to the oldest new post in that thread since your last visit. Unfortunately this is not always the case. Especially in threads with a lot of images it does indeed take you to the correct post for a fraction of a second. But then it starts to load the images, pushing the new post way, way down. Sometimes it pushes the new post more than 10 posts down. Very annoying. And even more annoying that I mentioned this about half a year ago and nothing has been down about it.

It did that with the old forum too.  Sometimes I find it fixes it if you don't tab over to the thread with lots of images until it's fully loaded.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist
Double post

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.