Graphic enhancements

Let me ask this noob question,

i took a look at the awesome screenshots of those mods, installed them rightaway, fired KSP up and... didn't see much of it ?! The space center view looks the same, water looks awesome when close but usually i am not. Mountains in the west look the same (from KSC), did fly around a bit and the ground looked the same. From my space station the city lights looked kind of weird and the landmass still had some LoD roughness. Also the clouds didnt look as nice as in the screenshots.

Is there some other mod that i need to install to "improve" the results ? AFAIK i have the important ones installed, like moduleManager and my rig runs DX11 64bit, no issues.

35 minutes ago, NikkyD said:

i deleted all mods before starting up 1.1, so everything is fresh. (should be)

I mean remove the mods you tried to install, then get CKAN, open that up, select the mods you want, and click "Apply Changes". That should install them correctly.

I just use plain EVE stock configs with the alpha A option (more clouds), PlanetSide, Distant Object Enhancement, TextureReplacer, and RealPlume.  Still waiting on updates for CollisionFX and CoolRockets.

Sadly Astronomer's was the only pack that I thought was a real improvement over Stock EVE.  SVE would be much better if it would work without Scatterer, but because of that pre-requisite I'd rather just use stock EVE configs.

Edited by Alshain

14 hours ago, Alshain said:

SVE would be much better if it would work without Scatterer, but because of that pre-requisite I'd rather just use stock EVE configs.

Scatterer is optional for SVE, it's not a dependency. SVE doesn't even change Scatterer's default configs.

16 hours ago, nanobot said:

I'd like to give 6.4x scaling a try -- does somebody know if "Stock Visual Enhancements + Scatterer + Planetshine + Distant Object Enhancement" works there?

Works pretty well for me now :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.