Stockalike Kliper Spacecraft.

DMSP

Hi Modders!

It's probably been busy updating mods since 1.1, 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 came out, but I think that a Stockalike Kilper would be a good mod to have in the update coming up.

There have been a few Kliper mods but nothing stockalike.

It could be added on to a mod pack like Tantares.

%D0%9A%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80_Inf

Thanks for reading this short post. I think many would appreciate this.

Edited by DMSP

1 hour ago, DMSP said:

It could be added on to a mod pack like Tantares

have you looked? Beale had it in the pack at one point but it got put on hold due to struggles with aerodynamics I believe.

Just now, cxg2827 said:

have you looked? Beale had it in the pack at one point but it got put on hold due to struggles with aerodynamics I believe.

Yes, I remember that, but it's been quite a few versions since then. Maybe a remake would be possible. I'll ask Beale.

• 3 weeks later...

@DMSP I'm working on the Kliper as we speak. I solved the lifting issues in the new Aero of 1.0 and it now glides like a dream. I'm working on the Orbital module, LAS module, and tweaking the actual Kliper with RCS ports for docking and etc. I've let Beale know I'm working on it and they've given their blessing to do this as a standalone mod. I'll post more progress and I get it into releasable shape.

Edited by Daelkyr

3 minutes ago, Daelkyr said:

@DMSP It is the Tantares Kliper that Beale worked on.

That is so awesome, firstly because that must be hard to work on, and secondly because I have been using the Kliper in my story! It works ok, the worst part being Landing. Thank you for taking this up.

Okay! I've been futzing with IVA all afternoon. And @Beale was an amazing help with that. Here is a very alpha of the Lynx (Kliper) spacecraft and it's textureless Orbital Maneuvering System module and Launch Abort System Module. The actual lifting body work seems to be spot on. When launching this thing into orbit, locking onto prograde when you start your gravity turn helps smooth out issues. When performing re-entry, set periapsis to around 30 km and make sure your AoA is at or around 30 degrees. Let me know what needs work. I'm going to start working on texturing the other two parts and then maybe we'll get to a proper release.

If you want the Soyuz Habitat Module and Docking Port, download Tantares. I've included the props from that mod I used for IVA in my download so you don't have to if you don't want to .

VERY ALPHA Lynx 0.0.1

PdbLVBl.png

8 hours ago, Daelkyr said:

Okay! I've been futzing with IVA all afternoon. And @Beale was an amazing help with that. Here is a very alpha of the Lynx (Kliper) spacecraft and it's textureless Orbital Maneuvering System module and Launch Abort System Module. The actual lifting body work seems to be spot on. When launching this thing into orbit, locking onto prograde when you start your gravity turn helps smooth out issues. When performing re-entry, set periapsis to around 30 km and make sure your AoA is at or around 30 degrees. Let me know what needs work. I'm going to start working on texturing the other two parts and then maybe we'll get to a proper release.

VERY ALPHA Lynx 0.0.1

PdbLVBl.png

You have done a great job of finishing what I could not, really nice work.

I look forward to see the new parts you have created in the light.

On May 21, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Daelkyr said:

@DMSP I've let Beale know I'm working on it and they've given their blessing to do this as a standalone mod.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm assuming it will be a Standalone release?

Reading FTW :) 

@CobaltWolf There is plans to make this a standalone release. I'm working hard right now to understand how to texture. This will be my second mod release and once again I'm building on the backs of giants (Beale and Benjee10). Having Beale's .psd files is like a master class on texture layering and I want my Orbital and LAS modules to look somewhere within spitting distance like they belong with that beautiful Kliper capsule. When I get those two parts finished, I'll go ahead and post up to the Release thread. I hope you like what's been done so far.

11 hours ago, Daelkyr said:

If you want the Soyuz Habitat Module and Docking Port, download Tantares. I've included the props from that mod I used for IVA in my download so you don't have to if you don't want to .

VERY ALPHA Lynx 0.0.1

PdbLVBl.png

I'm just wondering, do you think you could shove another seat in the front? How many can the Lynx seat in total?

Just 2 seems a bit small.

1 minute ago, DMSP said:

I'm just wondering, do you think you could shove another seat in the front? How many can the Lynx seat in total?

Just 2 seems a bit small.

The Lynx can hold three kerbals. There is a second passenger seat next to Bill. I just put Bob in back to show what it would look like "lived in".

On 5/27/2016 at 11:00 PM, Daelkyr said:

Holy Crap!!! Actually texturing is HARD!!! I don't know how folkslike @Beale and @CobaltWolf do it.

2 Years of progress, my textures now are nothing special, but improved.

4d9e384b21.jpg
68cb11c18c.jpg
bf21a8f95a.jpg
a82cf0bc3c.jpg
f38939027f.jpg
10d22e140a.jpg
72960b17ab.jpg
2536d25514.jpg
d3ebc90638.jpg
aaf3d4f944.jpg
4611d1eb90.jpg
ee927cb037.jpg
efa08c0d39.jpg
d85ec2fea7.jpg
2e36db57ae.jpg

Look first at stock textures, then imitate them.

e1aece6206.jpg

Edited by Beale

On 5/27/2016 at 6:00 PM, Daelkyr said:

Holy Crap!!! Actually texturing is HARD!!! I don't know how folkslike @Beale and @CobaltWolf do it.

(I'm back) I'd be more than happy to send you some of my texture files, critique what you have (if you send me models + textures) or even touch up an area of the texture and send the PSD back so you can see what I did.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.