Planes with 45 science tecnology

Hi,

I am thinking about how to ask this... my English is not so good as I wish... I try with very short and concise questions...

Is able to build a plane just with the 45 science cost technology? I am not able to conect the fuel container, the air intake and the jet engine...

I need some guidelines to build a plane; I don't need a tutorial about how planes works, I found several here in this forum; I need a 'how to step by step' in order to build an easy one. I am not able even to join the tail to the fuselaje with the elements of that technology...

Lots of thanks.

Jets will take fuel from all tanks regardless of connections, so don't need to be directly connected to the tank.  similarly with air intakes, they don't have to be on the same part as the engine.

Not got a screenshot but a basic design I used recently had a Mk1 cockpit, Science Junior, and the conical fuselage/tail piece on the centreline, the one moveable tailplane part I had used as vertical and horizontal tails (ie 3 of them on the back of the conical thing), and for power I mounted a small jet fuel tank on each wingtip with a juno and air intake on each.  Single steerable wheel on the tail and the longer fixed gear under the body for a taildragger design.

If you have a bigger engine like the wheesley available you need one on the centreline, but then only have the small intakes so still need the small tanks to fit them on.  This was built for a contract to test the wheesley and some parachutes before I'd unlocked the wheesley, showing that you can get some pretty unconventional designs to fly.  the side pods are empty fuel tanks, with all the fuel being in the wing tip tanks, which have intakes front and back (the rear facing intakes don't produce any air but should reduce drag.

zEYJEjo.png

Edited by RizzoTheRat

This plane is easy. Canard wing designs are easy. You can replace the girders with an empty fuel tank, or one or two "Science Jr"s. (The fuel tank on this one is half full, to reduce weight.)

basic_jet.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.