Reverting to previous version?

There are a lot of people complaining about the 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 updates for a lot of reasons, and everybody knows this by now, so I won't reiterate their complaints.

Instead, I have a simple question; having installed 1.1.2 and deleted my files from 1.0.5, is it possible for me to install 1.0.5 again, or are the required files not offered by steam or directly from Squad?

I'm more than happy to keep playing 1.0.5 until 1.1.x is stable, but I've exhausted the replay value of the unmodded game and I don't expect a modded install to be stable for some time. While I run a modded install, my question can be answered irrespective of the mods I have installed or will install if I can reinstall 1.0.5, so I've posted it here.

6 hours ago, NaturalHeadphone said:

Did you download from steam or the squad page?

If your using steam try going to the 'previous stable release' via properties tab. If this does not work, do you have any back ups? Not sure what it is like with the squad release as I don't have it.

The previous "stable" release from Steam appears to be 1.1.2, because that is what I'm set to in the properties tab and Steam updated the game to 1.1.2. Unfortunately, no backups :(

5 hours ago, sal_vager said:

For Squad store customers you will find a previous release on the Squad store page, which is currently version 1.0.5

Is it possible to get this from the Squad store as a Steam customer without re-purchasing the game?

6 hours ago, Pugachev's Apprentice said:

The previous "stable" release from Steam appears to be 1.1.2, because that is what I'm set to in the properties tab and Steam updated the game to 1.1.2. Unfortunately, no backups :(

Is it possible to get this from the Squad store as a Steam customer without re-purchasing the game?

I just tested this, and the previous stable release on Steam for me is 1.0.5, build 1028.

From the buildID.txt file.

build id = 01028
2015-11-10_18-03-24
Branch: master

Make sure you are on "Previous - Previous stable release" and not on the pre-release branch, and you may have to delete KSP to force a full reinstall.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.