[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

It turns out the copy/paste you posted has the exact same contents as the file I was referring to, the only difference was the file name (RemoteTechVanillaDSN.cfg instead of RTDSN.cfg). I would suggest either adding this to the front page with the file name you gave me, or submit it as a hotfix. I am using the CKAN version of the mod.

Edited by elanachan

18 hours ago, elanachan said:

It turns out the copy/paste you posted has the exact same contents as the file I was referring to, the only difference was the file name (RemoteTechVanillaDSN.cfg instead of RTDSN.cfg). I would suggest either adding this to the front page with the file name you gave me, or submit it as a hotfix. I am using the CKAN version of the mod.

Erm, I made up both RemoteTechVanillaDSN and RTDSN names because the filename itself does not matter because ModuleManager only looks inside the cfg (@RemoteTechSettings).

Now, I realise I forgot one very important thing in my previous post. Currently, RT loads your RT settings from your own save folder and ignores the starting RT settings built from the various cfgs, included the cfg of extra ground stations. To force your RT to take these starting settings, open the RT Option window in the space center scene and go to the Presets tab to click the button there. The ground stations should be included into your play session.

Sorry for not mentioning this thing before!

Thanks for this mod, just got it again since I couldn't stand the stock comm system anymore.

I don't use many mods and I like my modulemanager stuff to be as straight forward as possible (It's some kind of "tick" I guess...) so I compressed the config needed for stock game and decluttered it to my liking.

Now I only need to have:

- Default_Settings

- And the file I created "RemoteTech_Stock"

I combined the cfgs wich are needed for the stock game (RemoteTech_Tech_Node, *_Squad_Probes, *_Squad_Antennas and *_Antennas) and made it totally unmodular and not using any :For or [*] or else.

Someone who plays stock, knows what he's doing and has a tick like me might find this usefull so I got it to my github, just in case.

I left all names in the cfg because I just recompiled it and didn't actually write it, so credit goes to them!

ModuleManager-Patches/RemoteTech_Stock.cfg

8 hours ago, rottielover said:

Could someone point me in the correct direction?   I installed RT via ckan, and FASA, but none of the FASA antenna's work with Remote Tech.  Is there a MM patch someplace for this?

The RT mod has its two own MM patches for FASA, RemoteTech_FASA_Antennas.cfg and RemoteTech_FASA_Probes.cfg, which should work on your computer. But they are last updated in 2015 and I see the FASA mod is not updated since KSP 1.0, besides the community patches supplied. You may want to post a question to the FASA thread to ask about any recent change in community FASA patches prevent the RT's FASA patches from working.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've played and I'm getting set up to start again.  Has anyone come up with ground station scripts for the additions in 1.2?  I checked back several pages and couldn't find any.  I can do it, but it sure would save me some time if they already existed.

Edited by Alshain

5 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've played and I'm getting set up to start again.  Has anyone come up with ground station scripts for the additions in 1.2?  I checked back several pages and couldn't find any.  I can do it, but it sure would save me some time if they already existed.

Do you mean this? It's few posts up from yours and hidden in the spoiler tag.

1 minute ago, maja said:

Do you mean this? It's few posts up from yours and hidden in the spoiler tag.

Oh, duh. I wasn't looking at spoiler tags, I was looking for code windows.  Thanks

Edited by Alshain

I use Coatl Aerospace with a RT-config but I can control the probecores directly without any delay. The config has entries like:

@PART[torekka]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
    }

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive]
    {
        %TechRequired = unmannedTech
        %OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER
        {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 15.0
        }
    }
}

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

I use Coatl Aerospace with a RT-config but I can control the probecores directly without any delay. The config has entries like:

Hi, can you post your output_log.txt  as per Log section of bug-report guidelines? I need to see your logs if the EnableSignalDelay setting is False.

EnableSignalDelay is true because when I do some experiments I have a Delay. Also when I start a command with the RT-FlightComputer. Can SETIRebalance or Unmanned before manned occure this issue?

21 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

EnableSignalDelay is true because when I do some experiments I have a Delay. Also when I start a command with the RT-FlightComputer. Can SETIRebalance or Unmanned before manned occure this issue?

Yup, the SETI RemoteTechConfig v1.2.2.0 sets EnableSignalDelay to false. Do you have this optional config?

No, not current. I had it some time ago and enabled SignalDelay in this config. I use the original Remote-Tech config. I added only some Groundstations in it.

Edited by Cheesecake

20 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

No, not current. I had it some time ago and enabled SignalDelay in this config. I use the original Remote-Tech config. I added only some Groundstations in it.

:-/ then, I need your output_log.txt to see what else was going on.

Hi first I came from spacedock and had to take a detour over the old thread. And second I just wanted to ask how things look performance wise when you build bigger networks?

Does it take alot of my precious cpu time?

cheers

On 5/10/2017 at 5:44 PM, maculator said:

Hi first I came from spacedock and had to take a detour over the old thread. And second I just wanted to ask how things look performance wise when you build bigger networks?

Does it take alot of my precious cpu time?

cheers

Honestly, even with some optimizations (cache, arithmetic shortcuts and logical rules etc), implemented in the RT codebase, the computational basics of network edges and nodes are still unchanged. At a minimum, for n nodes and m connections of a network, every connection (distance, angle, body occluder) between two nodes is tested at every CPU-physic frame (not graphical frame). This gives you a O(n+m) time complexity for this task, meaning the CPU-demand growth is linear when your network grows (which is good). 

So, it will consume a lot of your CPU time when your network is big.

On 7.5.2017 at 3:17 PM, TaxiService said:

:-/ then, I need your output_log.txt to see what else was going on.

Here is my output_log.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12496618/output_log.txt.html

Toggle RCS, SAS or using Experiments has a delay. But I can directly control the probe and the engines.

Edited by Cheesecake

I have a suggestion for the Flight Computer:

A setting (would be something new for the Flight Computer) for the "Hold maneuver prograde advice" to be toggled between

• default (3 min)
  • manual (enter something)
  • automatic - calculated by the torque with an equation like
    sum of the torque of active reaction wheels in kN = torque
    total mass of vessel in tons = mass
    part count of vessel = parts
    actual  orbit velocity in m/s = dV
  • time to stop warp prior burn begins in seconds = s
    s = torque / mass * parts * e / pi^ (parts / mass) * sqr(dV)

I'm not taking RCS thrust in count because rotating with RCS can misalign the node too much.

I just try the equation by myself, it's very intuitive and spontaneous:

Let's say the vessel goes with 600 m/s got 267 parts when in Orbit, weights 230 tons and the reaction wheels sum up to 10 kN of torque ...

10 / 230 * 267 * e / pi^ ( 267 / 230 ) * sqr(600) = 204.6 seconds

^Wolfram says

No this is borked, doesn't work...

I have to think about it a little deeper, but the idea is that not only the mass / torque counts, also the size in parts and the velocity - should be more time for a slower movement then ...

Edited by Gordon Dry
Nope, have to think some more about it, I'm getting tired

20 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Here is my output_log.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12496618/output_log.txt.html

Toggle RCS, SAS or using Experiments has a delay. But I can directly control the probe and the engines.

Many thanks for uploading your output_txt file!

The 'RemoteTech.cfg' in 'GameData\Coatl Aerospace\ProbesPlus\Compatibility' indicates that only four out of the Coatl probe cores (Quetzal, Torekka, Barquetta and Tatsujin) are patched with RemoteTech processor. As such, all the other probe cores are never patched to utilise RemoteTech functionality like this local control of the 'Fomalhaut' Lander Probe below.

tt3DV7J.png

Given the Coatl mod is in beta stage, it is likely that some parts, included the antennas parts) are not patched for RemoteTech yet. You could post a notice on the Coatl's probe cores in the Coatl thread.

Edited by TaxiService

Hi I love this mod but have a couple of questions:

1. I can control my probes even when the connection is RED.  Is this normal?  I feel like I shouldnt be able to!
  2. I have Outer Planets Mod - is there anything I should be considering for this given the massive distances for these planets?

Thanks!

@TaxiService

Thank you for your help. But the problem is: I used Quetzal, Torekka, Barquetta and Tatsujin. I never used the Formalhaut-Probe yet. I tested with a Stock-Probecore (Okto) and had the same problem. Delay ist ~15 seconds but I can control it with no delay.

Edited by Cheesecake

4 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

@TaxiService

Thank you for your help. But the problem is: I used Quetzal, Torekka, Barquetta and Tatsujin. I never used the Formalhaut-Probe yet. I tested with a Stock-Probecore (Okto) and had the same problem. Delay ist ~15 seconds but I can control it with no delay.

I tested the KSP 1.2.2 with RT latest develop, DMagicScienceAnimate, Coatl Aerospace and Firespitter and verified the delay is present when controlling the probe core (WASD keys or setting wheel slider) or engine. I think one mod in your mod list is interfering in RT's control line but I can't find any obvious mod there. Do you have some ideas on which mod?

6 hours ago, funkcanna said:

Hi I love this mod but have a couple of questions:

1. I can control my probes even when the connection is RED.  Is this normal?  I feel like I shouldnt be able to!
  2. I have Outer Planets Mod - is there anything I should be considering for this given the massive distances for these planets?

Thanks!

1. Is this cheat option enabled in yours?

pM4aOB6.png

2. If I recall correctly, Outer Planets Mod already has its own RemoteTech config to boast the antennas' ranges by a lot. You should be able to play nicely in Outer Planets with RT. Enjoy!

31 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

I tested the KSP 1.2.2 with RT latest develop, DMagicScienceAnimate, Coatl Aerospace and Firespitter and verified the delay is present when controlling the probe core (WASD keys or setting wheel slider) or engine. I think one mod in your mod list is interfering in RT's control line but I can't find any obvious mod there. Do you have some ideas on which mod?

1. Is this cheat option enabled in yours?

pM4aOB6.png

2. If I recall correctly, Outer Planets Mod already has its own RemoteTech config to boast the antennas' ranges by a lot. You should be able to play nicely in Outer Planets with RT. Enjoy!

Ah yes the cheat was enabled.  I though that was only to allow actually activating the Antennas, not full control.  Ill turn it off, thanks!

No, I have no idea. I searched in every .cfg in my GameDta but found nothing.