[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

2 hours ago, crixtl said:

so, hi, i been playing the remote tech since ever, now i want to change to 1.2.1 and try to still play my old save, so few question (i hope they can be aswered whit yes and no) 1- All the remote tech antenas still there? 2-My craft in the save will have the increased range due the new mechanic of signals in 1.2.1?; 3- i have see in the Default Settings .cfg that this disable the commnet, how much it disable it?. i will realy apresiate the aswers , have a good flight :) 

PS: Sorry if this question have been already asked, but i didn't read all the pages.

One-word answers:
1) Yes
2) No
3) Everything

Long answers:
1) We still keep the RT antennas in both 1.8.0 and incoming release 1.8.1.
2) I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't see anything about KSP 1.2.1's signal mechanism.
3) When the CommNet is disabled, everything of the CommNet is hidden, except for the zero-functionality stock antennas. We are going to make the stock antennas usable in the next release RT 1.8.1.

8 hours ago, TaxiService said:

One-word answers:
1) Yes
2) No
3) Everything

Long answers:
1) We still keep the RT antennas in both 1.8.0 and incoming release 1.8.1.
2) I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't see anything about KSP 1.2.1's signal mechanism.
3) When the CommNet is disabled, everything of the CommNet is hidden, except for the zero-functionality stock antennas. We are going to make the stock antennas usable in the next release RT 1.8.1.

Ho great, thaks!

So just to confirm, the RT antennas will be deprecated in 1.8.1 and will not be brought back in subsequent releases? So if i start a career with 1.8.1 using only stock antennas, i should be able to continue that save and update rt further in the future no problems?

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:06 PM, neitsa said:

@chrisl : It is very hard to do something with just the information that you provided (although your bug report is quite detailed). A complete bug report (logs, persistent save, etc.) would help, otherwise I'm afraid we can't do anything... This is probably related to issue #667 (which seems to be related to R0 or RP-0), but we don't have a complete bug report for it, so if you could do one, that would really help us to chase this bug down.

Thanks a lot :)

Note: feel free to post a new issue on our github (or maybe here, although keeping track of things on the forum is a nightmare) and not necessarily on issue #667.

Looking at #667, it seems very likely that is the same problem I'm experiencing.

I've uploaded a save and output_log.txt to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dnfvzjv6d9i6dxr/AAAzQu-R1-TLfQfjgmqz266Fa?dl=0  The save should focus in on a satellite named "Transit 1 - DeltaA" which is currently over the south pole.  If you press 2, that'll pull a Telemetry Analysis (which is already fully researched) and an Orbital Perturbations (which is not researched).  Select to transmit the Orbital Perturbation data.  It'll count up to 100%, then after a second or two it'll report as "Done" but if you look at the total research, it hasn't changed (it's at 90.9 before transmission and after) and if you hit 2 again, you'll find that Orbital Perturbation still isn't researched.  You'll get the same results if you actually right click on the Orbital Perturbation part (currently on the "bottom" of the satellite) and select the "Record Perturbation Data" option.

The one thing I notice in the output log is:
RemoteTech: [Transmitter]: Uploading Data... (Gravity Scan from space just above Earth's Poles) - 1.33 Mits/sec. Packets to go: 24 - Files to Go: 0

There are several lines similar to that, just with the "Packets to go" getting smaller.  But all the lines list "Files to Go: 0".  Not sure if that should be 1 since the research is still being transmitted or not, but it's the only thing that popped out at me.

Anyway, hopefully the files found at the dropbox link I provided can help resolve the issue.  I'll also see about adding these details to #667.

Ok, not sure what's going on but I get 'no connection' with any antenna (Communitron 16,Reflectatron DP-10, or the A55S hoop antenna) on the launch pad. All are on, have power, and (C-16) are extended... this is with both the stayputnick and the Avionics package from UKI's sounding rockets. I'm using Galileo's planet pack but there is def. an omni antenna at the space center :S Any ideas? 

On 11/12/2016 at 4:19 AM, NotAgain said:

Will the next update allow you to use RT antennas instead of stock ones for "launch a probe that has an antenna and can generate power" contracts?

Sorry, the next update only makes the stock antennas readable for RT's codes to use. Our RT antennas are not antenna type to KSP's viewpoint (just normal parts to KSP). We need to redo all RT antennas as KSP's antennas for RT 2.0 since CommNet became a thing and the stock antennas have cfg codes we want to base on.

9 hours ago, Alkem said:

Ok, not sure what's going on but I get 'no connection' with any antenna (Communitron 16,Reflectatron DP-10, or the A55S hoop antenna) on the launch pad. All are on, have power, and (C-16) are extended... this is with both the stayputnick and the Avionics package from UKI's sounding rockets. I'm using Galileo's planet pack but there is def. an omni antenna at the space center :S Any ideas? 

I believe you are using the stock antennas that have no functionality for RT 1.8.0 (just straight port to KSP 1.2). Cheer up, we got it covered in the next release.

Edited by TaxiService

6 hours ago, TaxiService said:

For those players still reading our RemoteTech manual's antenna parts, the whole content was revised and beautified. Enjoy!

P.S. The RT functionality for those stock antennas is still in the coming RT 1.8.1.

Nice. Only thing missing in tables is antenna mass(important info for space craft and dV) for better comparison which one is better(more effective) for given task. Mass still can be found down in page along with picture and full description of antenna, but it is hard to list page back and forth if you want to make some comparison.

Just a suggestion, looks nice otherwise.

8 hours ago, TaxiService said:

For those players still reading our RemoteTech manual's antenna parts, the whole content was revised and beautified. Enjoy!

P.S. The RT functionality for those stock antennas is still in the coming RT 1.8.1.

Thanks for your Feedback and hard work, to make this game more realistic. Actually I´m looking 2 times per day in this thread and on ckan. If it is released the new version i can begin my adventure (career).

14 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Nice. Only thing missing in tables is antenna mass(important info for space craft and dV) for better comparison which one is better(more effective) for given task. Mass still can be found down in page along with picture and full description of antenna, but it is hard to list page back and forth if you want to make some comparison.

Just a suggestion, looks nice otherwise.

I got your request covered. Previously, I took the masses out because all are less than 1 ton, too light to compare.

Edited by TaxiService

2 hours ago, TaxiService said:

I got your request covered. Previously, I took the masses out because all are less than 1 ton, too light to compare.

Thanks. It is not only for me, I thought it will be more helpful for @Yemo for gamebalance. Antenna mass is not so much important for large crafts, but is of high importance if you build tiny probes early in career for DNS relays.

Thanks again for all effort taken in creating and keeping alive this mod.

On 11/18/2016 at 4:17 AM, TaxiService said:

Thanks for updating that page! Can I suggest a similar update to the Root Range Model Appendix?

Having trouble with turning off signal delay.

EnableSignalDelay is "= false" in the Default Settings file and yet it's not off in the game, I can feel my Minmus probe's actions lagging one second behind my control input. This doesn't happen on Kerbin.

On 11/5/2016 at 3:43 PM, neitsa said:

So, we need a little bit more than a simple description: a complete bug report would really help us; at least : logs + saves + mod list as explained here.

I have no output log file at the location described: Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)

http://i.imgur.com/9spby7o.jpg

My mods:

http://i.imgur.com/tnV3EKH.jpg

6 minutes ago, ROXunreal said:

Having trouble with turning off signal delay.

EnableSignalDelay is "= false" in the Default Settings file and yet it's not off in the game, I can feel my Minmus probe's actions lagging one second behind my control input. This doesn't happen on Kerbin.

I have no output log file at the location described: Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)

http://i.imgur.com/9spby7o.jpg

My mods:

http://i.imgur.com/tnV3EKH.jpg

Yup, RT's setting component was broken (ignoring whatever changes in your settings). This is fixed in our coming release 1.8.1.

lbn2t3a.png

RemoteTech 1.8.1 for KSP 1.2.1 released

neitsa, TaxiService and yamori.yuki are proud to release RemoteTech 1.8.1 to public! 

Big things:
KSP's stock antennas are usable!
RemoteTech actually follows your save settings (like signal delay)!
Our manual on antennas is updated!
Flight Computer is improved in some ways, included the option to turn off!

Complete changelog is below (include future plans and a warning):

Spoiler

What's New?
===========

* Updated for KSP 1.2.1 (should work on KSP 1.2.0)
* Removed "Addon controller" support (deprecated addon). [#237]
* Flight computer can now issue an Attitude "Off" command after other commands. [#530]
* Module fields are now delayed by RT (if delay is enabled). [#587]
    ** See Warning / Known issues
* Completely reworked the way RT settings are loaded (added a new option to revert to the default settings). [#624]
* Completely revised and beautified the RemoteTech wiki's antenna parts. [#635]
    ** See https://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/guide/parts
* USI Karibou Rover support for RemoteTech: many thanks to RoverDude, Vranir and Li0n-0 for making this patch. [#637]
* Updated torque calculation in the flight computer. [#643]
* Configuration file for station cores from Stockalike Station Parts Expansion. [#656]
* Fixed an old bug when science didn't transmit correctly despite UI displaying that 100% was transmitted. [#667; #675]
* Now possible to use "Jump to ship" in a KAC alarm set by RT. [#676]
* "Aim Camera" advanced tweakable in no more delayed by RT. [#682]
* Setting a maneuver node doesn't result in NRE spamming. [#685]
* Fixed a problem with RT and dmagic / Universal Storage parts. [#686]
* The RT debug window doesn't spam NRE under some circumstances. [#688]
* All stock antennas can be used with RT. [#690]
* Internal code cleanup.

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #237: Removed "Addon controller" support (deprecated Addon) [request by: Starstrider42]
* Issue #530: Inability to switch "mode" to "off" [requested by: rsparkyc]
* Issue #587: gimbal and thrust 'tweakables' available in flight with no connection [requested by: gnivler]
* Issue #603: Options window not blocking mouse wheel zooming at KSC [requested by: gnivler]
* Issue #624: Adding Ground Stations in the config file doesn't work [multiple requests]
* Issue #635: Communotron HG-55 is not listed on the RemoteTech wiki [requested by: ttencate]
* Issue #637: Karibou radial probe needs SPU [requested by: toric55]
* Issue #643: FC is overcompensating or even spinning out with RCS enabled but ports set to ignore rotation [requested by: jdmj]
* Issue #667: Antennas don't transmit science in 1.1.2 [requested by: Kyoyashi]
* Issue #675: Science often fails to transmit from L-Tech's Skylab [requested by: scatterlogical]
* Issue #676: Cannot use the "Jump to ship" in KAC alarms [requested by: petersohn]
* Issue #682: Aim camera action delayed [requested by: YamoriYuki]
* Issue #685: NRE spamming when setting a maneuver node [requested by: Torih]
* Issue #686: NRE Spam with Universal Storage or dmagic parts [requested by: Torih]
* Issue #688: GUIClips spam from the debug-tool window at KSC scene [requested by: KSP-TaxiService]
* Issue #690: Not all antennas work [requested by: esseivan]

Pull Requests
-------------

* PR #656: Stockalike Station Parts Expansion support [PR by: Darkenator]
* PR #689: Fixed the issue of the GUIClips spam [PR by: KSP-TaxiService]
* PR #691: RT config for new stock antennas [PR by: YamoriYuki]
* PR #694: Fixed the issue of any changes in RemoteTech_Settings.cfg being ignored [PR by: KSP-TaxiService]
* PR #695: Added the mechanism of preventing clicks and scrolling through various RT windows [PR by: KSP-TaxiService]
* PR #697: Minor fix to patch for issue #667. [PR by: neitsa]

Future
======

We are already moving to make the next RT major release. Issues and feedback are still welcome!

Next Major Release
------------------

Dubbed RT v2.x

* Current features will stay as is (probably with some tweaks) unless we receive
   different feedback from the community.
* We are currently gathering the feedback made on the forum and our bug tracker
   on GitHub to add feature requests to the 2.x branch.

Planned features
----------------

* More code cleanup: more speed, less garbage collection.

* RT will be built on top of CommNet.

* RT will be split into multiple packages (with compulsory RT-Core component), so players can choose what they want:
    - RT-Antennas             [Antenna pack: models + configs only; No code]
    - RT-FlightComputer  [Flight computer only]
    - RT-Delay                   [Delay feature only]

* Complete Flight Computer overhaul
    * Complete rework of the attitude control
    * New autopilot (on top of the stock autopilot)
    * Player can build a queue of commands before transmitting to a vessel (see CommandPlanner section below)
    * New trigger conditions (altitude, height, speed, etc) for commands

* Sub-components are still being discussed (Work in progress!)
    * ModularCommNetManipulator - APIs for third-party mods to add their codes to manipulate CommNet (eg
     OnNetworkPreUpdate or OnNetWorkPostUpdate)
    * TimedCommandManager - backend module to handle a queue of planned/sent commands
    * CommandPlanner: user interface for command objects
        1) schedule commands for a vessel by selecting from a list of vessel's parts and their actions
        2) build and edit the queue of commands before sending to the vessel (one delay for multiple commands)
        3) replace the existing queue with new queue transmitted
        4) attach an optional trigger condition to each command like extend landing gears only when terrain-altitude=10m
        5) timed and trigger (passive) commands
    * FlightComputer - allow player to instruct a vessel over a working connection (same but enhanced functionality)
        1) allow player to precisely control vessel's attitude in real time by clicking NODE/TARGET/NORMAL buttons etc
        2) strictly closed platform with a public APIs for internal RT calls and third-party mods to prevent an
            eventual scenario of FC being wired undesirably to everything in RT
        3) contain a queue of commands uploaded to read and execute accordingly (not editable?)
    * DelayManager - calculate information about signal delay between a vessel and KSC or another vessel
    * ModuleRTDeployableAntenna - subclass of KSP's ModuleDeployableAntenna module to
        add EC cost for active (stock and RT) antennas

* A new module:
    * RT-Viz  [Antenna range visualization, satellite groups, sorting, etc.]
    * An interface for the module's functions is yet to be determined. Add to the
       RT 4-button bar or as a launcher button?

Warning / Known issues
======================

* CommNet is disabled by default if RemoteTech is enabled.
    - CommNet can still be enabled alongside RemoteTech in the RT option window
    but this has not been tested.

* A word about module fields:
    * There's a known problem with some module (PartModule) fields.

- Quick problem overview:
        - When in flight if you right click a part it opens a context menu to
          change some part behaviors (technically fields or events in the part
          PartModule) for that part. The visual display of the change is also
          delayed, so players don't get a visual cue of what's happening
          directly and this might seem strange to have no visual feedback for
          the action that was requested.

- Example: sliding a slider on the contextual menu of a part with a big
    delay will not move the slider although the slide is actually taken care
    of internally by RT (the sliding action will be visible *once* the command
    delay is over).

- Technical explanation:
        - If RT delay is ON, getting a visual cue on the change is not possible
        directly as setting the value to be visible in the context menu will
        actually, set that value (immediately, without delay) thus defeating the
        purpose of the RT delay feature. Our current implementation takes care
        if the internal change but can't update the visual elements.

- Fix:
        We might be able to make something better, but only after the complete
        overhaul in RT 2.x branch.

Workarounds:
    - Sliders:
    If you want to set a slider value on a part (in Flight), the best you can do
    is to click on the desired location on the slider rather than sliding it
    (i.e. clicking in the middle of the slider will set it to 50%: you won't see
    the change immediately if the delay is big enough, just wait for the delay to
    expire.).  You can still slide the slider, but it will set a massive amount
    of commands in the flight computer.

- Cycle buttons (buttons that cycle though at least 3 options):
    Cycle buttons are delayed properly but the text on the context menu doesn't
    change. Close the menu and reopen it (after RT command has been executed) to
    see the change.

Of course, there are still some known issues like our Flight Computer does not utilise KSP's decent autopilot yet in place of legacy number-crunching codes.

If you find any bugs, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this github post.

Lastly, this is probably the last release of the 1.x branch and we are already working on the 2.x. We, however, will fix any urgent issue found in RT 1.x branch, that ruins your adventure.

Enjoy!

Edited by TaxiService

On 11/20/2016 at 2:43 AM, Booots said:

Thanks for updating that page! Can I suggest a similar update to the Root Range Model Appendix?

I updated the data table of the root range model but I don't like the fact that the table has to accommodate the seventeen antennas in rows and columns. I may need to think over if I need to split into smaller tables first.

P.S. I think I need to round up those values too to nearest hundreds/thousands. They are too distracting.

Edited by TaxiService

On 31.10.2016 at 5:25 PM, TaxiService said:

@Yemo I am letting you know in advance that I revised the RemoteTech's preset functionality (replace a player's current RT settings with a third-party mod's GameData/ExampleMod/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg). I took a look at your SETI RemoteTechConfig v1.0.9.0. All you need to update is use RT's Default_Settings.cfg as a base and add your ground stations there, and then wait for the next release of RT (1.8.1 I think) to release your SETI RT settings.

@tomek.piotrowski, @neitsa

I used the new RT 1.8.1 default config as a base for my SETIremoteTechConfig and ported over all the changes. Unfortunately none of the changes affect the settings when starting a new game.

Signal delay is still on, the additional ground stations are not displayed and so on. The SETIremoteTechConfig changes are simply ignored by RemoteTech.

//---This is the SETI config for RemoteTech, adding ground stations, setting signal delay to false and tweaking colors
//---Authors: Yemo
//---Contributions: frango9000
//---SETI forum thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/106130
//---RemoteTech forum thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83305

//---License (except for the names, ground station positions and the version file, which are AllRightsReserved): GPL version 2 (as RemoteTech itself): http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html

RemoteTechSettings
{
	RemoteTechEnabled = True
	CommNetEnabled = False
	ConsumptionMultiplier = 1
	RangeMultiplier = 1
	MissionControlRangeMultiplier = 1 
	ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2
	NoTargetGuid = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
	SpeedOfLight = 3E+08
	MapFilter = Omni, Cone, Path
	EnableSignalDelay = False
	RangeModelType = Standard
	MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0
	ThrottleTimeWarp = True
	ThrottleZeroOnNoConnection = True
	HideGroundStationsBehindBody = True
	ControlAntennaWithoutConnection = True
	UpgradeableMissionControlAntennas = False
	HideGroundStationsOnDistance = True
	ShowMouseOverInfoGroundStations = True
	AutoInsertKaCAlerts = True
	FCLeadTime = 180
	FCOffAfterExecute = False
	DistanceToHideGroundStations = 3E+06
	DishConnectionColor = 0.9960784,0.7019608,0.03137255,1
	OmniConnectionColor = 0.5529412,0.5176471,0.4078431,1
	ActiveConnectionColor = 0.6588235,1,0.01568628,1
	RemoteStationColorDot = 1,0,0,1
	GroundStations
	{
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
			Name = Mission Control
			Latitude = -0.131331503391266
			Longitude = -74.594841003418
			Height = 100
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+11
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc489
			Name = KSC Northern Control
			Latitude = 19.65
			Longitude = -77.4
			Height = 3200
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
        }
		STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc490
			Name = KSC NE Island
			Latitude = 5.7
			Longitude = -61.28
			Height = 1320
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc491
			Name = Eastern Peninsula
			Latitude = 3.15
			Longitude = -37.35
			Height = 1980
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc492
			Name = Eastern Mountains
			Latitude = -2.6
			Longitude = 1.5
			Height = 4400
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc493
			Name = Central Continent
			Latitude = 0.4
			Longitude = 56.2
			Height = 2450
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc494
			Name = Far Eastern Mountains
			Latitude = -6.6
			Longitude = 113.6
			Height = 6500
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc495
			Name = Far Eastern Peninsula
			Latitude = -5.4
			Longitude = 141.9
			Height = 380
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc496
			Name = Crater Mountain Ridge
			Latitude = 1.19
			Longitude = -175.5
			Height = 5900
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc497
			Name = Desert
			Latitude = 2.25
			Longitude = -131.8
			Height = 3330
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc498
			Name = KSC Mountains
			Latitude = -0.1
			Longitude = -79.72
			Height = 5450
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
        }
	}
    PreSets
	{
		PRESETS = SETIremoteTechConfig/RemoteTech_Settings
	}
}

Edited by Yemo

8 hours ago, Yemo said:

@tomek.piotrowski, @neitsa

I used the new RT 1.8.1 default config as a base for my SETIremoteTechConfig and ported over all the changes. Unfortunately none of the changes affect the settings when starting a new game.

Signal delay is still on, the additional ground stations are not displayed and so on. The SETIremoteTechConfig changes are simply ignored by RemoteTech.

//---This is the SETI config for RemoteTech, adding ground stations, setting signal delay to false and tweaking colors
//---Authors: Yemo
//---Contributions: frango9000
//---SETI forum thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/106130
//---RemoteTech forum thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83305

//---License (except for the names, ground station positions and the version file, which are AllRightsReserved): GPL version 2 (as RemoteTech itself): http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html

RemoteTechSettings
{
	RemoteTechEnabled = True
	CommNetEnabled = False
	ConsumptionMultiplier = 1
	RangeMultiplier = 1
	MissionControlRangeMultiplier = 1 
	ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2
	NoTargetGuid = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
	SpeedOfLight = 3E+08
	MapFilter = Omni, Cone, Path
	EnableSignalDelay = False
	RangeModelType = Standard
	MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0
	ThrottleTimeWarp = True
	ThrottleZeroOnNoConnection = True
	HideGroundStationsBehindBody = True
	ControlAntennaWithoutConnection = True
	UpgradeableMissionControlAntennas = False
	HideGroundStationsOnDistance = True
	ShowMouseOverInfoGroundStations = True
	AutoInsertKaCAlerts = True
	FCLeadTime = 180
	FCOffAfterExecute = False
	DistanceToHideGroundStations = 3E+06
	DishConnectionColor = 0.9960784,0.7019608,0.03137255,1
	OmniConnectionColor = 0.5529412,0.5176471,0.4078431,1
	ActiveConnectionColor = 0.6588235,1,0.01568628,1
	RemoteStationColorDot = 1,0,0,1
	GroundStations
	{
		STATION
		{
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
			Name = Mission Control
			Latitude = -0.131331503391266
			Longitude = -74.594841003418
			Height = 100
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0,0,1
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+11
				}
			}
		}
		STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc489
			Name = KSC Northern Control
			Latitude = 19.65
			Longitude = -77.4
			Height = 3200
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
        }
		STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc490
			Name = KSC NE Island
			Latitude = 5.7
			Longitude = -61.28
			Height = 1320
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc491
			Name = Eastern Peninsula
			Latitude = 3.15
			Longitude = -37.35
			Height = 1980
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc492
			Name = Eastern Mountains
			Latitude = -2.6
			Longitude = 1.5
			Height = 4400
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc493
			Name = Central Continent
			Latitude = 0.4
			Longitude = 56.2
			Height = 2450
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc494
			Name = Far Eastern Mountains
			Latitude = -6.6
			Longitude = 113.6
			Height = 6500
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc495
			Name = Far Eastern Peninsula
			Latitude = -5.4
			Longitude = 141.9
			Height = 380
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc496
			Name = Crater Mountain Ridge
			Latitude = 1.19
			Longitude = -175.5
			Height = 5900
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc497
			Name = Desert
			Latitude = 2.25
			Longitude = -131.8
			Height = 3330
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.4,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 9E+06
				}
			}
        }
        STATION
        {
			Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc498
			Name = KSC Mountains
			Latitude = -0.1
			Longitude = -79.72
			Height = 5450
			Body = 1
			MarkColor = 1,0.8,0,0.7
			Antennas
			{
				ANTENNA
				{
					Omni = 1E+06
				}
			}
        }
	}
    PreSets
	{
		PRESETS = SETIremoteTechConfig/RemoteTech_Settings
	}
}

(I am pretty sure I tested this successfully. I will check again when i get to my deaktop.)

My apologies, I forgot to describe the whole setting change.

In the previous and perhaps earlier versions of RT, during KSP's transition to KSC from main menu, RT initialised its settings from DLL-stored hardcoded values (!) (Default_Settings.cfg in RT mod was simply a template. Sorry, victims who tried to edit it unsuccessfully!). Then, it checked for any RT setting cfgs inside KSP's database (any RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in save or third-party mod). It would read and stack ones found upon its internal settings (like extra ground stations). It might ignore any changes in RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in save. I think the changes in RT setting window were not saved to the save file, and lost when exiting to main menu.

In this 1.8.1, we overhauled it completely because there were multiple issues on this. In the menu-to-KSC transition, RT will first read Default_Settings.cfg and initialise values. Then, it checks if the player has RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in save folder, and will replace the default values with this save file. If not, the default settings are saved as a new RT cfg in the save folder. Any changes in RT setting windows will be saved too.

Related to this, we overhauled the preset feature. In the RT setting window, you can select from list of preset cfgs like SETI's RemoteTech_Settings to overwrite the user' current settings. (Included the option to revert to RT default settings). The affected settings are also saved to the save file (eg the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in your save is now SETI one).

Test: Go to the preset place and load your SETI's RT, @Yemo

Edit: I got on my desktop and tested a new game with your settings. After switching to your settings, I can see bunch of colourful ground stations and no signal delay. What do you think on this additional step of go to RT setting window and switching to third-party mod's RT settings after installing the said mod?

Edited by TaxiService
edit on mobile phone sucks

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

@tomek.piotrowski does this version of remotetech have plasma blackout? Where when you reenter you lose signal? I'm doubting if to get this or stick with comment.

Nope, We don't have any plasma blackout in this current version. The 1.x branch is not using any feature of CommNet (apart from the stock antennas).

4 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Edit: I got on my desktop and tested a new game with your settings. After switching to your settings, I can see bunch of colourful ground stations and no signal delay. What do you think on this additional step of go to RT setting window and switching to third-party mod's RT settings after installing the said mod?

I agree that the former logic of loading settings was not optimal. Unfortunately the current logic is kind of deal-breaking for me as a modder, especially in terms of mod support.

I remember the days when you needed the tech manager plugin to load non-stock tech trees. KSPI used to have its own tech tree, and thus players needed to choose from 4 simple options upon game start, without proper defaults. You would not believe the number of botched setups resulting from this.

From my experience, the default upon new game start must be a direct result of installed mods, without any special user interaction in-game.

This drastically decreases support issues and if there are support issues, a screenshot of the GameData folder (and perhaps of the ContractPacks sub folder) provides all the information needed for 95+ % of the issues.

This is especially true for RemoteTech, with all its mod interactions.

Eg. RealismOverhaul and SETIremoteTechConfig change the complete default settings. And other mods might make additional changes on top of that. For example OuterPlanetsMod, NewHorizons and the different Kerbin resize mods might multiply the stock/RealismOverhaul/SETIremoteTechConfig range settings by some factor, to account for the different solar system distances.

Thus imho the current logic needs to be changed to something like this (and perhaps the non-stock configs need to be changed as well for that to work properly):

1. All FULL SETs of remoteTech settings found in the GameData folder (eg stock RemoteTech settings, Realism Overhaul, SETIremoteTechConfig) are separately written into the game database upon ksp loading.

2. Each FULL SET of remoteTech settings can then be modified by module manager patches upon ksp loading. For example a kerbin rescale mod could increase the range of all ground stations, both for the stock RemoteTech settings, as well as for the SETIremoteTechConfig, since both are stored separately in the game database and can thus be modified separately by MM patches.

3. The result are possibly multiple MM modified presets, which are available through the in-game remote tech menu.

4. There needs to be a logic to determine which of those MM modified presets takes precendence when a new game is started. With those 3 I know of, it should be RealismOverhaul > SETIremoteTechConfig > stock RemoteTech settings. Since the latter 2 are pretty useless in a Sol/Earth sized world and between the latter two, installing SETIremoteTechConfig is a clear indication that those settings are preferred over stock RT settings for a new game.
There should be the possibility to have a private remote tech settings file which takes precedence over all of the 3, similar to the :FINAL statement of module manager. We could simply add a "Precedence" flag in the settings files. Stock RemoteTech settings have precedence = 0, SETIremoteTech uses precendence = 5, Realism Overhaul remote tech config has precedence = 10, a private rt settings file would use something like precedence = 20 or so. This would only be used to determine the default config when a new game is started.

5. The resulting mm modified default config (the one with the highest precedence flag from (4.) can then be adjusted by the player per in-game menu and is then stored in the savegame.

6. The savegame stored config is not altered without user input during an existing game. Thus if the user installs eg SETIremoteTechConfig during an existing game, (s)he must select the MM modified SETIremoteTechConfig preset through in-game menu to use it and thus overwrite the previous settings stored in the savegame.

This could imho be the basic logic, providing a framework for full RT settings modders (private and public), solar system modders (OPM, NewHorizons, RealSolarSystem, Kerbin resizes), as well as users who use savegame specific in-game settings.