SpaceX Challenge!

This applies to any version,

First make a dragon like Resupply craft.

And then make a fully reuseable rocket, then:

You must land the first stage and recover it(No parachutes(No drouges either)).Then land the 2nd stage from orbit(drogues are allowed on the second stage de-orbit/landing)and recover it.And then resupply a space station with the dragon like craft.Then finally land the spacecraft and recover it.(you can use parachutes and drouge chutes on the spacecraft).

Edited by theradRusssian
typo

• 1 month later...

I've been using something like this lately to get crew to and from my station so I'll post it here. Not exactly Dragon like as it's crewed, and not exactly DragonV2 like as it only carries 3 Kerbals. Also I don't really "resupply" the station as much as cart Kerbals back and forth but it would be fairly trivial to swap out the pod and life support stuff for something automated to do resupply runs. Everything gets returned to Kerbin except for one Separator which is left in orbit.

I've built a station in a 300x300km orbit with an inclination of 22.7 degrees which, apart from being a nice inclination to have a station in, has the benefit that anything launched to it passes over that little island to the north east of KSC. I'm using that island as a landing zone for my booster stages.

The basic flight profile is:

- launch then separate upper stage at about 50kms with an apoapsis of about 94kms

- burn upper stage until apoapsis is 250kms (still sub orbital)

- switch back to booster stage and land on the island

-switch back to upper stage and circularise orbit at 250kms

- separate crew vehicle, rendezvous with station, and dock

- switch back to upper stage and deorbit

- undock and deorbit crew vehicle

All stock parts but I've used TweakScale on 2 parts to make it look better. I also use KOS with some scripts I've written for the launch, booster landing, and upper stage deorbit and EDL sequence. Also using Kerbal Engineer, PreciseNode, Docking Alignment Indicator, Remote Tech, TAC life support.

Edited by SatunV

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:35 PM, UpsilonAerospace said:

I believe this fits most of the challenge submission guidelines...? I can definitely fly a mission where all of the bits survive intact; it may just take a few attempts.

:P

-Upsilon

Is this a joke?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5aVgkLrA1IUMTqkH6C1_

dragon-lab.jpg

I assume that was a joke because this is the falcon 9 (top pic) and the dragon. (bottom pic)

Edited by Firemetal

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Trekkie148 said:

Challenge accepted 

This challenge is pretty old and hasn't had a post in over a year!  You might want to check out a more current challenge, like the one in the link that sevenperforce posted.

28 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Um.

This challenge is older than yours...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.