[1.8.x] NavBallAdjustor v1.9.2 : Adjust markers scale, colors, priorities, behavior

Dizor

NavBallAdjustor

For KSP 1.8.x

Description

NavBallAdjustor mod allows you to adjust scale/colors/priorities for navball markers and configure collapse behavior. You can disaccustom navball to hide on Map View or force it to be afraid of the mouse cursor.

How to use

0. Unpack ZIP to KSP game folder.

1. Start the game and click on "gear" icon on the top of NavBall. Adjust any NavBall option.

2. Go back to forum thread and like this post. Done.

Change NavBall markers colors instructions

Spoiler

Select the marker at the right side, prograde is selected by default, and click on color picker area on any color you want. Observe the navball, prograde marker color is changed.

If you want to revert color - click on the left side of colored rectangle under the color picker.

To set the same color for retrograde marker click on ">" button.

Short video demonstration

Spoiler

Pictures

Settings_Toggle.png  Adjusted_Markers1.png  Adjusted_Markers2.png

Options:

Settings_Window.png

Color_Settings_Window.png

Ghost markers:

UjC225d.gif

Download

SpaceDock

GitHub

Also mod is available in CKAN

Source code

GitHub

Licence

GPLv3

Change log

Please see the GitHub releases page

btn_donate_LG.gif

Edited by Dizor

Seems to be useful, I'll definitely try it.

A modder's question: have you figured out a way to get rid of those silly waypoint icons on navball?

Edited by Ser

11 hours ago, White Owl said:

Slick!

How difficult would it be to add color editing for the various markers, for those of us who like alternate navball textures?

Hmm, good idea. Will investigate this.

33 minutes ago, Ser said:

Seems to be useful, I'll definitely try it.

A modder's question: have you figured out a way to get rid of those silly waypoint icons on navball?

You mean icons from left side of navball? This is not a problem, but I'm okay with these icons so I did not touch them.

50 minutes ago, Dizor said:

You mean icons from left side of navball? This is not a problem, but I'm okay with these icons so I did not touch them.

I mean when you accept a survey contract, go to the Map view and click "Activate navigation" on a waypoint, an icon depicting a pair of feet or a notepad is displayed right on the navball showing you the direction to that waypoint. Do you know how to get rid of it?

10 minutes ago, Ser said:

I mean when you accept a survey contract, go to the Map view and click "Activate navigation" on a waypoint, an icon depicting a pair of feet or a notepad is displayed right on the navball showing you the direction to that waypoint. Do you know how to get rid of it?

Never seen it before, but it looks to be adjustable. Will check.

Mod is updated. Change log:

1. Added possibility to adjust scale for Survey Nav Waypoints.
2. Labels for inactive markers are gray now in mod settings window.
3. NavBall will not be afraid of mouse cursor when Modifier Key is pressed.
4. Fixed vessel control bug on Map View when "Stock AutoHide NavBall" feature is turned off.

On 16.05.2016 at 2:53 AM, White Owl said:

Slick!

How difficult would it be to add color editing for the various markers, for those of us who like alternate navball textures?

This is not difficult. But first I have to implement the color picker for this feature. Will include this in next mod update!

7 hours ago, Enceos said:

@Dizor Lovely work! Would you mind giving some eye candy to your SpaceDock page for this mod? The markup there supports youtube vids, imgur albums etc.

Sure, i will update SpaceDock page once i find time for this)

4 hours ago, Enceos said:

@Stone Blue You don't like texture replacer?

I admit, I've never used it... I HAVE considered it several times, however, everytime I consider all the listed functionality, the ONLY thing I would really want it for, comes down to ONLY replacing the navball texture... Which the NavBall Texture Changer mod does (did) well, and simply...
I'm a simplist, and my OCD, (and my older laptop), urges me to only use mods that are greater than like, 75% useful in functionality... lol

I took a shot at recompiling NavBall Changer, but not knowing very much about programming, I failed...
I know recently @xEvilReeperx has been activley poking at some of the mods on his/her repository, but it looks like NC hasnt been touched in quite awhile... NC is one of the very first mods I install in every new KSP install... Been missing it... Would be nice to get that functionality back, without having to install, what would for me, be a very bloated mod (TextureReplacer).

Edited by Stone Blue

10 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

Make it Small

Maybe work in some of this functionality? Or even collaborate since we don't have a working Enhanced Navball Indicator mod at the moment (mod author abandoned it).

@shoe7ess Make it Small became stock in 1.1.2, open the settings menu in the game to see all the tweaks.

@Stone Blue Texture Replacer is not a bloated mod, it just has access to most of the ingame textures. The .dll is just 64Kb. You won't notice it in your game. I believe you never tried it.

Edited by Enceos

12 hours ago, Enceos said:

@shoe7ess Make it Small became stock in 1.1.2, open the settings menu in the game to see all the tweaks.

@Stone Blue Texture Replacer is not a bloated mod, it just has access to most of the ingame textures. The .dll is just 64Kb. You won't notice it in your game. I believe you never tried it.

Wow, didn't even realize that. Thanks

On 20.05.2016 at 0:23 AM, Stone Blue said:

Any chance of sometime taking a look at navball texture replacement as an added feature?

This feature can be very useful, but I dont'n know a way to change texture dynamically at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@Dizor didn't see it mentioned, but the little button thingy stays visible when there is no navball in IVA. Love the mod though,

Thank you. Will check and fix.

really nice mod anyway, thank you to share it! :)

An other idea of suggest: include the ghost marker from the no more maintained:

Ignath:

Ghosting displays the nodes that are "behind" the navball.  They appear on the navball but are "ghosted" (more faded than the nodes that are not "behind" the navball) out.  It makes things much easier to see exactly where your nodes are and where they are moving while you burn.  It may make it easier for you to follow a 45 degree burn between pro and normal, as it makes it easier to see where nodes are if they're not on the visible face of the navball.

Edited by Skalou

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.