Alshain

Community Database of Module Manager Patches for Stock KSP

163 posts in this topic

"Add Attachment Nodes to Solar Panels" breaks some mod parts, particularly when the mod part has nodes already. Probably should be modified to specifically fix the stock solar panel parts only.

14 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

"Add Attachment Nodes to Solar Panels" breaks some mod parts, particularly when the mod part has nodes already. Probably should be modified to specifically fix the stock solar panel parts only.

You will have to ask @Enceos about that.  It's his patch and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what it is trying to accomplish :D

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

Define "breaks" please. I'm using a patch without the attachment restriction in my game and I never encountered any problems.

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[#node_attach[*],@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]]
{
    %node_stack_root = #$node_attach$
    @attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
    @bulkheadProfiles = size0, srf
}

More patches from this league:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[#node_attach[*],@MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]]
{
    @attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#node_attach[*],@MODULE[ModuleRCSFX]]
{
    @attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#node_attach[*],@MODULE[ModuleRCS]]
{
    @attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#node_attach[*],@MODULE[ModuleDeployableRadiator]]
{
    @attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1

Edited by Enceos

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Enceos said:

Define "breaks" please. I'm using a patch without the attachment restriction in my game and I never encountered any problems.

Reveal hidden contents

{
    @attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
}

When this patch is in place: In this mod, the Gondola parts will only attach at one node to a parent part, and then no other parts will allow themselves to be attached. The parts contain a ModuleDeployableSolarPanel module, but also have 4 nodes *and* are surface-attachable.

Without the patch, things attach just fine to all the nodes.

Edited by westamastaflash

@westamastaflash I also have Heisenberg. Use the version I posted, without attachment restriction to avoid the problem.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@westamastaflash I also have Heisenberg. Use the version I posted, without attachment restriction to avoid the problem.

Thank you! I must have had an older/different version. 

{
    @attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1
    @bulkheadProfiles = size1, srf

Edited by westamastaflash

On 4/14/2017 at 8:19 PM, Jarin said:

So I, uh, borked something (and I didn't even add that new script yet), and now I'm getting over a hundred MM errors on load; looks like a lot of it is in tweakscale, but all I get from the loading screen is error totals. Is there a log to get details of MM load errors somewhere?

@Alshain any idea what to look at here? Google searches are failing me.

7 minutes ago, Jarin said:

@Alshain any idea what to look at here? Google searches are failing me.

If it isn't related to a patch here, you should ask in the MM thread or possibly Tweakscale thread.  I don't know how to troubleshoot those.  Sorry :(

5 hours ago, Alshain said:

If it isn't related to a patch here, you should ask in the MM thread or possibly Tweakscale thread.  I don't know how to troubleshoot those.  Sorry :(

That... is a really good idea. <.<

(just take it as a complement that you're a visibly knowledgeable authority on the topic of MM scripts, so I missed the obvious action here)

@PART[*]:HAS[@Module[ModuleDockingNode]:HAS[~snapRotation[True]]]:FINAL

this shoud, in theory, target all docking ports that DONT have snaprotation, correct? (the mm wiki says ~ is the oppisite of #, similar to @ and !)

@Alshain The patches that duplicate stock structural parts for other sizes (e.g. duplicating the 1.25m 6-way hub to 2.5m, etc) don't update the bulkheadProfiles for the parts, so the parts don't show up correctly when filtering by cross-section.

// Swap Crew report and EVA report biome-dependence in space low
@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[crewReport]]:FINAL           { @biomeMask = 23 }
@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[evaReport]]:FINAL            { @biomeMask = 7  }

When one finds it is silly to get out to get all the biome science :rolleyes:

Note that if you apply this patch mid-game the old biome EVA reports won't get deleted.

Edited by pwhk

3 hours ago, pwhk said:

// Swap Crew report and EVA report biome-dependence in space low
@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[crewReport]]:FINAL           { @biomeMask = 23 }
@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#id[evaReport]]:FINAL            { @biomeMask = 7  }

When one finds it is silly to get out to get all the biome science :rolleyes:

Note that if you apply this patch mid-game the old biome EVA reports won't get deleted.

Just want to point out that this creates a huge buff to very early career science returns (before the expensive astronaut complex upgrade which allows EVA in flight), when science is still comparatively hard to get.  Is that intentional?

I'd probably agree on philosophical grounds that the crew report makes more sense as a detailed planetary observation than the EVA report.  But I would personally go so far as to call this swap (in my usual Hard mode rules, where building upgrades are ruinously expensive) cheating.  Cheating myself out of the enjoyable challenges of early career.

Edited by fourfa