Alterations I want to make to the KSC

Why would you need a second runway for polar orbits, or even a launchpad to do so? For rockets, it doesn't matter whether they go east, west, north, south or anything in between. For aircraft and SSTO's, they're aircraft, they can turn in flight. If they can't; congratulations on building a horizontal rocket.

That being said, I would love the idea of a second runway (and proper taxiways) because I tend to re-use aircraft where I can, fuel 'em up with tankers (which get their fuel from a mining installation nearby) and launch again. The use of more launchpads would come in really handy when using Kerbal Construction Time, which is just awesome.

Also: Verrry useful later for when multiplayer is added, you could have a "more realistic" battlefield style of choosing your spwanpoint, instead of piling up on the same launchpad/runway until inevitably, something explodes.

5 hours ago, Alshain said:

Point is still that the Space shuttle was 19 degrees and this is a Space game.  So which do you give it without having a configuration window? (FWIW though, the shuttle certainly did not use a PAPI)

Now there is a mod for an ILS too.

Have more than one?  Align one to 5 degrees and one to 19. That way you can land your jets and crash your spaceplanes with the same precision!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think we need multiple pads, just more runways. I'd like it styled after DFW, because that's where the first Concorde landed in the U.S.

AND besides, I like having multiple runways so I can say I landed on a runway, not next to it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.