[1.1.2] Launch Cooling Systems (LCS)

Belerafon

I've been waiting for something like this for awhile. Thanks for making this. No offense, but are you by chance going for a "kerbal" approach to the naming and description? If so that's fine, but just incase you dont know its called a water suppression system. It's main use is to damped the noise made by the engines. The acoustic waves will bounce back up and damage the rocket. The sound would also damage the launch pad if it weren't suppressed.

Edited by Motokid600

I messed around with some modified "Puff" engines to make a Sound Suppression System once. It was a lot of fun, but it was also something like 80 parts just for the launch tower. Would love a more integrated system. Here's a video I made using my Kerbo-rigged SSS:

Edited by blorgon

• 3 months later...

when will this mod be released? im trying to build a stock game with only realism things like engine lights, and other realism things except for planet realism things and parts, but i absolutely need this.

Edited by Neptunian
not enough sauce.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.