Map scene starts rotating around craft

So I got a modded install (will list mods underneath)

Run 64 bit version

Whenever I go into map mode the map scene start rotating/spinning using the active vessel as it's center

123_zpss2yrencf.jpg

Anyone seen a similar issue

It feels like chase in map mode

Edited by Resender

6 minutes ago, Rasip said:

I have seen that same effect, but only when the mouse was over one of mechjeb's screens while at warp.

I think the OP is describing the map rotating as if the viewpoint is moving with the ship as it rotates, I do sometimes observe this.

If you are seeing it at warp, where ships cannot rotate, can you be seeing the same phenomena?

I get this when I drag my mouse cursor off the screen while in map mode. I have a program running that won't let the cursor go between screens unless I'm holding down CTRL (It's called Mousenitor if you're curious) and figured that was causing it. Some combination of holding down ctrl, going to the far right of the screen, and then the mouse no longer being in the KSP window. When I bring the mouse back, it stops. Also, it doesn't happen every time I play, but when it does happen it happens for the entire session.

I have no idea if any of this will be any help to you, but maybe it'll jog something.

Edited by 5thHorseman

28 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

I think the OP is describing the map rotating as if the viewpoint is moving with the ship as it rot

If you are seeing it at warp, where ships cannot rotate, can you be seeing the same phenomena?

Seeing as how the op said the screen rotates around the ship's position while in map mode and that is what i am seeing, yes i do think i am seeing the same phenomena.

7 minutes ago, Rasip said:

Seeing as how the op said the screen rotates around the ship's position while in map mode and that is what i am seeing, yes i do think i am seeing the same phenomena.

Fair enough, only seems to occur when my ship is physically rotating, I'll check to see if it is related to mechjeb+mouse position when I can.

I also have two monitors, I'll see if that is relevant too.

• 3 weeks later...

The rotation will happen when over a menu that isn't properly locking controls. You won't see it in the stock menus but you will see it for mod menus. Whichever menu you're mousing over when rotation occurs is the mod responsible.

MechJeb is known to cause it but it is fixed in the current dev releases so if MechJeb menus cause it then download the latest dev menu. If it happens in the menus of other mods then report it in that mod's thread and refer them to these sections of code in Deadly Reentry: 

https://github.com/Starwaster/DeadlyReentry/blob/master/Source/DRToolBar.cs#L108-L122

and also:

https://github.com/Starwaster/DeadlyReentry/blob/master/Source/DRToolBar.cs#L146-L175

That's how to lock controls without camera rotation in the map screen.

Edited by Starwaster

On 6/10/2016 at 11:15 AM, Starwaster said:

The rotation will happen when over a menu that isn't properly locking controls. You won't see it in the stock menus but you will see it for mod menus. Whichever menu you're mousing over when rotation occurs is the mod responsible.

While it's true that a mod popup window can trigger the bug, it's false to claim that a mod is required to trigger the bug.  Mods not handling keyboard focus well is just one common way to trigger the problem.  But the root "blame" for the problem lays in how the stock game seems to be in some way tying camera rotation to where the keyboard focus is, which I don't understand why it's doing that in the first place.

It's just that most people don't see the problem in stock because they run in fullscreen mode, where you can't see the game when it's not the active window.  But play stock in windowed mode and you can see the exact same camera rotation effect appear sometimes when you shift focus to some other window and keep the KSP window visible behind it.  Sometimes when KSP loses the active focus, it starts rotating the camera.

I had to do a complete reinstall to 1.1.2x, which brought in the 64-bit option.  MechJeb still showing 1.1-prerelease on Curse, and MechJeb is my only mod on the new install.  I get the map rotation issue everytime I mouse over an MJ window, regardless of window-mode or fullscreen.

Is there a more recent update for MechJeb other than the Curse version?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.