[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)

blackheart612

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 7:48 PM, hellothere___ said:

i have an issue where the prop engines dont make noise. i have firespitter installed. what can i do?

Ugh. One month later… :/  If you still have the problem publish your KSP.log and I will see what's missing. You, perhaps, had installed Firespitter Core only?

In a way or another:

ANNOUNCE

Release 26.6.2.1 is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• Pulling a fast one: fixing the cause of the infamous TweakScale's warning NULL ConfigNode for <part-path> (unholy characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead! at the same trying to salvage any current patchset, partset or UbioWeld made parts by keeping the meshes and textures on the original place.
    • It's deceiving because the "problem" is still there, I only moved it around to a place where TweakScale will not complain.

@Krazy1 asked about some annoying warnings trigged on AirplanePlus  on the TweakScale Companion thread, and while explaining them the problem suddenly I got an crazy idea (pun not intended) about how to work around the problem without breaking legacy - and the damned thing worked!

What's next

I couldn't get in touch with @blackheart612 since my last release, did a last try today. But I'm not holding my breath on the hopes on reusing the CurseForge and SpaceDock entries - so I'm considering how to proceed from here without throwing anyone under the bus (neither putting my SAS on the window).

Other than the stunt I pulled above, there's nothing new, and I'm still strugging a bit on working on the backlog I had posted in the last release:

Additionally, besides being a bit above my head at this moment, I'm slowly gathering knowledge to build SOFIA, as requested on https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/AirplanePlus/issues/8 . I really enjoyed the idea.

Disclaimer

By last, but not the least...

Spoiler

No Module Manager was harmed during the development of TweakScale Airplane Plus.

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • Others are still being worked out at this moment.

On 9/28/2023 at 1:26 PM, Lisias said:

Eventually. I took too much time to deliver something, and @blackheart612 is not frequenting Forums since some time.

Ideally, I want to ask him to include me as an Author on SpaceDock and CurseForge, making everything transparent to users - but even if we decide to publish on new entries on SD, I still need his authorisation so CKAN guys accept redirecting the current AirplanePlus CKAN tag to the new location.

Thanks for the update. I just realized I'm still on v26.5. It's still a no-go for CKAN updates? I guess I should add KSP-AVC.
I'm also using Airplane Plus Things link Keep it or no?

21 minutes ago, Krazy1 said:

Thanks for the update. I just realized I'm still on v26.5. It's still a no-go for CKAN updates? I guess I should add KSP-AVC.
I'm also using Airplane Plus Things link Keep it or no?

I'm still trying to reach @blackheart612, but I'm considering my options in the short time. The CC-NC license can be tricky to cope with - right now, I'm just an A+ licensee, not the author, and this imposes me some annoying (to say the least) limitations in what I can safely (in the legal sense) and consistently (i.e., safe everywhere, not only on some countries) do.

So CKAN is going to wait a bit.

About Things, IMHO you will be better served by the TweakScale Companion for A+ (or the ÜberPaket), as I keep the A+ Companion synced with this Fork - but TS patches are TS patches, you don't need to use my Companion if you find a reason to keep using Things (it could be safer for current savegames - I don't have the slightest idea about how Things did the patching) .

But the new bits will not be scaled for sure.

Spoiler

As a matter of fact, I actively support people willing to customise their patches for specific needs - all I ask is to do it in a way that would not play havoc in the wild (following suit with the Companions by using :AFTER, :BEFORE and creating a dedicated MM "tag" so patches can be aware of your changes - for example, TweakScaleCompanion_AirCrafts_APP on :FOR as I did).

Hummm… I need to check if I added the new parts to the APP Companion, by the way (I don't remember right now)!

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Edited by Lisias
Better phrasing

On 2/18/2024 at 7:58 PM, Lisias said:

Ugh. One month later… :/  If you still have the problem publish your KSP.log and I will see what's missing. You, perhaps, had installed Firespitter Core only?

In a way or another:

ANNOUNCE

Release 26.6.2.1 is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• Pulling a fast one: fixing the cause of the infamous TweakScale's warning NULL ConfigNode for <part-path> (unholy characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead! at the same trying to salvage any current patchset, partset or UbioWeld made parts by keeping the meshes and textures on the original place.
    • It's deceiving because the "problem" is still there, I only moved it around to a place where TweakScale will not complain.

@Krazy1 asked about some annoying warnings trigged on AirplanePlus  on the TweakScale Companion thread, and while explaining them the problem suddenly I got an crazy idea (pun not intended) about how to work around the problem without breaking legacy - and the damned thing worked!

What's next

I couldn't get in touch with @blackheart612 since my last release, did a last try today. But I'm not holding my breath on the hopes on reusing the CurseForge and SpaceDock entries - so I'm considering how to proceed from here without throwing anyone under the bus (neither putting my SAS on the window).

Other than the stunt I pulled above, there's nothing new, and I'm still strugging a bit on working on the backlog I had posted in the last release:

Disclaimer

By last, but not the least...

Reveal hidden contents

No Module Manager was harmed during the development of TweakScale Airplane Plus.

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • Others are still being worked out at this moment.

it works now. sometime the games files uninstall somehow and i have to check validity through steam

8 hours ago, hellothere___ said:

it works now. sometime the games files uninstall somehow and i have to check validity through steam

Check your SSD's health. It may be on its end of life...

• 4 weeks later...

Anytime I try to open the tweakables menu in the sph it just shows a tiny little transparent window and then I can’t open the tweakable menu on any other parts. Only happens on the cockpits though.

On 3/16/2024 at 5:32 PM, Jetroe said:

Anytime I try to open the tweakables menu in the sph it just shows a tiny little transparent window and then I can’t open the tweakable menu on any other parts. Only happens on the cockpits though.

Looks like some 3rd party borking on you. Please send me your KSP.log after reproducing the problem (and quitting KSP to prevent it from truncating the log) and I will try to figure out what's happening.

--- POST EDIT ---

Note to my future self: case diagnosed, but I can't further help due the add'on involved.

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT.